Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Porsche Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    actually myself and a few other porsches used diesel today, just not in the way you'd prefer, henk
    it is a multipurpose commodity.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ha! that is true.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    If it weren't for superior numbers and an unlucky crash...
    . . . Ferrari would still have won because from everything I read Ferrari is dominating the GT2 Class and has been for over a year. Of the two major sports car companies, Ferrari still seems to believe "racing improves the breed," while Porsche's philosophy seems to now be, "who cares about racing, let's buy VW!"
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    . . . Ferrari would still have won because from everything I read Ferrari is dominating the GT2 Class and has been for over a year. Of the two major sports car companies, Ferrari still seems to believe "racing improves the breed," while Porsche's philosophy seems to now be, "who cares about racing, let's buy VW!"
    Porsche was running one-two when the two cars decided to collide and jointly hit the wall. The Porsches also qualified one-two-four, which is quite impressive considering there were three of them against seven Ferraris.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it now seems very likely that the R8 Diesel (not with a V12 but with a V8) will become available for the economists....
    I doubt many buy a sportscar for the economy.

In my opinion a diesel shouldn't be in a sportscar.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Well they did finish one-two in LMP2, didn't they? Which is more than what Ferrari can say...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

comparing the R10 and the 908 to other lmp1 cars is apples and oranges. The fia laid down different rules for the diesel cars than the gas, or petrol if you wish, cars. That said i love the pug. Also, about v-'s in a 911, i heard that back in the 70's a couple guys took the 302 v8 from a boss mustang and put it in the 911's arse, it was more powerful and,surprisingly lighter than the boxer. or were you talking about diesel v's.....?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

What about this: a diesel-hybrid 911 with 20 inch rims, just to make it fashionable? And an 8, no 9 speed gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kultag View Post
    What about this: a diesel-hybrid 911 with 20 inch rims, just to make it fashionable? And an 8, no 9 speed gearbox.
    Triple clutch?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Triple clutch?
    Needs at least seven. Aww hell, give it one for each gear. And one more for good luck.

'ere ya go. Porsche Diesel.

Porsche Diesel

There actually was a chap who caused quite a stir among Porsche enthusiasts by bolting a Porsche Diesel badge onto his freshly restoed 356 speedster.

my friend told me about a guy in mexico who bought a ferrari back in the 90's and painted it pink, the dealership saw it and took it back, apparently pink ferraris are persona non grata
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Thread Information