Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your predictions for F1?

What are your predictions for F1?

I predict a Ferrari dominance. Not like 2002 or 2004, but more like 2001. And McLaren will be the second force.

And you guys???
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Ferrari will start hotter, but McLaren will catch up quick and Kovaleinen will run Hamilton and Raikkonen VERY close.

I hope Piquet does well.
    It won't be easy, given his teammate and team boss.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Ferrari wins constructors, Kimi wins drivers - I feel free to modify this before the season starts.

Like last year, this thread should be locked once the season starts.

Repeat of 2007 (Raikkonen vs. Hamilton, with Alonso and Massa playing along in the background.), except Nakajima will be the new mid-level driver.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I think Heidfeld and Kubica may start contesting for the lead this season. Look out for Kimi to repeat, Alonso and Hamilton in a battle for second.

Id like to see another close season like 2007, tense up to the end.
    I Think renualt will be a major player again after a been off form since the loss of alonso, but with him back they should be up with ferrari and mclarens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I think Heidfeld and Kubica may start contesting for the lead this season.
    Maybe the odd freak race. BMW look to have fallen back into the clutches of Renault, Williams and Red Bull. McLaren and especially Ferrari are still a fair margin infront, and should be the regular pace setters.
    I am the Stig

so far it is looking good for ferrari, however i think that mclaren will be as quick. hopefully we will see williams form improving.

I predict legal battles.

The way I see the future of F1, on Saturdays they'll do qualifying, on Sunday they'll line up at the starting grid, the drivers will rev the engines and then get out of their cars and sign autographs and pose for pictures while each team's lawyers petition the FIA for the victory. There will be no actual racing.
    Last edited by NicFromLA; 02-24-2008 at 09:07 AM.

I reckon this is the start of a fresh era of dominance for Ferrari, this time being led under Raikonnen. But Hamilton is pretty good, I reckon he'll give Raikonnen a good fight. Alonso is good as done for, I reckon.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

I see at least one team unable to see-out the entire season and folding. And at least one other team contemplating leaving the sport thru a sale of their team.

As for the on track racing...it will probably be a very boring, dominate season for Ferrari. There will probably be fewer cars finishing each race than in the last few years, due to both more mechanical failures and more crashes. Surprises? Look for Massa to figure strongly in the DC.
    Last edited by ringle; 02-24-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Raikkonen for a champion, Ferrari for a constructor's. McLaren, Renault and BMW as close followers. And maybe Super Aguri will grow up compared to previous season and will earn some more points (say, 20-25). And I don't believe in Force India's or Nakajima's success.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Raikkonen for a champion, Ferrari for a constructor's. McLaren, Renault and BMW as close followers. And maybe Super Aguri will grow up compared to previous season and will earn some more points (say, 20-25). And I don't believe in Force India's or Nakajima's success.
    There's very little chance of that I'm afraid. At this stage it's not even certain that Super Aguri will make it to the grid in Melbourne. They're in big financial trouble, have barely done any testing, and have recently been begging to Honda to bail them out in time for the start of the season.

Going by the current testing form, you'd be mad to bet against Kimi and Ferrari making it two in a row. I hope Ferrari really aren't as far ahead as some have been suggesting, a return to the dominance of 2002 and 2004 is the absolute last thing the sport needs. Hopefully McLaren can push them all the way like last year.

Looks like BMW have gone backwards a little bit and will be off the pace at least for the start of the season until they get to grips with their completely redesigned car. I don't think any other team will be able to live with the Ferraris and McLarens. I really hope that Williams' good pre-season form isn't a false dawn, it'd be great to see them back up challenging for points and maybe even podiums on a regular basis.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I think Kimi out front followed by his teammate, they will jump out to an early lead but then I think McLaren can start catching them up. Disappointment of the year? Alonso'd return will be overhyped with sub-par finishes. He himself said the car is in the Red Bull and Williams part of the pack. A surprise team could come from one of the latter two teams and of course BMW is still in the mix. Look for Vettel to out race his teammate regularly and Piquet could also do some good things as a rook.

Thread Information