Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2009-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post

3) last but not the least - we Europeans don't do model years.
    Not true from my side. If you have a large collection of pictures and you collect them as a hobby, it is really nice to put the model year as first in the title.
    First of all it is easy when you make large folders with pic's, example "The History of Corvette" and you see a flow of generations, instead of a pic of a C4, then a C1 etc. You could also make a folder for each generation of car which kinda solves it, but I am not bothered to do that for every generation of cars. Eample : I do not create a new folder for each Mercedes-Benz E/C/SL-Class generation (plus I am not very familiar with the 'Baureihe' as well).
    Second when you put the the year as first and you see ALL your pic's in like Windows Picture Gallery (name it), you see the history of cars in general. Starting with a 1900's Benz to a 2010 Aston Martin - just trying to stay a bit on topic Personally, I like this very much. You can also have a better look at a certain era of cars, 50's American cars, illuster names as Bugatti from the Twenties, 80's Ferrari's etc. and how your collection evolves.
    Last but not least I find it interesting from which year a car dates as a carnut in general. When I see a picture of a car which is new for me or from which I do not have any details, I am wondering from which year (or building years) it is. You can guess the year apporx. but for me it is more fun to know and learn from it. Luckily a lot of sites actually use the year, and the Internet as well as a large book with classics and their building periods can assist in this. For every pic with an 'unknown' year I try to find some info in this manner.
    Revo, I actually find your pic's most of the time including model years (which I like of course) IIRC.
    Alternatively, you could think this is a waste of precious time and just save the pic's, do not bother about model years. Fine for most of the people, but like said, it is a hobby and this is how I look at it.

that doesn't change the fact we, Europeans, don't do model years, even if some started already, Fiat unveiled the MY2008 of the Punto, without being a real restyling but rather a bunch of new options, while Americans every years update their cars releasing a new MY, even if it's actually just a new color for the exterior or a new option available.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Yes, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    Revo, I actually find your pic's most of the time including model years (which I like of course) IIRC.
    It is not the model year. It is the year of production (or the year when image was taken, whatever suits you). 2009 in this case. Not 2010, the year has not arrived yet to my part of the world.

BTW, I absolutely agree with you about having a year in a image file. Totally must for me as it puts the image in context of time and history.

Ah I see. I confused model year with year of production.

Some more AM V12 Vantage without "S" photos.

AM V12 Vantage #3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information