Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 VW Jetta VR6

I had a 2000 GTI and it was great. I drove to and from Cali to Wisconsin about six times. VR6 engines are awesome and some of the best sounding motors in the world. There is a lot of potential there. You can make some crazy power with that motor and the torque is great. I think you would enjoy the car. It is a good size to move stuff and it is good economy.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I sometimes like to think that the US gets our leftovers or something like that. VW's are very reliable cars, one of the more reliable. I hate them, but they are realiable . And damn a 79 Mercedes 300SD is about reliable as it gets. They run a million km without problems normally.
    The engine was never the problem in that Mercedes, it had I think around 300.000 miles and still ran like it was brand spankin new, while getting 20mpg average. But It was always something with the starter, air conditioning, power windows, heater, or the like though. Don't get me wrong, I loved that car, I still hold a little grudge to this day about my dad getting rid of it after he promised it to me. It just wasn't the most reliable car in the world.

As to the leftovers thing, I honestly think that the problem in US VW's is the fact that the cars themselves are actually manufactured in Mexico. I don't know that this is necessarily true, but I would venture to guess the quality control isn't as stringent there as in the European factories.
    Last edited by jcp123; 11-28-2004 at 10:52 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

I have a 1999 Passat 1.8 and it Great… going on to 190,000, never had a problem, the car runs like a dream, I would defiantly recommended it…. It so far the most reliable car we have owned by far.
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Renault F1 :)

2000 VW vr6 Temp. Gauge issue

Hello all-

I recently purchased a 2000 VW jetta vr6. It has two main issue that disturb me and I am hoping you can give me some advice.
    1. The car jerks really hard when I am speeding up as soon as i exceed 20mph it jerks once and then I can speed up smoothly after that.

2. My temperature gauge next to my fuel gauge is constantly on the cold side. It never moves to the middle onto 190 degrees. What does this mean???

I would appreciate any and all feedback and advice. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    Hello all-

I recently purchased a 2000 VW jetta vr6. It has two main issue that disturb me and I am hoping you can give me some advice.
    1. The car jerks really hard when I am speeding up as soon as i exceed 20mph it jerks once and then I can speed up smoothly after that.

2. My temperature gauge next to my fuel gauge is constantly on the cold side. It never moves to the middle onto 190 degrees. What does this mean???

I would appreciate any and all feedback and advice. Thank you.
    Is your car Manual or Automatic? As for the temperature guage, it's probably just faulty and you'd have to replace it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

My car is an automatic VR6.

Thread Information