Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Z06 Vette "only" $66K....0-60 in 3.7 sec!!

you see just as many vettes on the road as mustangs
    Based solely on numbers built, this is wrong. Especially with those from 1980 on.

90 percent of vette owner that do buy them to go fast in only drag race
    So why do Mustang owners buy Mustangs? A majority of Mustang sales are V6 automatics. So they're not even buying them for the straight line performance.

and its sooo soo easy to buy a 4000 dollar fox body mustang and put a couple mods on it and walk all over stupid vette drivers all day.
    The same can be said for any car. Throw enough money at a Yugo and it'll run 9's.
    the crank rods and pistons are all forged in the mustang as opposed to the cast parts in the vette. and your still using a push rod 427 cubic inch motor wow congrats your beating a 5.4 liter car with a 7 liter car i sure hope your proud of yourself.
    http://popularhotrodding.com/tech/0504phr_ls7/
    Digging deeper, we find that the powdered metal main caps employed in other Gen III/IV engines have been supplanted by doweled forged steel mains, fastened to the block with six bolts per cap. Hmmm, it's getting interesting. Retained by the caps is the new longer-stroke crank, a unit forged from 4140 chromium molybdenum steel with rolled fillet-radius journals. This is a serious piece, having more in common with a custom race crank than a traditional carbon steel factory forging. The parts list becomes even more exotic with the connecting rods, which are machined from lightweight forged titanium, a first for a domestic production engine, and uncommon even in race engines.
    Yes, an archaic pushrod motor with technology that most race cars don't even utilize. How primitive.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Based solely on numbers built, this is wrong. Especially with those from 1980 on.
    well in my area at least you see tons of vettes and tons of mustangs.

So why do Mustang owners buy Mustangs? A majority of Mustang sales are V6 automatics. So they're not even buying them for the straight line performance.
    because their affordable. keep in mind here im talking about all mustangs ever made. but yes your right that most sold nowadays are v6 automatics but thats because their affordable and they make people that dont know better feel like their driving something cool. if there was a v6 base corvette i bet they would sell mostly those too.

The same can be said for any car. Throw enough money at a Yugo and it'll run 9's.
    wow you completley got this one wrong. im not talking throwing an insane amount of money at a car im talking about putting a very small amount of money into a car and walking all over vettes. you buy a 4000-4500 dollar fox body mustang (it will prob have mods on it already but for arguements sake we'll say this one is stock) and you put a decent intake on it and a cam, and gears and your already in vette territory, you put a set of heads on it and your walkin vettes all day long. you invest 6 grand into a fox body stang (including the price of the car) and most likely you'll have a car that'll eat 60K vettes for lunch all day long.

i have to give this one to you i was wrong.

Yes, an archaic pushrod motor with technology that most race cars don't even utilize. How primitive.
    i dont care what race cars use the fact remains its outdated technology that lets that 7 liter motor barley make more power than a 5.4 liter motor. congratulations. now dont get me wrong i dont think theres too much wrong with a good ol fashioned pushrod motor but gimmie some overhead cams over pushrods any day.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Id still go with the vette. Have some chick line you up side by side at a drag strip. She still goes home with the vette.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Id still go with the vette. Have some chick line you up side by side at a drag strip. She still goes home with the vette.
    ay yup. reminds me of a convo I had with a hot chick a while ago;

her: "He just got a vette!"
    Me: "Yeah, but it's the base C5 vette, kyle's Sti is still faster"
    her: (looking confused) "Who cares? It's a corvette!"
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    her: (looking confused) "Who cares? It's a corvette!"
    Juggs, this is what I was getting at earlier. People say the same about the Mustang, but for different reasons.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    great news..wonder how much the UK market will get it for..
    btw quattroman, the q in ur avatar should be a small q not a capital Q, as quattro is spelt with a small q
    It's gonna be more than the cost of an M400 or a Sagaris, so I'd struggle to be interested, though I'm about as near to either as Niko is to the 'vette.

i dont care what race cars use the fact remains its outdated technology that lets that 7 liter motor barley make more power than a 5.4 liter motor. congratulations. now dont get me wrong i dont think theres too much wrong with a good ol fashioned pushrod motor but gimmie some overhead cams over pushrods any day.
    What you fail to say is that the 5.4 liter is supercharged. Also you can do whatever you want to beat a Corvette in a straight line, but take them to some curves and the Vette will take off effortlessly.

