Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Peter Brock dies.

... or Earnheardt
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    ... or Earnheardt
    Brock could do much more than drive in circles...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I cant believe it. Brock is my childhood hero and now hes gone i never met him, i dont know what to say....

R.I.P Peter Brock
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Peter PaP
    I cant believe it. Brock is my childhood hero and now hes gone i never met him, i dont know what to say....

R.I.P Peter Brock
    Same here
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Quote Originally Posted by Peter PaP

R.I.P Peter Brock
    I know how you feel.
    I had the privelage of seeing him race his last race at Mallala back in 1997, and I saw him once again last year in the yellow Elfin at the Classic Adelaide. He will be missed.
    Last edited by Revolution; 09-09-2006 at 05:58 AM.
    Prototype-X.

Bathurst is going to be something special this year. Will almost be the very first year that there hasn't been the presence of PB somewhere about the place. This year he'll be in the hearts of everyone there, Holden and Ford fans alike.
    Have read that people are laying tributes on the mountain across Skyline and down at the start finish line. B Rock FM in Bathurst have started a memorial fund and are aiming for $20000 for a fitting tribute to the man and legend.
    They are trying to organise a walk around the mountain but there may possibly be some legal constraints in closing the road for the time it'll take as there is a mandated limit to the number of events that can be held there in a year. That law wont stop anyone I dont think.
    Brockies memory is above that.
    I remember the first time I met him, it was in Darwin at the wharf during the Mobil 1 around australia trial, he signed an autograph and did a foto with my 12yo brother and thats stuck with us forever since. He'd just pulled up, was reeking in sweat and dust, and honestly he was bigger than life. Our family is pretty hard core with our motorsports, we'd race or watch electric wheelchair racing if we could, and I'd be lying if I said there wasnt any beers drunk and tears shed last night when the sad reality had sunk in.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

I dare say once the word gets out, $20K wouldnt be that hard to get. There'd be some pretty emotional fans out there that would be more than happy to chip in just so hes remembered.
    I am the Stig

I think it's a little much that people are thinking of naming Mt. Panorama after him - he knew it as Mt. Panorama and it's wouldn't be the same if they changed the name.

he was an influential man, an honest and talented racer, who died doing what he loved. we should all be so lucky
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Im with you IB4R, it has to stay as Mt Panorama, name a straight or corner after him. I personally think CAMS should name a award after him for the best rookie at Mt Panorama or something along those lines
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Perhaps rename the end of year award for Bathurst in his name. Theyve got the Barry Sheene award for something like who they get a panel to rate as the best driver over the year. They might want any award with his name though to have more meaning, so theres no risk of its image being cheapened over the years.
    I am the Stig

They've already named Skyline after him apparantly (they had the sign on 7 news covered in flowers) but a Rookie award doesn't sound like a bad idea.

anyone know the name of the Trophy they give to the winner of the Bathurst 1000?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Just the Bathurst Champions Trophy i think
    I am the Stig

Althught i don't live nowere near Australia, i have to leave my condolences, i follow from time to time Aust. racing and i'm a fan of Peter Brock, my condolences for the other motorsport enthusiasts and for his family. R.I.P.
    Another legend that noone thougt would ever go away.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

A Tribute to Peter Brock
    Time: 7:30pm - 8:30pm
    Channel: 7

Australian motorsport legend and 'Holden man' Peter Brock will be remembered with this special Seven News presentation. Hosted by Sunrise presenter and V8 Supercar driver Grant Denyer and Chris Bath, this special pays homage to Brock's illustrious racing career, including the ten Bathurst 1000 titles that propelled him to undisputed 'King of the Mountain' status. Includes interviews with Brock's close friends, colleagues and longtime competitors who knew the man his fans came to know as 'Peter Perfect'.
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

No-one will ever forget these 2 great Aussies. 11th of September will always lead our thoughts as they start to talk about it coming weeks in advance, We will then remember, Like my Nan's sister died Xmas eve and someone very very close to me died the day after my nephews B-day. Always something makes you never forget.
    My fathers birthday is 11th of September He passed on 9th of October 1980 he loved Bathurst so much, so when it comes around it's a sad week, Last year my brother and i went to Bathurst and it was race day on the 9th very emotional for us to be there on that day how we would have gave anything to be there with him. My brother has a son now and wants to make the trip when his older. We seen father and his son and his sons son. And we just didn't talk for 30min.
    PB was in the Team Brock tent thats where i got some great hats and was trying on some tops that wouldn't fit But PB had a line as long as a free beer contest ford holden it didn't matter.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information