Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mazda show car, latest HSV Grange, extravagant Ferrari and beautiful Bugatti ...

New Mazda show car, latest HSV Grange, extravagant Ferrari and beautiful Bugatti ...

In recent years Mazda's show cars have been among the finest. Up until now they used the 'Nagare' design language with as our personal favourite the Furai built in 2008. Following a change at the head of the design department, a new language has been created; 'KODO' or 'Soul of Motion'. The first car designed following the new principles is the Shinari Concept, which will make its official debut at the end of the month in Paris. The elegant four-door 'coupe' could very well provide the first glimpse of the RX-8 replacement.
    Australia's HSV have released the first details this morning of the latest version of their top-of-the-range model; the Grange. It combines the very potent LS3 engine, which now produces well over 430 bhp, with advanced features like 'Side Blind Zone Alert' and the option to use petrol or LPG fuels. The big four-door machine will be available later in the month.
    One of the most extravagant cars lined up at Pebble Beach last month was this unique Ferrari 410 SuperAmerica Ghia Coupe. It was the last Ferrari ever bodied by Ghia and took nearly a year to complete. The 340 bhp machine sports a design typical for Ghia's mid-1950s show cars with a very aerodynamic shape and big fins on the tail. As far as we know this was the first time the one-off Ferrari has appeared in public for at least twenty years.
    Compared to the lavish Ferrari, the Bugatti Type 50 on the field sported a very understated design. Responsible for the big Bugatti's fine lines was Jean Bugatti and the body was built by the factory. Finished in a two-tone grey and black, the Type 50 Roadster was one of the most elegant cars in the concours.

Enjoy the links:

1931 - 1933 Bugatti Type 50 Roadster - Images, Specifications and Information

1956 Ferrari 410 SuperAmerica Ghia Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 HSV Grange WM3 - Images, Specifications and Information

2010 Mazda Shinari Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Urgh, HSV's front ends are just getting worse and worse these days.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

HURR I'm an HSV DURR.

Still, Bogan Chic.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

A face only a bogan could love? HSV must be hoping so, cos it's otherwise awful.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The Mazderati is pretty nice though. The first couple cars in the previous Mazda design series were kinda weird, up until the beautiful Furai, so if they go up from here they're going to have some nice designs.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Head of Mazda design is the original designer of the RX-8 so he has good heritage
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i didn't know HSV was a charity, because they seem prepared to just give away sales to ford/FPV
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i didn't know HSV was a charity, because they seem prepared to just give away sales to ford/FPV
    The Grange has no direct competitor. LWB Falcon's don't exist anymore.

Zing.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The Grange has no direct competitor. LWB Falcon's don't exist anymore.
    it doesn't really matter any more though, all HSV's look like ass now.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it doesn't really matter any more though, all HSV's look like ass now.
    I'm trying to load Holden's website but it isn't working.

I find the base Holden's to be rather nice looking - very clean, simple designs. The HSV things as I recall (this Grange is an example) put all sorts of elaborate and ugly shit on the car that takes away from the design's simplicity and makes it ugly.

Ah, good to see they have the LEDs. That is a fad that may be here to stay sadly. Another reason to curse Audi.

with you 100% on that kitdy. the SS is a very smooth and appealing design, HSV has too many fidgety details - case in point even the series 1, the exhaust tips and tail lights were a bit off.

It's almost as if HSV is jealous of the G8's nose or they feel the need to one up(down?) us Yanks...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Maybe no one told them Americans didn't want the Pontiac and that it has just disappeared...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

They had a bucketload of G8 front clips they had to shift in Australia, so they made a special edition model that sold gangbusters

Agreed - the VE is a design that doesn't handle stupid detailing.

Thread Information