Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hennessey and His Venom Want To Run A Veyron

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Theres a difference between a street and a prepped track in grip and such. Also theres no way that it will be able to hook it will just be all over the track. Who cares about the launch what about after the turbos hit full boost down the track? The viper will be on slicks no doubt and will not loose traction one bit it would just grab and go were as the veryon will be spinning like no other.
    Eh, don't forget Hennessey claims the Boost can be turned up for more power.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Eh, don't forget Hennessey claims the Boost can be turned up for more power.
    I know theres viper putting 1300 down to the ground but it would walk all over a veryon. Id imagine theyd make both cars have about the same horse on a dyno then race them. I want them to make a pinks episode out of this lol. Lets add more spice and add another car to the lineup like the S7 but boost the turbos to about 12lbs. But for more boost theyd but more tire on the car only causing it to get more traction. My bet is the viper walks the veryon and lifts the tires off the ground when it launches.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Hmmmm lets see, lets just compare shall we. We have here a Pushrod v10, against a 4 turbo 4 bank 16 cylinder engine. All we have is some good all fashion garrets some other mods on this viper and youre telling me we cant compare? Why not? seems pretty fair to anti up these cars given the prices, the hp, the engines, the weight, hell lets have a fiesta.

B/c its like the whole tuned civic vs higher class cars debate. One of those threads pop up and look at the responses, its still a civic. Well the Viper is still a dodge the bugatti is worth an incredible amount more, and for good reason. And if all you did was strip the interior and lightend the bugatti making it a modded vs barely modded race who would win? most likely the bugatti. So it is sort of pointless to compare.
    You can call me scott.

if the viper was outfitted with a solid rear axle (which i wouldnt be suprised if it was) and an automatic transmission and some sticky tires it should be able to walk the veyron on the 1/4 mile. if the viper is set up correctly with that 1000 horsepower wheel spin is not going to be the problem, doing a giant wheel stance (a wheelie) is going to be the main concern. it only takes around 600 horsepower to get a properly set up fox body mustang into the low 9's high 8's which would take both of them in the 1/4 btw heh heh
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    B/c its like the whole tuned civic vs higher class cars debate. One of those threads pop up and look at the responses, its still a civic. Well the Viper is still a dodge the bugatti is worth an incredible amount more, and for good reason. And if all you did was strip the interior and lightend the bugatti making it a modded vs barely modded race who would win? most likely the bugatti. So it is sort of pointless to compare.
    The Bugatti is still a Volkswagen...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The Bugatti is still a Volkswagen...
    ha, i thought someone would say that. I guess lamborghini is also just a volkswagen and ferrari is just a fiat.
    You can call me scott.

ha, i thought someone would say that. I guess lamborghini is also just a volkswagen and ferrari is just a fiat.
    Nope there's a fundamental difference. Those cars have everything bespoke, except perhaps for some switches but that's irrelevant. But the Bugatti is just a big Volkswagen with a couple of Volkswagen engines bolted together... altough I suppose that the Volkswagen wouldn't have had quite the same impact as gracing the car with one of the badges in the bussiness...
    Visca Catalunya!

Trust me Ive seen cars do 4wd burnouts and break they cant heat the tires right look ath the AMS evo. Plus you said a jeep with small tires on it that are easy to smoke were talking about a veryon with hugh tires on it. Why doesnt warmining the tires up on the viper mean it wont spin are you kidding me? The viper with a decent launch will just hoook and shoot with a good driver and it might even have a auto trans with a trans brake causing it to have a perfect launch every time.
    Did it sound like I was kidding? Cars that have slicks and warm their tires can still spin the tires, it's not rocket science. Also the debate was with the Viper on street tires and normal manual transmission, so stop saying: "Well if the Viper had this and this and this it would win." It is a race between a stock Veyron and a normal from Hennessey Venom.

No, Lamborghini is more influenced from Audi than VW. Even then, Lamborghini doesn't sorely come from Audi or VW. Most of the designs are drawn up from Bertone people, and the engines are practically all their own with small Audi features.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Did it sound like I was kidding? Cars that have slicks and warm their tires can still spin the tires, it's not rocket science. Also the debate was with the Viper on street tires and normal manual transmission, so stop saying: "Well if the Viper had this and this and this it would win." It is a race between a stock Veyron and a normal from Hennessey Venom.
    Street tires are radials and they have been cars that put down high 7 second passes on "Street tires" and they will still lift the tires off the ground. But with a good driver the car will not spin the tires but lift them, I know its possable but with a driver probably making atleast 20 1/4 passes on the car he will know the car inside and out. The trans will be built a T-56 cant handel 1000k horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Nope there's a fundamental difference. Those cars have everything bespoke, except perhaps for some switches but that's irrelevant. But the Bugatti is just a big Volkswagen with a couple of Volkswagen engines bolted together... altough I suppose that the Volkswagen wouldn't have had quite the same impact as gracing the car with one of the badges in the bussiness...

This is true, but w/ the bugatti the sum is far greater than the parts. And i think you'd agree that the parts together have formed something completely different than just a volkswagen. And far from a "just a big Volkswagen with a couple of Volkswagen engines bolted together", and i dont think anyone could say its just a big volkswagen w/o ever driven one.

just compare the interior for 1 example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottie300z; 06-30-2006 at 12:04 PM.
    You can call me scott.

This is true, but w/ the bugatti the sum is far greater than the parts. And i think you'd agree that the parts together have formed something completely different than just a volkswagen. And far from a "just a big Volkswagen with a couple of Volkswagen engines bolted together", and i dont think anyone could say its just a big volkswagen w/o ever driven one.

just compare the interior for 1 example.
    As I've said in another thread, I do respect it for the technical achievement it supposes, but the fact of the matter is, it leaves me completely cold.
    Visca Catalunya!

Street tires are radials and they have been cars that put down high 7 second passes on "Street tires" and they will still lift the tires off the ground. But with a good driver the car will not spin the tires but lift them, I know its possable but with a driver probably making atleast 20 1/4 passes on the car he will know the car inside and out. The trans will be built a T-56 cant handel 1000k horse.
    This post makes no sense to me what-so-ever. I said that you need to stop saying that if the Hennessey had slicks and an automatic transmission and a transmission brake that it would win, because it doesn't come with those things from the Hennessey shop. Also Hennessey never said that his car would be equipped with those things if he were to race the Veyron, therefore that arguement is not relevent. I know what street tires are, and I know that slicks are not street legal and are not the standard tires for a Hennessey Venom. It has Michelin Pilot Sport Cups up front and Michelin Pilot Sport 2s at the rear. Also the T-56 (unless they made a six speed tranny for the car) must be able to handle that because the Hennessey Venom that did the Standing Mile in Road & Track had a six speed manual, NOT an automatic.

A T-56 without being built will not handel 1000hp proven by many viper owners theres one on SVTP who just blew his on a RSI TT viper. Im sure the T-56 was built by GForce or another trans company. You said that the car would be on street tires so I said it would be on radials because those are street tires and they would get more traction. You are stating what it had in a magazin top speed test run Im stating what it will have on a drag track.

I can't believe you guys were actually arguing over "how much of a Volkswagen" the Veyron is...

Thread Information