Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3DMark Scores / Rig Specs

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    Exactly

If you [matra] had a Veyron, wouldnt you brag about it on here?

BTW: my computer wouldnt be a veyron tho, mines like a Yugo with a supercharger.
    Missed the point.

IF I only drove ANY car around town at 30mph I woudlnt' ber braggin gabtou wha tit was possibly capable of.

( Why you dont' hear me talk about the family Corsa or hte Espace very much )

A difference of 1 or 2 THOUSAND in 3dMark scores is not noticable in ANY game currently available

Hearing guys go on about how they get 90 fps is always good for a quick dig at how they SAY they can see the difference. With a screen refresh rate of 60Hz ? and interlaced ?? and having to use the human eye and optic nerve to see it ??? yea right
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Missed the point.

IF I only drove ANY car around town at 30mph I woudlnt' ber braggin gabtou wha tit was possibly capable of.

( Why you dont' hear me talk about the family Corsa or hte Espace very much )

A difference of 1 or 2 THOUSAND in 3dMark scores is not noticable in ANY game currently available

Hearing guys go on about how they get 90 fps is always good for a quick dig at how they SAY they can see the difference. With a screen refresh rate of 60Hz ? and interlaced ?? and having to use the human eye and optic nerve to see it ??? yea right
    I dont play Midtown Madness 2 anymore, when i play games on my comp im not humming around town, im redlining in the salt flats.

When im frapsing games (even CSS) it can drop below 25 fps, about the speed a human stops seeing a difference. If, for example, im playing WoW... I play at max graphics and 1280x1024 resolution and get like 20-25 fps normaly. With Fraps recording i get 15-20, which can get frusterating. With a simple overclock of my GPU i can get it over 20, greatly improving the way my gameplay looks.

I run things like 3dmark for more than pretty numbers.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

When im frapsing games
    A good point, I wasn't thinking of the leeching effect of fraps on performance.
    YES can see the need for faster now, but usign 3dmark is questionable to comapre fraps as it operates a different processing model ( fraps requires the video frame buffer to be read back OUT onto system memory )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    A good point, I wasn't thinking of the leeching effect of fraps on performance.
    YES can see the need for faster now, but usign 3dmark is questionable to comapre fraps as it operates a different processing model ( fraps requires the video frame buffer to be read back OUT onto system memory )
    ok so part of it may be the pretty numbers, take me out to the back and shoot me.

I have FEAR and COD 2, and this sort of game brings even my Graphics card to its knees (mines the second best in world at the moment) at high resolution, mine makes it capable of playing it at those res, even if its with some settings turned down. whereas the older gen cards would struggle to get a frame rate that is playable at any res for these games.

3dmark is for the games of the future, no games currently look like 3d06 does, its meant to predict your performance in the next gen games

my computer seems to just about manage at the moment except for one game.

need for speed most wanted. i have it running at 640x480 with everything turned off and it still jerks! i check the EA forums and it seems to be a pretty major issue
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Yer, NFS MW has some of the newest techniques, some weird lighting and stuff which cripples most comps. Is the game itself any good? PS, psycho, i agree about the P4 thing, worse mistake of my life

Quote Originally Posted by bennywidag
    Yer, NFS MW has some of the newest techniques, some weird lighting and stuff which cripples most comps. Is the game itself any good? PS, psycho, i agree about the P4 thing, worse mistake of my life
    yeah very good game. i managed to complete it despite the stuttering
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Hum never played NFS MW, derek do you have a video card or are you using onboard video?
    Sounds like a stupid question but (with lowest graphics) when i played WoW one of my friends played with his mobo's video lol, he got like 2 FPS and still played.

Benny do you have the 256MB card or the 512?
    Is it OC'd at all?>

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    Leadtek WinFast PX6800GT TDH
    2x 1Gb Corshair
    80Gb and 160Gb (240Gb total) Maxtor SATA HDD
    Antec Truepower 2.0 480W

Be prepared to meet my other 6800GT in a few months.........
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    Leadtek WinFast PX6800GT TDH
    2x 1Gb Corshair
    80Gb and 160Gb (240Gb total) Maxtor SATA HDD
    Antec Truepower 2.0 480W

Be prepared to meet my other 6800GT in a few months.........
    lol nice. My sharty Soltek mobo doesnt suport SLI.. or PCI Express 16x for that matter :'(. Those are nice cards too, my friend has duel 6600GTs and they may be a little old, but they can haul some ass. What core does your CPU have? I have a 3500 with a NewCastle core, but mines from late 2004 lol, is yours one of the new Venice ones?

BTW: Post some 3dmark scores if you can, im looking into buying some new parts (mainly hard drive, video card and mobo (with PCI Express 16x)) and im wondering which nvidia chip to get. I know the 7800s are the shit but im not about to drop that much money on a VGA. If anything, id probably get a DFI board and buy two cheaper cards with it at the same time.. probably 2x 6600GTs or maybe 6800s. anyway, im wondering that kind of scores they get. thanks.

Benny do you have the 256MB card or the 512?
    Is it OC'd at all?>
    Yer, 256Mb XFX O/Ced to 540/1360MHZ

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    lol nice. My sharty Soltek mobo doesnt suport SLI.. or PCI Express 16x for that matter :'(. Those are nice cards too, my friend has duel 6600GTs and they may be a little old, but they can haul some ass. What core does your CPU have? I have a 3500 with a NewCastle core, but mines from late 2004 lol, is yours one of the new Venice ones?

BTW: Post some 3dmark scores if you can, im looking into buying some new parts (mainly hard drive, video card and mobo (with PCI Express 16x)) and im wondering which nvidia chip to get. I know the 7800s are the shit but im not about to drop that much money on a VGA. If anything, id probably get a DFI board and buy two cheaper cards with it at the same time.. probably 2x 6600GTs or maybe 6800s. anyway, im wondering that kind of scores they get. thanks.
    I think it's Venice, I bought it back in July last year. You should get one of the best SLI mobos, preferably Gigabyte if you wanna run some extreme dual core 6600GTs, make that quad cores when you SLI it. Goddammit I donno where to find that 3DMark thing. Don't even think about 7800, it doesn't have as much lifetime as the 6-series, plus 7900 is shooting for next month. Anyway, I still love the 6-series. WinFast works best if you have an Asus or ASRock mobo.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I think it's Venice, I bought it back in July last year. You should get one of the best SLI mobos, preferably Gigabyte if you wanna run some extreme dual core 6600GTs, make that quad cores when you SLI it. Goddammit I donno where to find that 3DMark thing. Don't even think about 7800, it doesn't have as much lifetime as the 6-series, plus 7900 is shooting for next month. Anyway, I still love the 6-series. WinFast works best if you have an Asus or ASRock mobo.
    lol i didnt even know people made duel core 6600GTs, probably too expencive thjo. 2x 6600GTs would be awesome. The boards ive been looking at are the DFI lanparty and the Asus SLI-Delux.. heard good things about both of them, which gigabite board are you talking about?

about the 7900, ive heard from the nvidians that it should be out by spring.. but id be suprised if it was out by the start of summer. The "maybe" specs for it are amazing tho.. something like 32 piplines? Sadly i think ATI has the best chips out right now, but nvidia has them by the nads once the 7900 is out.

btw: ive heard the 7900 may have 1700mhz RAM out of the box, with some great cooling you could have 512mb of 2ghz ram.

Meh nothing special.....

Celeron (I know, I know ) 2667 MHz
    Gigabyte 915PL motherboard
    ATi Radeon X600 Pro PCI-E (128 MB)
    512 MB RAM (Gonna get another 512 stick)

Thread Information