Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top gear - how many are left?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Top gear - how many are left?

Latest Top Gear mentioned this new capability in the UK and it makes interesting reading for your favourite model.

Exploreing can be fun ... like the near 1500 E-types ADDED since 1994.
    All those barn finds and imports as prices climbed no doubt

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

Sad to see how many other A610 owners have them off road along with mine But on the plus, means we still have the vast majority of those RHD available !!

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/renault_a610_turbo

Matra not so good, 2 of those are mine. Didnt' realise we were down to such low numbers ... shame it doesnt reflect in the prices

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle...tra_bagheera_s
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

^^^ What a cool website.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

So how many of the E-type left showed up in that episode....lol
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

not nearly as many as planned for the big 50th anniversary gathering at Silverstone Classic (22-24 July).

Expecting over 1000 ..... going to make for a great pic, tho' hard pressed to match Subaru's tear-inducing image for Colin ....

So hoping they dont just park 1000 E-types in a parallel lines
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Marauder would climb over those Etypes! haha Great episode!

Bobsled chick was very cute too!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Noticable that her outfit was not quite so tight or revealing from her competition days Think they toned it down a bit for public viewing for Top Gear

Indeed. Highlight of the episode.

Of the series too, probably.

17x01 was at most average, though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

With clothes on ..... http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...-amy-williams/

Fantastic picture Matra And a very interesting site, shame it's only the UK.
    All about the t-tops

For all those still fantasising about British women bobsledders

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIxwM7GVik"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYIxwM7GVik[/ame]

What's the difference between licensed and SORN'd? I see some cars with more licensed than SORN'd - does licensed mean that it's just registered while SORN'd mean it's actually road-legal?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

^^^ SORN means "Statutory Off Road Notification", a notice requirement in some countries (and US states) that the car isn't road legal, unlicensed and/or uninsured, failed required safety inspections, scrapped, etc. It pertains to all cars but in the case of collectible autos it can be a pain to reverse, as in the case of long-term restorations, cars that have been off the road for years or repaired wrecks. In Florida (and several other states) a car can't be legally scrapped without a clear title, but thankfully returning an old car to the road isn't as hard as it is in places like the UK or Germany. I'm sure Matra will fill us in on the UK statutes, but I think "getting SORNed" is the act of re-licensing a car for the road.

Cool site, BTW... wish that was a world-wide database!
    Last edited by csl177; 06-27-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: syntax
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Other way round csl

You "SORN" a car when you are NOT re-taxing it.
    We pay an annual road fund licence ( none of which goes to fund very much to do with roads ! ).
    Each year you must ba the road tax.
    As some were avoiding paying they needed a way for there to be a means of knowing if a car still existed or not. EVEN though you are required to inform when a car is scrapped. but I digress ...... so in their infinite(ly small) wisdom they created the SORN system.

So each year for all of my cars and bikes I either pay road tax OR declare it as SORN.
    They've not yet got round to charging us to SORN a car but no doubt are considering it

So when you come to want to put the car back on the road you pay the road tax and it automaticaly is "un-SORNed"

It's a pain in the arse if you hav ea car collection as each year you have to repeat this. Failure to do so results in an IMMEDIATE FINE. I've been twice charged and being me opted NOT to pay the fine and instead demand my day in court. SO far never paid any monies nor had the pleasure of exposing the scam in court. The statistics show it hasn't reducde the number of cars driving illegaly on the roads in the UK !!

Sorry, you got me on to one of my "SORN rants". Bloody idiots we have in government who cant do joined up thinking - of all parties I had the Quantum clamped when I was rebuildng a wall at the rear of my property so moved the cars out of the way to allow access. Short on hard standing space, I put the car outside. It was declared SORN. BUT you're not supposed to put it on the road while it's SORNed. It was outside for all of 6 hours and in that time a van drove past with an automatic number plate recognition camera and triggered the clamp-nazis. In the meantime lots of crimes were ACTUALLY happening in the area !!! I really wanted that one to go to court, but they backed down

See, you shouldn't get me started on SORN

So summary, SORN is a way of telling the authorities you have a car that MAY some day be on the roads. IF you dont SORN a car then if you rebuild a classic and then try to register it they may chose NOT to give you the original registration plate. Another piece of nonsense. We are a nation of car collectors and govermnents over the years seem to be trying to find ways to piss us off so we scrap them and buy new ones so they can get the VAT on new car purchases Me ? CYNICAL ?? never

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Other way round csl

You "SORN" a car when you are NOT re-taxing it.

So summary, SORN is a way of telling the authorities you have a car that MAY some day be on the roads. IF you dont SORN a car then if you rebuild a classic and then try to register it they may chose NOT to give you the original registration plate. Another piece of nonsense. We are a nation of car collectors and govermnents over the years seem to be trying to find ways to piss us off so we scrap them and buy new ones so they can get the VAT on new car purchases Me ? CYNICAL ?? never
    Thanks Matra. So... it's the exact opposite of our requirements. Insane. We only pay to RE license... and booting?!? That's beyond comprehension!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

For the Dutchie's:
    Wagenparkstatistieken - Auto's - Bedrijfswagens - Aanhangwagens en Opleggers - Motorfietsen

Here you can find how many of a certain model are still on our roads

Surprisingly this shows only 17% of vehicles are a diesel! I was expecting a bit more.
    Last edited by drakkie; 06-28-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Thread Information