Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 59th Total 24 Hours of Spa (FIA GT endurance race)

59th Total 24 Hours of Spa (FIA GT endurance race)

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

JetAlliance is on provisional GT1 pole, followed by Carsport Holland and Luc Alphand Aventures.

AF Corse Motorola is on provisional GT2 pole.

At Hour 8, 5 cars are on the leading lap; the nr 5 Carsport Holland Corvette is leading followed by the nr 11 Maserati MC12 of Scuderia Playteam Sarafree, Luc Alphand Aventures Corvette in 3rd, the nr 2 Vitaphone Racing MC12 in 4th and the nr 1 MC12 in 5th.

In GT2, the nr 97 BMS Scuderia Italia Porsche 997 GT3 RSR leads, just over a minute ahead of the nr 51 AF Corse Motorola Ferrari 430 GT2, with third held by the nr 52 Edil Cris Ferrari.

As in GT2, the top three in G3 are keeping each other close company; although the nr 174 Sport Garage Ferrari 430 GT3 continues to lead, the nr 160 Prospeed Competition Porsche 997 GT3 Cup and nr 124 Muehlner Motorsport Porsche are only around a lap behind. Only in G2 and Coupe du Roi is there a lead of more than a lap; the nr 103 Gravity Racing Mosler MT900 is two laps ahead of the nr 106 Champion Racing Porsche 996 GT3 Cup, while the nr 201 JMB Racing Ferrari 430 GT3 squad leads Coupe du Roi rivals nr 215 S-berg Racing Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 by a comfortable six laps.

Nine cars out after eight hours

Nine cars have abandoned after eight hours. The nr 22 Aston Martin BMS Scuderia Italia was the first to stop, with electrical problems. Then the nr 117 Pilotage Passion Porsche 997 GT3 Cup stopped out on the track having run out of fuel. The nr 60 Prospeed Competition Porsche 997 GT3 RSR had engine trouble and withdrew. AF Corse nr 50 Ferrari 430 GT2 finished its race when Dirk Müller went off and damaged the radiator, which caused terminal engine damage. Nr 101 Belgian Racing Gillet Vertigo and nr 107 AB Motorsport Porsche also had to end their races, with mechanical problems for car 107, and for security reason for car nr 101 after Sarah Bovy had an accident. Nr 7 All-Inkl.com Lamborghini retired with a broken driveshaft. Nr 62 Scuderai Ecosse Ferrari 430 GT2 crashed, the car was destroyed. Then the nr 33 Jetalliance Aston Martin DBR9 spun and the car was stopped on the track.

Are you watching this race or are you getting this information from a website?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Are you watching this race or are you getting this information from a website?
    Info from the FIA GT website. I did write the first part.

If I was watching it I wouldn't be posting right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Info from the FIA GT website. I did write the first part.

If I was watching it I wouldn't be posting right now
    Ah, I was just wondering if the off chance of you getting it on tv in north america was the case or not.

It appears not. I doubt it is shown anywhere on NA tv.

Aaaahhh! Rain started falling and the nr 1 Vitaphone Racing MC12 took the lead

Victory for Carsport Holland

The Carsport Holland Corvette C6-R of Jean-Denis Delétraz, Mike Hezemans, Marcel Fässler and Fabrizio Gollin today took victory in the Total 24 Hours of Spa. Up until the final hour, it looked as if the nr 1 Vitaphone Racing Maserati MC12 would get the hat trick, but a late off for Eric van de Poele at Stavelot cost the nr 1 a lap, and handed the lead back to Carsport Holland, a lead which they held until the checkered flag. The nr 1 Vitaphone MC12 ended up in second, with the nr 4 "United 4 Belgium" PK Carsport Corvette C5R o fAnthony Kumpen, Bert Longin, Frédéric Bouvy and Kurt Mollekens taking the final spot on the podium.

In GT2, the usual Ferrari whitewash was finally halted, with this time Porsche taking a 1-2-3, lead by the BMS Scuderia Italia 997 of Emmanuel Collard, Matteo Malucelli and Marc Lieb, followed by FIA GT debutante IMSA Performance MATMUT, and Tech9 rounded out the top 3.

In the G3 category victory was taken by Mühlner Motorsport with their Porsche, with the #105 Mosler triumphing in G2. JMB Racing claimed the innovative Coupe du Roi with their Ferrari 430 GT3.

Yes, I did write that

What is the Coupe du Roi and why is it innovative?

race winners http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1347

pictures The-Paddock.net - Race Gallery 1

How much ballast did the GT2 Ferrari teams have?
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What is the Coupe du Roi and why is it innovative?
    A relay race. Each team in the Coupe du Roi, S-Berg Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 and JMB Racing Ferrari F430 GT3 had 3 cars. Each car would run 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    How much ballast did the GT2 Ferrari teams have?
    Don't think there was ballast specific for Spa ... anyone confirm ?

The dry weight of the Scuderia Ecosse Ferraris is 1100Kg
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Don't think there was ballast specific for Spa ... anyone confirm ?

The dry weight of the Scuderia Ecosse Ferraris is 1100Kg
    No ballast. All ballast accumulated before Spa was removed.

Just out of curiosity I took a look at Pratt and Miller's (the builder of Corvette C6Rs) website and there is nothing regarding Carsport Holland's 24 hours of Spa win. Actually there is no news or anything about successes of privateer Corvette teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Just out of curiosity I took a look at Pratt and Miller's (the builder of Corvette C6Rs) website and there is nothing regarding Carsport Holland's 24 hours of Spa win. Actually there is no news or anything about successes of privateer Corvette teams...
    Pratt and Miller is responsible for running the factory Corvette teams, so yeah... that explains part of it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information