shr0olvl, Godlaus, and quiggs you know what i agree a girl will prob like a vette more than a mustang but i still dont think i'll have any problems picking up chix when we get our new GT500 to go with the old one.

nobleman, i agree the vette will prob outhandle the mustang but barley anybody is buying either one to take out to a road course to race, their just going to be racing from light to light. and i still have a feeling the mustang will handle pretty damn well.

and quiggs i'll be the first to admit a lot of fags go out and buy mustangs just cuz they think their cool and want to go out and beat civics and be punks on the road, but an equal amount of guys who are having mid life crisis's are going to be going out and buying vettes to show their buddies back at the country club. your right people do buy the cars for different reasons but i still think your getting more bang for your buck with the stang.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Mustang is not bred for what the new Z06 is bred for. Plus if you are buying that mustang chances are you are not gonna have the money to put in modifications. The GT500 is looking like the "poor man's" Z06/Corvette. The Z06 will destroy the GT500 based on its racing background and co-construction next to the C6R. Then again I would be all for the Z06 because is NA and im all for that instead of forced induction.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Mustang is not bred for what the new Z06 is bred for. Plus if you are buying that mustang chances are you are not gonna have the money to put in modifications. The GT500 is looking like the "poor man's" Z06/Corvette. The Z06 will destroy the GT500 based on its racing background and co-construction next to the C6R. Then again I would be all for the Z06 because is NA and im all for that instead of forced induction.
    im sure i'll be able to afford a smaller pulley to crank up the boost. pulleys are cheap and i'll be pullin zo6 horsepower with ease.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    shr0olvl, Godlaus, and quiggs you know what i agree a girl will prob like a vette more than a mustang but i still dont think i'll have any problems picking up chix when we get our new GT500 to go with the old one.
    the same thing applies to ricers. No matter how fast they make their civic, it will always be an economy car meant for taking people from A to B.

You get your stang (which most girls I know think is ugly), I'll get a corvette, and we'll see who has more phone numbers at the end of the night.

No matter how hard you want your car to be, it will always be what it was meant to be by the manufacturer. (in the generalized eye, anyway)

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

i dont personally know any girls that think mustangs are ugly...most of em would be droolin over a stang...im glad i dont live over in washington...actually i do have a buddy who lives in washington and he drives an 03 mach 1 and he says he has no problems pickin up the ladies in that car. i think its just mainly the fact that more people like mustangs in this area than vettes.

as for me trying to make a car somethin its not where did i ever say anything like that? i mean i completley agree with your statement but i dont know where it applys here, plus, what do you think the shelby is trying to be? i dont think its tryin to be a poser or anything like that if thats what you mean. i guess if you like the vette you like the vette, but i like the shelby better and i still think its a better deal than the vette and i dont think i'll have any problems picking up ladies in it...in fact i know i won't...and if i do...well i'll just go take out the 70 cuz girls go crazy for muscle cars around here.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

i dont personally know any girls that think mustangs are ugly...most of em would be droolin over a stang...im glad i dont live over in washington...actually i do have a buddy who lives in washington and he drives an 03 mach 1 and he says he has no problems pickin up the ladies in that car. i think its just mainly the fact that more people like mustangs in this area than vettes.
    I was refering to the GT500 stang, as were you.

as for me trying to make a car somethin its not where did i ever say anything like that? i mean i completley agree with your statement but i dont know where it applys here, plus, what do you think the shelby is trying to be? i dont think its tryin to be a poser or anything like that if thats what you mean. i guess if you like the vette you like the vette, but i like the shelby better and i still think its a better deal than the vette and i dont think i'll have any problems picking up ladies in it...in fact i know i won't...and if i do...well i'll just go take out the 70 cuz girls go crazy for muscle cars around here.
    with the 26,000 dollars i'd save i could easily make the mustang better than the vette.
    that's where we're getting the idea from. But, i really don't want to argue this right now. It's turning into a 'what chicks like more' argument.

lol i agree we need to stop with what the girls like better. as for making it better with the money all i was saying is it would be easy to not that i nescisarily would. cuz i could make it faster with a couple hundred bucks and still have plenty of money left over to buy somethin to drive in the winter time.

if you ask me the GT500 is the best looking of the new mustangs unless you count like a roushe or somethin like that.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

reaching 60 while still in first gear? So where is the redline? 61 miles? All in the interest of the magic 0-60 figure, pathetic. Will European versions have a box where the red lines starts at 101 kph?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information