View Poll Results: BMW's new deisgn direction?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

27 48.21%
  • Bad

23 41.07%
  • Undecided/No opinion

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMWs new design direction, good or bad?

BMWs new design direction, good or bad?

I personally think it is great not only because it is shaking off BMW's stereotype for conservative design, but his designs really appeal to me. I never liked the new 7 series, 5 series and Z4 at first but after a while they grew on me and I really like them now.
    Until you prove otherwise, I shall assume you are an idiot.

BMW's New Design Direction

I would expect that any design would have mixed reviews. The problem with the BMW Bangle Designs is the rear of the car. They all appear to be an after thought and do not have any flow in lines from the front of the vehicle. They give a tacked on appearance as if one person were responsible for the front of the car and another for the rear. The only problem was the they were not in communication with each other. This is true with all of the designs starting with the E65 and continuing on the the latest E60.
    Wanam3

Bangle at his best, the Z9:
    Attached Images Attached Images

depends which way you look at it. if you are a long time bimmer fan the design they are having now may hurt your eyes but for the young modern cultured people they look great but for we car freaks....................it really depends what you like

the Z9 looks like a V12 Vanquish.

Bangle the best?

I prefer the old designs by far.

They should have follow that style, making newer models, with nowadays looks, but not something so radical
    Más caga un buey que cien golondrinas

Originally posted by motorhead
    depends which way you look at it. if you are a long time bimmer fan the design they are having now may hurt your eyes but for the young modern cultured people they look great but for we car freaks....................it really depends what you like
    Are you insinuating that only n00bs can like BMWs new design direction?

to be qutie honest i've always hated thre Taxi-Butt rear end of the Bangle-Big-Cars (7/5/6/9 series) and i hope he has some form of amputation done to his drawing hand to make sure such disgusting pieces of crud are no longer rolling out the door at Munich. i do appreciate he did design every BMW from 1992 onwards or whenever, but really, he was being told what to design for those certain models, maybe the Z3/Z8 showed sign of creative life at BMW at those times, but now all elegance and simplicity is lost. It's trying too hard to be something it ain't. Desirable.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    to be qutie honest i've always hated thre Taxi-Butt rear end of the Bangle-Big-Cars (7/5/6/9 series) and i hope he has some form of amputation done to his drawing hand to make sure such disgusting pieces of crud are no longer rolling out the door at Munich. i do appreciate he did design every BMW from 1992 onwards or whenever, but really, he was being told what to design for those certain models, maybe the Z3/Z8 showed sign of creative life at BMW at those times, but now all elegance and simplicity is lost. It's trying too hard to be something it ain't. Desirable.
    There have been no pictures of the 9 or 6 series that are real or without camoflauge.

So the Picture of the 9 series posted in this thread is just a photoshop then.........

Question

could be the real design or could be photoshopped but i doubt the second on because it came out in the front cover of a german mag - CONFUSION

There are a lot of car companies that simply cannot afford sophisticated design. Whether it is because they only sell small numbers of cars (and have smaller budgets), or they sell very large numbers that must be acceptable to the masses, or they sell cheap cars, etc etc. there are many companies that have little opportunity to really do something a bit different.

BMW can. People pay a lot of money for their cars, they may as well get sophisticated technology and design. BMW can afford expensive metals, alloys etc and expensive machinery to create sophisticated shapes (look at the curves on the Z4 - no one is doing that!). If they can they should. Admittedly Bangle's designs seem difficult to interpret. But at least BMW is trying new things.

Bangle has maintained the brand's DNA through the stance of the vehicles and the kidney grille of course. He's also introduced some new DNA while providing greater differentiation. In any case, the job's not over. I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes out.

Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    So the Picture of the 9 series posted in this thread is just a photoshop then.........
    In this thread? Who posted a picture of a 9 series in this thread? If you mean the one that a mag had on its cover, thats fake as hell.

Kossy, i believe the one you posted is the one i was referring to, nice to see you remember what posts you stick up....

7 series (dis)pleasure

I had the (dis)pleasure of driving the new 7 series about 7 months ago, and not only found it A little bit of an ugly duckling, but also an absolut pain in the @rse to drive having a crazy gear selection system on a steering Stalk made the drive confusing, irritating and untrustworthy.

The interior was also quite disappointing (although the seats were Lush). Many of the buttons in the car were big black(ish) plastic buttons for doing meanial things. Several times I had to check the Steering wheel logo to make sure I was in a beemer and not a Nissan!

Also for a 4.0 litre the performance was a little lack luster. When over taking a truck, with more than enough space (I thought) the beemer didn't quite make it and a road cone in the middle of the road met it's demise!

Any way. go for the New Jag XJR brilliant car. But don't get me started on that!

Thread Information