Thread: All new Pagani Huayra revealed ...

All new Pagani Huayra revealed ...

Hot on the heels of the first leaked shots, Pagani have now released the full details on the upcoming Huayra. It is set to replace the Zonda, which has remained in production for over a decade. From every angle, it is obvious that a clean sheet was used for the design of the Huayra, which is named after an ancient South American god of the wind. Drawing inspiration from jet-fighters, Horacio Pagani combined sharp lines with swooping curves. What also stands out is the lack of a permanent rear wing and the use of 'gullwing' doors. Under the shapely carbon fibre panels, a bespoke Mercedes-Benz / AMG V12 engine is found. Thanks to the application of two turbochargers, it is capable of producing in excess of 700 bhp and over 1000 Nm of torque. Another novelty is the application of a transversely mounted, seven-speed, sequential gearbox. Despite its high-performance drivetrain and luxuriously appointed interior, the Huayra only weighs 1350 kg.
    The Huayra's official debut is scheduled for Geneva in just over a month. Production should commence shortly after in a larger factory as Pagani hopes to build slightly more cars per year. The Huayra nevertheless has a reputed price-tag of 1 million Euro; quality still does not come cheaply.

Enjoy the links:

2011 Pagani Huayra - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I know no one here agrees with me, and everyone hates it, but I think it looks good. And I did from the start. I think it's very modern and contemporary, yet with many Zonda traits. It reminds me of the One-77, how it looks like an Aston, but at the same time it's very modern and different to anything else that's ever been built, and feels slightly experimental in its design. It's something that's done by companies such as Pagani, Aston, Ferrari, Lambo and Mclaren...and something that's a bit out of the reach of someone like Chevrolet, with its boring and mainstream Corvette.
    But maybe I'm just a sucker for silly looking exotica. Then again, who isn't? Everyone (myself included) loves the Countach, but it's sort of hideous really.
    All about the t-tops

Doesn't nearly seem as bad now, but it still looks like a fat pig compared to the clean lines of the Zonda. Also, the rims are hideous at best.

However, the interior looks pretty sweet, if not a bit messy in design (again, the Zonda's dash was much cleaner looking). I suppose the Huayra is more about performance: 1000NM of torque?? This thing should have some crazy straight line pull.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

We've had 13 years or whatever to get used to it, but back in the day the Zonda wasn't as conventional as it now seems. That funny duel spoiler, the weird forward and upright bubble cabin, and the steeply sloping front end. It was particularly strange when compared with Ferrari's 360 and Lambo's Diablo, which were both pretty conventional. It was a bit funny looking but we got used to it.
    All about the t-tops

I think Pagani are looking for their own style and worked on an evolution of the Zonda language rather than a whole new design. First impressions are that the designers were somewhat lazy - after all the Zonda was a shock when it was released more than a decade ago and I think we were expecting a totally new direction.

I agree with LH regarding the rims, however, wheels are usually 'eye of the beholder' stuff and they are arguably, track/race themed... and no doubt weigh a pittance.

I don't like the deletion of the rear wing - I know it has been done to clean up the lines and to put emphasis on rear diffusers and the incredible work that's gone on underneath the car, but I think Pagani make statements with wings. Perhaps a Huayra R sometime in the future?

Overall, I'm still largely undecided, the car looks too heavy and cumbersome at the rear, much like the old Zonda - there's too much sheetmetal behind the door and cabin to make it an eye-pleaser.

But then again, when have Pagani been about beauty...

Thread Information