Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Fiesta (5th gen) 2004-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    I like the word Cobalt, but I've never thought it was a good name for a car. Depending on context, cobalt can either refer to a metallic element or a shade of blue.

Of course, I kind of like the name Fiesta, so feel free to ignore me at will.
    And you like Mercurys...

I jest.

150 from a 2l is terrible. i guess that why they stuck loads of stickers and painted calipers red to sell them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I do understand there is a different car culture in Europe, but I don't count a hotted up econobox that looks like that, is FWD, and has been hotted up desirable.
    Well, it's better than some Dodge Caliber with a CVT or a Chevrolet Aveo with a four speed automatic.

And anyway if you have straight roads, have to do 55 in the motorway and speed cameras are everywhere, what's the point of having fast cars which handle well?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, it's better than some Dodge Caliber with a CVT or a Chevrolet Aveo with a four speed automatic.

And anyway if you have straight roads, have to do 55 in the motorway and speed cameras are everywhere, what's the point of having fast cars which handle well?
    Who said I wanted fast cars that handled well? I said hotted up econoboxes were not desirable to me.

Also, you can accelerate fast on the highway with a fast car, it looks good, you are proud of it, and as an enthusiast, it's just what you do! Drive nice, fun to drive cars! Hopefully ones with only two doors...

I just don't aspire to own a Caliber or SRT-4 or Aveo or diesel or anything like that. I want a Corvette, I want a Challenger, I want a 944, I want a F355 I want a Camaro, I want a 3 series coupe, I want a car that's fun to drive! You can still gun it on the highways here in certain stretches and there are some roads to take your car to cruise on, and even 1/4 strips to drag race - these are all things I would like to do when I can afford to, and frankly Ferrer, the cost of living is cheaper here and gas is approximately 1/2 what you are paying, so though it is at an all time high, enthusiasts and other nutjobs like me will still make room in their wallets for the extra gas. I also may one day track the cars I own, so I want them to be good and if not good decent!

What's wrong with you Ferrer? I thought you were on the side of good!

Is it driving the diesel or are the diesel fumes getting to your head?

Fun cars are awesome! I don't want to see your turned into Pieter!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Who said I wanted fast cars that handled well? I said hotted up econoboxes were not desirable to me.

Also, you can accelerate fast on the highway with a fast car, it looks good, you are proud of it, and as an enthusiast, it's just what you do! Drive nice, fun to drive cars! Hopefully ones with only two doors...

I just don't aspire to own a Caliber or SRT-4 or Aveo or diesel or anything like that. I want a Corvette, I want a Challenger, I want a 944, I want a F355 I want a Camaro, I want a 3 series coupe, I want a car that's fun to drive! You can still gun it on the highways here in certain stretches and there are some roads to take your car to cruise on, and even 1/4 strips to drag race - these are all things I would like to do when I can afford to, and frankly Ferrer, the cost of living is cheaper here and gas is approximately 1/2 what you are paying, so though it is at an all time high, enthusiasts and other nutjobs like me will still make room in their wallets for the extra gas. I also may one day track the cars I own, so I want them to be good and if not good decent!

What's wrong with you Ferrer? I thought you were on the side of good!

Is it driving the diesel or are the diesel fumes getting to your head?

Fun cars are awesome! I don't want to see your turned into Pieter!
    The problem is you're making a judgement based purely on ignorance.

Hot hatchbacks, or a "hotted up econoboxes" as you say, can be brilliant driving tools. Maybe this Fiesta isn't the best of them all, but there are others which in the right road can be as fun, if not more, as a Corvette or a Porsche.

The thing is outright speed isn't what matters most of all here. In the real world of speed limits, speed cameras and speed bumps what you want is a car that feels alive a car which you can enjoy through the corners. It doesn't matter if it doesn't do 200mph or 0-60 in 4 seconds. You're never going to do 200mph or 0-60 sprints anyway.

And of course, not everyone can afford a Porsche or a Corvette. And it's not only the fuel consumption, but buying it, paying the insurance, the repairs, the service, the parts...

Before dismissing some of the best drivers cars better try them. Try to get hold of a Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 and they say hot hatches are rubbish.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    Bring on the RS, it looks damn good but 300hp+FWD=Ditch everytime you pull away. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ocus-rs-5.html Gonna need one helluva trick LSD to keep that in check on the road. Apparantly that was one of the main problems with the old RS, great for the track but a nightmare on the road.
    The new one is supposed to be more volvo inside: Volvo AWD system, Volvo twin-turbo system. Its supposed to be around 300hp and be able to compete against Evo Xs and STIs.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Man, Ford can't do stripes, can they?

Not really no.. Needs to be way lower...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The problem is you're making a judgement based purely on ignorance.

Hot hatchbacks, or a "hotted up econoboxes" as you say, can be brilliant driving tools. Maybe this Fiesta isn't the best of them all, but there are others which in the right road can be as fun, if not more, as a Corvette or a Porsche.

The thing is outright speed isn't what matters most of all here. In the real world of speed limits, speed cameras and speed bumps what you want is a car that feels alive a car which you can enjoy through the corners. It doesn't matter if it doesn't do 200mph or 0-60 in 4 seconds. You're never going to do 200mph or 0-60 sprints anyway.

