Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z06 vs modded F430

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    Fairly certain this wont help at all but wait until around 9:28 for the exact phrase, "It's quicker than a Ferrari 430!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD08MqXOv0c
    Oh yes, because Top Gear is the god when it comes to comparing, espcially when they like to do plane vs. car comparisons as well.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    So your saying that a car that has more horsepower and less weight not to mention almost 200lb feet more of torque is gonna get out accerlated by a heavier less powered Ferrari? How cant you belive that the Z is faster?
    Maybe in a straightline, but not always on a track.

Road & Track got a Ferrari 2 seconds faster on their track.
    AutoSport got the Corvette 1 second faster at Hockenheim Short.

The cars are equal on the track meaning any and all, "Z06 will win everytime" comments are untrue.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    seriously doubt that z06 got 3.4 sec from 0-60, i guesss it is proven though, however doubt that applies to a circuit, if it is as loose as when i rode it last, it will be beaten by a mile by an rx-8 let alone a f430
    why do you still post?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it depends on the driver in a straight line and on a curvy course

watch this stock Z06 with a amazing driver, it even has stock tires

11.01 quarter mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

i can smoke F430 with my car

with race gas.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    it depends on the driver in a straight line and on a curvy course

watch this stock Z06 with a amazing driver, it even has stock tires

11.01 quarter mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

it dosn't looks like stock tires.redials can shave 0.5 secend

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    They don't do an honest 0-60 run, they have a little trick they like to use when comparing.
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    They are reliable when it comes to lap times. The cars were both raced by the same guy on the same course after warm up laps on the same dry track, its as close as we're going to come as far as an even test of lap times.
    I'm not arguing with the lap times, but some people assume that everything Jeremy Clarkson or the other Top Gear guys say is right and pure genious. I think the show is very entertaining and there is a little of good infromation there as well, but I don't blindly follow their every word. But I don't think Clarkson had any incentive to try to make the vette look better than the ferrari. He hates corvettes after all.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    So your saying that a car that has more horsepower and less weight not to mention almost 200lb feet more of torque is gonna get out accerlated by a heavier less powered Ferrari? How cant you belive that the Z is faster?
    Easy, because the 430 has an F1 gearbox with launch control, and traction control, MR engine placement for better weight balance and traction, it doesn't have moonshot gearing and is less likely to overpower it's tyres, and if it does, it won't be as bad.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Easy, because the 430 has an F1 gearbox with launch control, and traction control, MR engine placement for better weight balance and traction, it doesn't have moonshot gearing and is less likely to overpower it's tyres, and if it does, it won't be as bad.
    The speed of the gear changes really has no effect on the 0-60 time of the vette as 60 can be reached in first gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    What's that?
    Well, I have to do a lot of web searching, but I believe it was an owner of some vehicle they tested who ket out how Motor Trend does their 0-60s.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    The speed of the gear changes really has no effect on the 0-60 time of the vette as 60 can be reached in first gear.
    That just proves one of my other points, the moonshot gearing
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I'm not doubting the Z's capabilities.. it's a great car.

I'm only questioning your disregard of sources because you don't like the numbers.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned but differences in F430 times may have to do with the absence of the 'Mannetino' or, Launch Control on U.S. models. The acceleration figures of the F430 are about a couple tenths better when launch control is engaged.
    For car and driver the cars were tested in Europe...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Im pretty sure the Z also has traction control. The gearbox doesnt matter the vette reaches 60 in first. The vettes trans is mounted in the back if im not mistaken causing for pretty dam good weight distrubution.
    Last edited by rev440; 09-28-2006 at 12:08 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Yes the z06 has traction control and near 50/50 weight distribution (I think it's 51/49). It doesn't have launch control but if you learn how to properly launch the car that shouldn't be a problem (although I wouldn't mind having launch control).
    Last edited by gtface; 09-28-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Well, I have to do a lot of web searching, but I believe it was an owner of some vehicle they tested who ket out how Motor Trend does their 0-60s.
    The time I posted was from Car and Driver. If they do have any "special tricks" that they do to get better 0-60 times, I would assume that they would use them on all of the cars they tested. I really don't think they are trying to stack the cards against the ferrari.

Thread Information