Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Photography Competition #123

General Photography Competition #123

Congratulations to aiasib for winning competition number 122!

Quote Originally Posted by Rules

• The deadline is Saturday 11:59PM
    • The photograph can contain any non-automotive image (other than adulterous material)
    • The proposed picture must be your own and not found on the net.
    • The photograph must be attached using the UCP system. Any picture not attached using the UCP system will not be in the voting thread.
    • Your image may be up to 800 pixels wide.
    • Photograph may contain post-processing editing
    • It is preferred that you state enhancements made, but not necessary.
    • The photograph must be taken no earlier than three months before start date
    • Each photographer cannot vote for himself, they must vote for the others.
    • Any users who enter and vote for themselves automatically receive a 2 week penalty from the competition and all votes previously given to his/her photo are removed.
    • The entry must contain the following information in the same order :

User name
    Subject matter/photo title
    Date taken
    Camera Type | additional information you feel important

Quote Originally Posted by Standings 2008

carinho40: 1 / basman007: 1 / Dary: 1 / aiasib: 1
    So once competition #122 has a winner crowned, I'll do the first of the monthly 'best shot' vote. This way we can keep better track of the favoured shots broken down, to make a year end 'best shot' competition much more doable (as opposed to going back through a year's worth of competitions).
    Last edited by zeppelin; 01-31-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

faksta
    Just drove by...
    January, 27
    Fuji FinePix 2800 Zoom
    Contrast and layers adjusted

Decided to try I guess it shouldn't be considered an automotive photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zeppelin
    Dundas Square
    January 18 2008
    Canon EOS 350D

i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Zeppelin
    Dundas Square
    January 18 2008
    Canon EOS 350D

That's a great part of town.

I used to go to university at Ryerson - colloquially/derogatorily known as Rye High due to Ryerson's perceived low standards, background as a college, and presence of lockers in certian parts of the school. That's besides the point.

Ryerson is just northeast of Yonge-Dundas and I used to walk through Yonge-Dundas square every school day. It is always a really busy place and there are some great street artists right outside the Eaton Centre sometimes.

I mentioned a few months ago that I was fortunate enough to see and hear the two 599 GTB's partaking in the Panamericana 20,000 - I think that's what it's called - heading east on Dundas at Yonge.

Anywas, for the uniitiated, Yonge-Dundas square is essentially Toronto's much smaller scale take on Times Square. There is an abundance of view screens and ads and the like, it's pretty cool to see.

Good capture there Zeppelin, I like the lighting of the photo for some reason. Do you have any shots of the movie theatre that was being built there? I don't think I have been down there in over a year if memory serves and want to see how they are progressing on it.

My first time taking pics in the dark. It was pretty hard, because the light tripod (I used my brothers film tripod) and the wind didn't go very well together.

basman007
    Waiting...
    The Netherlands
    08/01
    Canon EOS 350D

Last edited by basman007; 10-19-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Aiasib
    Camilo Quartet
    Canon Powershot S5 iS / n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That's a great part of town.

I used to go to university at Ryerson - colloquially/derogatorily known as Rye High due to Ryerson's perceived low standards, background as a college, and presence of lockers in certian parts of the school. That's besides the point.

Ryerson is just northeast of Yonge-Dundas and I used to walk through Yonge-Dundas square every school day. It is always a really busy place and there are some great street artists right outside the Eaton Centre sometimes.

I mentioned a few months ago that I was fortunate enough to see and hear the two 599 GTB's partaking in the Panamericana 20,000 - I think that's what it's called - heading east on Dundas at Yonge.

Anywas, for the uniitiated, Yonge-Dundas square is essentially Toronto's much smaller scale take on Times Square. There is an abundance of view screens and ads and the like, it's pretty cool to see.

Good capture there Zeppelin, I like the lighting of the photo for some reason. Do you have any shots of the movie theatre that was being built there? I don't think I have been down there in over a year if memory serves and want to see how they are progressing on it.
    Thanks a lot. Yeah I love this spot. The new building is progressing nicely, the Future Shop is open, the AMC theatre should be open in a month or two, and there's also a whole mall complex going in. The shot below isn't mine, I don't have one with the latest sign on it, but below is what it looks like now. I'm going back soon so I'll take some nicer pictures, luckily it's only a 20 minute walk from my house.

Thanks a lot. Yeah I love this spot. The new building is progressing nicely, the Future Shop is open, the AMC theatre should be open in a month or two, and there's also a whole mall complex going in. The shot below isn't mine, I don't have one with the latest sign on it, but below is what it looks like now. I'm going back soon so I'll take some nicer pictures, luckily it's only a 20 minute walk from my house.
    When I first saw that pic of the new building I must admit that I was absolutely shocked. It has completely changed the feel of that whole intersection and is a lot more filled with ads than I thought it'd be.

When I first saw that pic of the new building I must admit that I was absolutely shocked. It has completely changed the feel of that whole intersection and is a lot more filled with ads than I thought it'd be.
    Yeah it's absolutely monstrous, but in a good way. The building itself is ugly, but it adds so much life and a new theatre(!) Once all the ads and decorations are up, and once CityTV moves into Dundas Square, this place will be absolutely hoppin' so to speak.

oneblack
    música cubana
    november 2007
    canon eos 350d

zOMG! *pops open champagne bottle and pours all over face and keyboard*

Fuji Z100
    No Mods
    Taken today (1/31/2008)
    Known originally as lithuanianmafia

Yeah it's absolutely monstrous, but in a good way. The building itself is ugly, but it adds so much life and a new theatre(!) Once all the ads and decorations are up, and once CityTV moves into Dundas Square, this place will be absolutely hoppin' so to speak.
    I forgot CityTV was moving down there. Where are they gonna move into?

Ecnelis
    White Tree
    HP M517 | Saturation change + Sharpen

I forgot CityTV was moving down there. Where are they gonna move into?
    They're moving into the old Olympic Spirit Building, sometime next year I believe.

Thread Information