Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIA fines Loeb and co for finish doughnuts

FIA fines Loeb and co for finish doughnuts

The FIA, the governing body of the World Rally Championship has apparently fined Rally Argentina winner, Sebastien Loeb and three of his colleagues for performing a doughnut for the crowd prior to driving over the finish ramp at the Cordoba stadium on Sunday.

However as the organisers of the event had asked them to do it to help entertain the 40,000 people, who had just watched the two super-specials that closed the event it does seem a bit harsh.

Loeb, Gigi Galli, Manfred Stohl and Daniel Sordo were each fined 10,000 Euros for what was viewed as 'hazardous actions'.

"That is absolutely ridiculous," said Stohl. "During the super stage, going 120, you fly by the audience so close you could shave them with your side mirror. And then they come up with such a thing!"

The OMV Peugeot driver, who finished fourth though, was unwilling to say anymore in case the FIA opted to take further action.

Galli meanwhile who was on the 'podium' for the first time admitted that he didn't know what they can and can't do. "I would like to say, only a small advice. When I was on the podium, nobody told me what I had to do," he continued. "I couldn't know what I was doing, one person said if you want, you can do doughnuts. I do that, and for me it was a pleasure..."

Just not a 'pleasure' shared by the FIA...

??? whats the world coming to Rallying the most extreme motorsport is being turned into a nacy boys race,

Be careful you dont stray from the race course.....
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    man regulations car be a load of cr*p sometimes, i mean like really we're talking about pro's doing donuts..I've seen 18-19 yr old newly liscenced drivers pulling them off just fine but for the finest it costs them 10 grand in euro's..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Bloody hell, what has the FIA turned motorsport into these days? Can't do a victory doughie? I think it must be in the rules of Champ car to do one when you win, drivers always do. Last year when Russell Ingall won the V8 Supercar Championship he did one hanging out the door sitting on the door rollbar!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

What makes this incident even more interesting is that just about everyone did a doughnut at the Super Special in the Acropolis Rally and noone was fined then. (Galli's was the best )

Guest Guest
    how the hell? if he was asked by the race organisers, then what right to the FIA have to fine him? and exactly how is a donut dangerous versus every other manouver ever done in rallying?

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    ??? whats the world coming to Rallying the most extreme motorsport is being turned into a nacy boys race,

Be careful you dont stray from the race course.....
    What they now call WRC quit being proper rallying time ago...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Car Racing is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Last year when Russell Ingall won the V8 Supercar Championship he did one hanging out the door sitting on the door rollbar!
    If they ever say you can lose a finger doing those things, he shouldnt be worried
    I am the Stig

When Ten showed that I just laughed my arse off when Crompo was going "Now he's just dialing out the brake out so he can do the big burnout" and all this other stuff, trying not to sound like a stupid dickhead, but pulling it off so well, as everyone watching would've been going "Yeah! Ha Ha! Awesome burnout!"
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Sadly the FIA are scared by lawyers.
    The FIA as the sanctioning body are the ones legally and financially liable in the event of an incident.
    So if some was hit and killed then the lawsuit would be HUGE and FIA responsible
    Seemingly you can no longer rely on the "motorsport is dangerous" signs that're always displayed. A lawyer could show that the organiser did not take all "reasonable steps" to prevent injury.

Reflecting the spread of litigious societies

Can't wait for Rossi to come to F1 and have his first stop at trackside and go to the toilet. TBH I think that is what will stop him, NOT being able to have fun to celebrate a win ruins it for the competitor.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    When Ten showed that I just laughed my arse off when Crompo was going "Now he's just dialing out the brake out so he can do the big burnout" and all this other stuff, trying not to sound like a stupid dickhead, but pulling it off so well, as everyone watching would've been going "Yeah! Ha Ha! Awesome burnout!"
    The best one was probably when he said at the best of times, ingall's only got 9 fingers on the title
    I am the Stig

Car racing is near death... not dead yet... Spas.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    Car racing is near death... not dead yet... Spas.
    Well Spa has been ditched from this year's F1 calendar, so by your logic then maybe car racing is dead!

uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Spa has its own problem....not entirely FIA's fault that happened...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information