And of course, not everyone can afford a Porsche or a Corvette. And it's not only the fuel consumption, but buying it, paying the insurance, the repairs, the service, the parts...

Before dismissing some of the best drivers cars better try them. Try to get hold of a Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 and they say hot hatches are rubbish.
    thank you for say all those beautiful word.
    I loved the 205 GTi, it was so...GTI
    a modern example could be the last series of the Clio Sport, or even the Panda 100HP or even the Mini JCW (not a fan of this), they could be tested side by side with other more renowned sport cars, and you are not going to be sure which would be the more involving to drive.
    it's something like to say that the Caparo T1 is faster than everything else, but it is on the list of a lot of people. as for the MC12 or other...
    for example, one of the editors of EVO UK, owns a Zonda S 7.3. does something exist? no, but while he was driving the last edition of the Clio Sport, he called the Renault UK to know if there was still a car of that discontinued model to buy. and finally he bought it. then he drived the Panda 100HP for a test drive. the magazine bought it since they could find one just for the test drive, and they planned to sell it the they after. he was so happy with the car they they eventually kept the car for a whole year.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    for example, one of the editors of EVO UK, owns a Zonda S 7.3. does something exist? no, but while he was driving the last edition of the Clio Sport, he called the Renault UK to know if there was still a car of that discontinued model to buy. and finally he bought it. then he drived the Panda 100HP for a test drive. the magazine bought it since they could find one just for the test drive, and they planned to sell it the they after. he was so happy with the car they they eventually kept the car for a whole year.
    They do this with lots of cars in most magazines where they are loaned the cars from the manufacturers for a year or so, or in the case of the Panda and the Clio, buy them outright because they are so cheap. It's called a longterm test, most car mags do them.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    They do this with lots of cars in most magazines where they are loaned the cars from the manufacturers for a year or so, or in the case of the Panda and the Clio, buy them outright because they are so cheap. It's called a longterm test, most car mags do them.
    this time was different, the cars weren't from the manufacturers or they national subsidiaries. the Clio has been bought personally by the man for himself, not by the magazine, as the Zonda, for example. while the Panda, purchased by the magazine, was supposed to be sold the day after, not to be used for the longterm test, of which I was already aware, obviously.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Ford Fiesta Zetec S Red Special Edition

BRENTWOOD, Essex, 26 June, 2008 – The appeal of the exciting Ford Fiesta
    line-up continues to expand with the debut of a new sporty, feature-packed special edition – the Zetec S Red. Just 400 new Zetec S Red special editions, representing 10 per cent of all Zetec S models, will be available, priced at £13,000.

The "Red" edition follows the success of the popular radian yellow "Anniversary" and lime green "Celebration" models which sold out within weeks of their launch last year. Ford Fiesta has been in the top three best-selling vehicles in Britain every month this year with 42,895 models sold up to the end of May - almost 20 per cent of the British small car market.

With the zesty yet thrifty 1.6-litre, 100PS petrol engine, Zetec S Red features Colorado red paintwork with chequered flag roof decal. Dark privacy glass on the rear windows and panther black features: door mirrors, door handles, bodyside mouldings, roof spoiler and tailgate handle, all add to the stylish look. Also standard are Quickclear® heated front windscreen, ebony leather seats, 16in alloy wheels, air conditioning and heated electrically-operated door mirrors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Ford Fiesta Zetec S Red Special Edition #2

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Ford Fiesta Zetec S Red Special Edition #3

Ford Fiesta ST by Mountune

The Mountune Performance Fiesta ST engine upgrades are available in two power levels. These are designed specifically for installation by Ford Dealers who have the diagnostic equipment to reprogramme the Engine Control Unit with the appropriate calibration.

ST165 Stage 1

The Stage 1 (165PS) kit comprises of a new and unique stainless steel exhaust system, air intake and our own optimised engine calibration. This upgrade improves performance to 165PS at 6500rpm and to 200Nm of torque between 3500rpm and 5000rpm. Performance returns see the standard 0-60mph time drop by almost a second from 7.9secs to 7.1secs, with the 0-100mph time achieved in 21.0secs

The kits use common hardware meaning that it is possible to upgrade from Stage 1 to Stage 2 at a later date.

These upgrades do not affect your Vehicle Excise Duty (tax) banding as they are fitted after vehicle registration.

Mountune Performance have tested the upgrades on British B roads and on numerous laps of the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife.

The ST165 kit can be fitted to any model year of Fiesta ST, new or used, and have a minimum 12 months/12,000-mile warranty without affecting the vehicle warranty.

ST185 Stage 2

The Stage 2 (185ps) kit features all of the components found in the Stage 1 (165ps) kit, and also includes specially developed camshafts and stronger valve springs. In addition, the ST185 includes a revised engine calibration.

The Stage 2 kit produces 185PS at 7000rpm and a peak torque of 200Nm at 4500 to 6000rpm. Performance returns see the 0-60mph time drop from 7.9secs to 7.0secs, with the 0-100mph time achieved in 15.5secs.

These upgrades do not affect your Vehicle Excise Duty (tax) banding as they are fitted after vehicle registration.

Mountune Performance have tested the upgrades on British B roads and on numerous laps of the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife.

The ST185 kit can be fitted to any model year of Fiesta ST, new or used, and have a minimum 12 months/12,000-mile warranty without affecting the vehicle warranty.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information