Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KTM X-Bow R

KTM X-Bow R

KTM X-Bow R

At the moment KTM is working intensively on the 2011model of its super sports car X-BOW. The first ever small series manufactured and street legal homologated car with a carbon fibre monocoque has been sold around 500 times since its launch in 2008. Around 50 X-BOW partners throughout Europe and currently ten importers globally look after sports car enthusiasts all over the world in order to supply the only 790 kilogram light, 240 horsepower strong extreme athlete.

After having been on the market for approximately two years now, the KTM X-BOW line-up will be supplemented with the introduction of the “R” model in the upcoming year. The engine for this even more powerful version comes again from Audi – but it will be exactly the same engine used among others in the actual Audi S3.

Changes to the engine electronics and peripheral devices will boost the performance up to 300 horsepower. Additionally, a considerably lower positioning and a modified mounting of the engine will lead to even higher cornering speeds and increased driving precision. In addition, two optional equipment packages should customize the X-BOW “R” as ideally as possible to the requirements of the customers: The road legal and homologated “Sport” package, as well as the “Race” package, which is optimised for track use. The packages each include a vast number of completely new developed parts, which increase the performance of the car dramatically. Many of these parts will be also available separately in the PowerParts program, so all current KTM X-BOW owners will enjoy the benefit of the new developments.

The prototype shown, pictured at a first rollout on the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife, has nearly all new parts installed, which will raise the enthusiasm amongst the numerous X-BOW customers and which should attract many more new customers.

Detailed information, prices and pictures will follow at the beginning of next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the only 790 kilogram light, 240 horsepower strong extreme athlete
    True .... but WHY is it a "feature ?
    The Atom is 180kg lighter ---- that's an American NFL Nose Tackle sitting in the passenger seat the whole time !!!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

How big is an X-Bow compared to an Atom? Looks like it's probably quite big.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Wasn't this featured in Transformers 2?

Besides ugly it's heavier... Atom FTW.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Wasn't this featured in Transformers 2?

Besides ugly it's heavier... Atom FTW.
    The Atom ain't exactly a looker, either. If I was in the market for one of these types of vehicle I think I'd go bike or Seven

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    The Atom ain't exactly a looker, either. If I was in the market for one of these types of vehicle I think I'd go bike or Seven
    This. Or maybe the Lotus 2 Eleven, despite the annoying spelling of the name.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Well, comparing a Seven (a classic) with these wouldn't be right... apples & oranges, yes? The Atom isn't pretty by a long shot but in the raw-exposed-modern-engineering sweepstakes it beats this thing.

As a vintage guy neither appeals like an old Lotus, though the 2 Eleven looks civilized compared to the KTM or Atom.

If you want a track toy, does anything provide the bang for the buck that a bike does?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    If you want a track toy, does anything provide the bang for the buck that a bike does?
    Depends on the bike you get. Compared to expensive racing bikes, yes. Compared to a $10,000 bike maybe not so much. Totally different experience though.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Depends on what kinda bang you like. Karts work for me, as death by crotch rocket ineptitude rules my psyche.

Plus these days the "freedom" of a bike is watered down some. People tend to picture an open air experience on a motorcycle, but with a helmet and leathers/protective clothing of some sort not so much.
    Big cities suck

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Depends on the bike you get. Compared to expensive racing bikes, yes. Compared to a $10,000 bike maybe not so much. Totally different experience though.
    Woo!

$7,000 for what was basically a homologation special to beat Ducati in WSBK!

Depends on what kinda bang you like. Karts work for me, as death by crotch rocket ineptitude rules my psyche.
    I quite like karts. I have driven them a few times, and I have come to accept that I will never have as much fun in a real car as I will in one of them.

I honestly don't even think driving one of my dream cars (even at a track) would be as fun as tooling around in a kart with a few friends.

Well, comparing a Seven (a classic) with these wouldn't be right... apples & oranges, yes? The Atom isn't pretty by a long shot but in the raw-exposed-modern-engineering sweepstakes it beats this thing.

As a vintage guy neither appeals like an old Lotus, though the 2 Eleven looks civilized compared to the KTM or Atom.
    Is it unfair? I think that the fact that the Seven receipe was so good that it still going a long proves that it is quite a car even compared to modern takes on the concept.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Woo!

$7,000 for what was basically a homologation special to beat Ducati in WSBK!
    Except it wasn't.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Ask Clarkson:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA[/ame]
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Thread Information