Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed Tv Sux

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    So... are you going to keep the engine and junk the rest or race it as-is?
    Can't say until the show airs. Btw,we can build better motors at the shop .
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Good Lord, you guys are great. This thread pretty much sums up how I feel about Speed too. Although I do like to watch the MX races, as well as the ALMS, Grand Am, BTCC, DTM, Le Mans etc. Wasn't there a petition on here somewhere from a gentleman who wanted to start a rival channel? Any word on what's going on there?
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Five years ago, I was a very different soul than I am now. As an unprepared youth, I hit the "Channel Up" button on my remote one night to find a blue car with a funny large tray of some sort on the trunk, traveling at speeds I had never even visually seen... on the edge of a cliff, in snow, and dirt. I was truly mesmerized by these feats and am still to this day. Never was I the same.

As a budding auto enthusiast, (about five years ago) I remember my lust for my own EG Civic and desire to install StreetGlow lights onto the undercarriage, as I listened in envy to the cacophony of fart can exhausts (which watching your shows nowadays would fuel that particular adolescent fire). Since then, I have matured to a young adult who finds pure bliss in the symphony of the firing up of a LM race winner or the ungodly tune simply known as a Ferrari V10 and would someday love to own a purebred race automobile (perhaps an automobile who's natural color is Ferrari Red or Bruce McLaren Orange, if you catch my drift ).

SpeedTv, you have helped me grow into a more fluid, more natural, more than just aesthetics appreciation for automobiles. Before the "fallout" I became so intrigued with performance through this channel, slowly growing up and away from my ricer roots.

I would like to thank SpeedTv for opening this door to a world unbeknownst to me. But I am appalled by the fact that the channel has successfully and completely de-evolutionized. I have grown up, but honestly SpeedTv, you have traveled in the opposite direction. Where I came from, my roots (as a automobile enthusiast) can be considered juvenile. However, you SpeedTv, were (WERE) a channel that truly lived up to its namesake. I do not see much display of SPEED on the channel nowadays.

Please return to your roots SpeedTv.

-Q

(maybe I should e-mail this to them!)
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix21 View Post
    Five years ago, I was a very different soul than I am now. As an unprepared youth, I hit the "Channel Up" button on my remote one night to find a blue car with a funny large tray of some sort on the trunk, traveling at speeds I had never even visually seen... on the edge of a cliff, in snow, and dirt. I was truly mesmerized by these feats and am still to this day. Never was I the same.

As a budding auto enthusiast, (about five years ago) I remember my lust for my own EG Civic and desire to install StreetGlow lights onto the undercarriage, as I listened in envy to the cacophony of fart can exhausts (which watching your shows nowadays would fuel that particular adolescent fire). Since then, I have matured to a young adult who finds pure bliss in the symphony of the firing up of a LM race winner or the ungodly tune simply known as a Ferrari V10 and would someday love to own a purebred race automobile (perhaps an automobile who's natural color is Ferrari Red or Bruce McLaren Orange, if you catch my drift ).

SpeedTv, you have helped me grow into a more fluid, more natural, more than just aesthetics appreciation for automobiles. Before the "fallout" I became so intrigued with performance through this channel, slowly growing up and away from my ricer roots.

I would like to thank SpeedTv for opening this door to a world unbeknownst to me. But I am appalled by the fact that the channel has successfully and completely de-evolutionized. I have grown up, but honestly SpeedTv, you have traveled in the opposite direction. Where I came from, my roots (as a automobile enthusiast) can be considered juvenile. However, you SpeedTv, were (WERE) a channel that truly lived up to its namesake. I do not see much display of SPEED on the channel nowadays.

Please return to your roots SpeedTv.

-Q

(maybe I should e-mail this to them!)
    +1, well said. Welcome to UCP btw.

Land Quail, I completely agree with you. But maybe your argument would be a bit more effective if you emailed it to the important people at Fox.

Thread Information