Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StudioTorino RK Spyder

StudioTorino RK Spyder

Unveiled on the 16th.

http://www.studiotorino.com/

From the Website:

DETAILS AND TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS

The body of the RK Spyder, including the bumpers, is in part a modification and in part an ex novo construction. All that is left of the original body is the front left fender. The materials used for the custom body are aluminum sheets, steel sheets and carbon fibers.
    One of the fundamental characteristics of the car, owing to Alfredo Stola’s know-how, is the painting process which aims to research the best light reflection effects on the body. The painting process lasts ten days. It begins with a complete manual re-working of the surface and the application of primers followed by five coats of paint at 80º with intense depth PPG car refinishing products.

After this first painting phase is completed, following the RK Spyder’s aesthetic philosophy, a second color is used to trace two lines on the rear fenders.

A third color is employed to paint the name plate on the rear hood. At the end of this process, a transparent enamel is sprayed followed by meticulous water sanding and hand polishing using abrasive paste and polish.

Three “jewels” of the project cannot go unnoticed: the fuel tank lid, the third brake lights and the muffler. Milled from forged aluminum and hand finished, they have been manufactured following an exclusive design.

Due to the lowering of the windshield frame and the two lateral windows, these have been custom built by ISOCLIMA, a leading Italian firm. Both the certification code and the STUDIOTORINO logo have been silk-screened onto the glass.

For safety reasons, the original steel tubes inserted in the struts have not been modified.

Every STUDIOTORINO name plate has been hand made one by one by RAGNI, an historic Turin company. Name plates have also been placed above the side air intakes of the rear fenders and on the wheel center caps.

The wheels are another aesthetic singularity of the RK Spyder. The rims have been designed and manufactured by TOORA. Exclusively developed for this project, they are made of forged aluminum, composed of three pieces and have five spokes. FULDA has specifically designed and produced the tires for STUDIOTORINO from their Carat Exelero series. All is completed by a specific and powerful BREMBO braking system with aluminum brackets and cast iron discs.

Since the car is topless, special attention has been focused on the aesthetics of the interior.

The lower part of the dashboard, the steering wheel, the door panels, and the center console have been hand upholstered with luxury leather by POLTRONA FRAU.

The seats have been designed and built by TOORA and appear for the first time on the RK Spyder. The electrically reclining seats are made of carbon fiber and are hand upholstered using lavishly innovative POLTRONA FRAU leather. The leather used for the seats has been specially engineered for a topless sports car: it reflects sunrays and maintains a constant temperature even after having been exposed to the sun for long periods of time.

Also by POLTRONA FRAU is the newly designed wall that separates the engine from the interior in black leather with a diamond design and double stitching in a contrasting color.

The brake and clutch pedals have been personalized. They are made of aluminum and have a rubber anti-slip pad bearing the STUDIOTORINO logo.

The rollbar, which has been repainted, has been left original as well as the safety belts.

An elegant name plate on the console carries the serial number of the car.

As for the choice of the “heart” of the Spyder by STUDIOTORINO, the client has the option of choosing the type of engine preferred. According to his needs, the client may choose between an aspirated engine, an injection engine, a Kompressor engine or a turbo engine.

Prototype 1/2 carries a RUF 3.8 liter Kompressor engine. Prototype 2/2 carries a RUF 3.8 liter aspirated engine.

The engine on P1/2 is a 24-valve six-cylinder engine that has a supercharger with an adapted water-cooled intercooler. This engine provides improved acceleration, torque and top speed.
    Power and torque are high at any RPM.

The basis of this Kompressor engine is a centrifugal compressor with a planetary gearbox –a kind of mechanical turbo charger, which is driven mechanically by a Poly-Rip belt. The maximum boost is 0,5 bar. The engine has a RUF designed intake manifold, modified injectors, sports catalytic converters and a modified electronic engine management system. The water-cooled charge cooler has a cooling water circuit with an electric water pump from the water cooler in the front spoiler.

The supercharged 3.8 liter engine of the RK Spyder provides a 420 bhp (305 kW) at 7,000 RPM and 450 Nm torque at 5,500 RPM.

The acceleration from 0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph) of the 3.8 liter RK Spyder with a RUF Kompressor Engine takes only 4.5 sec., from 0 – 200 km/h (0 – 125 mph) only 13.8 sec. The maximum speed is 285 km/h (175 mph).
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a spicy meatball.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

2 more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks kinda like a Boxster
    eat cicada

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

It's derived from the Boxster

Let's hope they were joking.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i prefer the Porsche version of the boxter, with the S-engine, it offers enough of driving sensations to me, plus it looks better than this modified car...

i like it. but i wouldn't consider it as a new construction
    12 cylinders or walk!

I lurve it! Very tasteful, sexy and powerful yet elegant.

For me it's much better than stock 987 Boxster
    my site - http://www.caravan.ru/~chapter/pu

Looks really cool... and you should drive to a Porsche club meeting with one of these
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by tallguynate
    2 more.
    SO! how much $$$$$ is this Boxster i mean rk spyder???
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by tallguynate
    It's derived from the Boxster
    Oh, I misread the title as Spyker and I didnt read any of the info.
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON
    Oh, I misread the title as Spyker and I didnt read any of the info.
    I first did too, I thought are those crazy Dutchmen out of their minds to "steal" the Boxter?!?

Thread Information