Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Motorcycle Racing

Lets just hope Alice isn't Italian for Teamwork.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Lorenzo wins in Jerez (Ducati's looked weak) and Aprilia take both races in Monza.

In other news, Stoner may leave Ducati for Honda (following his previous team boss Livio Suppo).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I've gotten behind in my racing schedule. Have a few things taped - knew I probably shouldn't have checked this thread but did anyways - I may not manage to watch them. I am cheering for Aprilia in SBK so I am glad to see Max doing so well.

I don't like the idea of Stoner leaving Ducati - he has a good thing going there. Maybe this has something to do with the oft mentioned Rossi to Ducati super team?

Suppo is working in marketing with HRC now isnt he? That alone wouldnt be reason for Stoner to switch to Honda.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Suppo is working in marketing with HRC now isnt he? That alone wouldnt be reason for Stoner to switch to Honda.
    it is unofficially considered (rumored?) that's just a temporary role, so that next year he would be team boss again, but at Honda.
    That's what the Italian press thinks, and he didn't scrap those suppositions, so perhaps there is something true behind that.

Where would that leave Pedrosa and/or Dovi?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Where would that leave Pedrosa and/or Dovi?
    That I don't know.
    I think that Pedrosa had his chances at Honda, or at least at the factory team. It's always among the fastest drivers, basically never the fastest though, and he has never been a serious title contender.
    If Dovizioso has a nice season, I can definitely see him staying where he is.

Not sure if Rossi would eventually move to Ducati though, unless the offer is very high and Yamaha wouldn't raise its check. Which is basically what happened with Honda. On one hand Yamaha knows how good he is as opposed to Honda which payed their mistake, but on the other hand Yamaha now has Lorenzo as well. Perhaps not as experienced as Rossi, but almost as fast as him, if not as fast as period. If Lorenzo keeps this path, Rossi would have a superiority on him for this season or maybe another one, then the Spaniard would have enough experience to avoid some mistakes and help the team developing the bike as well.

The idea of Rossi at Ferrari is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The idea of Rossi at Ferrari is just stupid.
    I make joke, wahwah wee wah.

So, I went to Salt Lake City SBK race today (yesterday). You could hardly call it Salt Lake City, the track is 30 miles west of downtown in a different county. First bike race I have been to at MMP; having previously been to a few ALMS and Grand-Am races there.

Not worth the $60 for admission in my opinion (luckily I only paid $15... it pays to have friends in high places ). The race wasn't the most exciting (passing-wise) and the alternative entertainment... say what? If it weren't for Checa bailing and the BMW in Race 2 slipping away this would have just been a day at the train tracks. But the race wasn't that impressive anyway. I even watched the races when I got home to see if it was any more exciting... I've thought this for a while but MMP is a lot of hype.

One thing to note:

90% of Ducati fans at the venue were the most annoying asshats and they need to burn in hell immediately. I got more amusement from people watching at the venue than I did the race. Most of them were roided out meatheads, with too much hair product, who were incredibly boisterous, and overall just grade A d-bags; the women that were seen around these jokers could be compared to street walkers.

What was more annoying was that their allegiance to certain riders was very shallow. Only clapping or cheering for anything leading in a Ducati. Example: when Checa was leading most of Race 1, every time he went by our grandstand this loud "CHECAaaaaaaah!" would scream and everyone would clap their hands and blow those horns. In Race 2 is was the same thing for the first laps: Lap 1, "CHECAaaaaaaah!" Lap 2, "CHECAaaaaaaah!" Lap 3, "CHECAaaaaaaah!" and you get the point. Once he crashed, a huge gasp went about and when the group of riders was about to make their next pass by our grandstand after Checa's crash everyone screamed, "HAGAaaaaaaah!" It was like that till the end of Race 2. Our grandstand is called the Clubhouse Corner; I'm calling it Ducati Fan Club from now on out. Literally, 1 in every 3 was in some form of Ducati t-shirt apparel in our grandstand and they were so annoying. It almost felt like being around those jerkoffs you see at frat parties and you completely loathe them for their ignorance and over aggressive mannerisms; same type of crowd. If there is a 2011 race I will hesitate to go because the detestable spectators dying for attention was just too much for me to handle. I would put $20 down that most of those fan boys don't know anything about the engineering of their beloved Ducati or significant historical statistics of the SBK or MotoGP, etc; just a bunch of t-shirts.

[/rant]

I'm betting the coverage didn't show Leon fighting his way through the pack ?

Didn't look a great track, but that's not fair as I've not seen anything other than a couple of short highlights.

How about he suport races, LT, were they the same ?
    Might well be a track/heat thing
    SBK has been producing some great dices -- anyone watch Kyalami frmo last week ( though hand UP I *LOVE* that circuit )

This -- TT blog: Monday, May31 'proper old school racing' - | Motorcycle Sport | Isle of Man TT results | TTXGP | MCN -- will save me typing for the next two weeks at the world GREATEST motorbike race.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-01-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    I'm betting the coverage didn't show Leon fighting his way through the pack ?

Didn't look a great track, but that's not fair as I've not seen anything other than a couple of short highlights.

Might well be a track/heat thing
    SBK has been producing some great dices -- anyone watch Kyalami frmo last week ( though hand UP I *LOVE* that circuit )

This -- TT blog: Monday, May31 'proper old school racing' - | Motorcycle Sport | Isle of Man TT results | TTXGP | MCN -- will save me typing for the next two weeks at the world GREATEST motorbike race.
    Yeah, I caught parts of it. I thought it was fairly good, but as you say that circuit rocks.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The support races were just a bunch of train cars going around. They were much more grouped together than in the premier class, but I don't think that the track is very great for passing. Everyone gets a hard-on when they talk about MMP being world class; in that respect I think they just mean the facility as a whole because the track just doesn't flow like others. No disrespect to Larry but his design team did not put together a memorable track.

Rossi.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Homem de Gelo View Post
    Rossi.
    Let's call the Doctor.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information