Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triple Eight Racing to be "TeamVodafone" in 2007

Triple Eight Racing to be "TeamVodafone" in 2007

TeamVodafone Hits the Track in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by www.v8supercars.com.au
    Commencing from January 2007, the Triple Eight Race Engineering prepared V8 Supercar Team will be known as TeamVodafone, under a three-year naming rights partnership deal with Vodafone Australia announced today.

John Casey, CMO Vodafone Australia recognises Triple Eight Race Engineering as the organisation that prides itself on being competitive, innovative and at the forefront of technology excellence – making it a great fit for Vodafone.

“Motor sport fans are driven by passion and Vodafone will take them closer to the action by bringing our partnership to life in new and ex citing formats,” said John.

Intimate and exclusive insights into TeamVodafone will be available next year for fans to download on Vodafone live! with 3G, including interviews from the drivers, garage cam and race previews.

“V8 Supercar racing is an iconic Australian sport and Vodafone is committed to giving our customers and staff across the country the opportunity to get up close and personal with TeamVodafone,” he said.

Throughout the racing season, Vodafone customers and staff will get the chance to be in the driver’s seat with TeamVodafone through hot laps, driver experience days, garage/ pit tours, wheel changing competitions and autograph sessions with the Team’s popular drivers Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup.

“Vodafone is entering into an exciting era in motor sport and is taking on a new global relationship with the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team also commencing in the new year,” said John.

Triple Eight Race Engineering Team Principal, Roland Dane, said the signing of Vodafone was a major coup for the Team and for the Australian motorsport as a whole.

“We are very proud to be associated with one of the world’s most prominent brands and are extremely excited to join with them on the V8 Championship circuit in 2007. We are also pleased to announce that Sony Ericsson will join TeamVodafone in 2007 as the Team’s Official Handset Partner. The pairing of Vodafone and Sony Ericsson will offer the team and its supporters access to content and technology never associated with this team.

“Vodafone’s three year commitment to Triple Eight Race Engineering indicates that they are serious about establishing a sustaining presence in V8 Supercars, and we hope to reward this by continuing to run at the front of the field.

“TeamVodafone with drivers Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup will be the cars to watch in 2007, with an exciting new look that will be unveiled early in the new year,” said Roland.

Three times V8 Supercar Champion and this year’s joint Bathurst winner, Craig Lowndes is excited about the new look team.

“To know you have the backing and support of global brands like Vodafone and Sony Ericsson is a huge compliment and we are really looking forward to delivering a Championship result in 2007,” said Lowndes.

“And the opportunities associated with 3G mobiles will allow both Jamie and myself the opportunity to broadcast race previews and post race reports via Vodafone live! with 3G.

“It’s a completely new era for Australian V8 Supercars and I can’t wait to get it all started.”
    I'm looking forward to the new look!

Vodafone and Sony Ericsson are pretty high profile sponsors.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Yeah that came out bout 3 weeks ago. Betta electrical are in recievorship at the moment. Not sure about red Falcons and red Commodores tho, especially with the VE next year... So much like a BF...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Yes it was a few pages back in the V8 news. It's actually dated the 25th, which is 5 days ago. It's been long known they were changing sponsor but this is the most recent news I've heard. 3 weeks ago doesn't sound right, as they were talking about it at Indy. Betta should have renewed the contract.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 10-29-2006 at 09:49 AM.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Betta should have renewed the contract.
    They're in recievership.

Daz27 - I think you may've read that on Carpoint, yes?

Well this way, hopefully they'll get more $$$$ which is always good for development.

Hopefully the cars won't be completely red........leading Ford team painted red just doesnt seem right to me.....
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Been speculated on for ages, Betta's financial woes only making it more solid. Alot of people thought they might turn up to Indy without any signage, Steve Ellery style.
    I am the Stig

Nopers, not at Indy... You guys finally have missed somethen haha. It was actually being spoken about at Bathurst... Read Motorsport News guys... They were discussing keeping Betta as the title sponsor at Indy.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns
    They're in recievership.

Daz27 - I think you may've read that on Carpoint, yes?

Well this way, hopefully they'll get more $$$$ which is always good for development.

Hopefully the cars won't be completely red........leading Ford team painted red just doesnt seem right to me.....

888 will be developing the Orion supercar.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Nopers, not at Indy... You guys finally have missed somethen haha. It was actually being spoken about at Bathurst... Read Motorsport News guys... They were discussing keeping Betta as the title sponsor at Indy.
    Which were they discussing at Bathurst...TeamVodafone (which I doubt, but anyway..) or just 888's sponsor situation?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Voda was signed before Bathurst. Was leaked to the press the Monday after Bathurst.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    888 will be developing the Orion supercar.
    Are you sure? All ive heard is Walkinshaw will be using a 888 car to do some comparisons for the VE during its final bits of homologation.
    I am the Stig

Hey, does someone else here smell a rat? Why the hell is Walkinshaw doing the homologation work??? Conflict of interest??? **** me....
    And, using a 888 car???
    Thats got my goat hey, if thats true FPV, I want to know why its Tom doing the blueprint work, with an opposition car, instaed of V8SCA??
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

^^ That's what I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Are you sure? All ive heard is Walkinshaw will be using a 888 car to do some comparisons for the VE during its final bits of homologation.
    I definately read that 888 got the job over SBR. They will commence development at the beginning of next year.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Hey, does someone else here smell a rat? Why the hell is Walkinshaw doing the homologation work??? Conflict of interest??? **** me....
    And, using a 888 car???
    Thats got my goat hey, if thats true FPV, I want to know why its Tom doing the blueprint work, with an opposition car, instaed of V8SCA??
    Well, let's see. His guy's are the ones who designed/built it (not him personally but you know what I mean,) there's not a chance he's let some random non-racer from AVESCO drive and generally have fun reigh to pour over, poke and fiddle over something that would cost $500,000 to repalce and cost millions to develop. And besides, what's he doing anyway? Testing it and modifying it to fit the Blueprint regs.

Plus Walkinshaw has also designed, built and run bigger, more technologically advanced racers than a V8SC
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

It'd be because hes the proud owner of Holden Motorsport, which has been integrated into TWG. The 888 car would be there to compare parity between the cars, although why theyve chosen the 888 car rather than an FPR, SBR, DJR car etc, i dont know, but perhaps they want to grab an advantage by making sure the basics of VE has parity with the best of the Fords, leaving room for improvement on Holdens side.

You could spin it into a fishy story quite easily. Im sure alot of people would rather HMS back in Holdens hands, HRT back in Skaifes hands, HSVDT back in John Kelly's hands and Walkinshaw back in Scotland. Its a joke hes back in business after TWR went bust, but its a regular occurance in corporate life apparently.

As for 888 doing Ford's Homologation, i doubt Ford will even have a full body Orion produced by then. TWG only started this year with a car thats already been released. Next year is way too early unless Ford wants Orion racing before its available for sale. That still needs to be aligned with what phase of development the car is in. Unless Project Blueprint gets tweaked, Orion will probably have to be chopped to comply as well so theres no real marketing value in it as the race car wont instantly be recognisable as the road car.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    And besides, what's he doing anyway? Testing it and modifying it to fit the Blueprint regs.
    The homologation work is fairly innocent, but as its not a logged car hes got free will to do whatever he wants. Tom being the character he is, may well have had VE ready for homologation checks ages ago, and is gathering as much data as possible before hes hampered by the 6 day a year testing limit.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information