Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapture Parties

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rapture Parties

I'm down with post rapture looting.

"With the end of the world looming this Saturday (May 21), non-believers are planning "Rapture parties" to poke a little fun at the Doomsday prediction and also raise awareness for other causes.

Harold Camping, 89-year-old leader of the ministry Family Radio Worldwide, has predicted that a five-month destruction of humanity will commence Saturday with a Rapture, in which believers will ascend to heaven. "Whereas this five-month period will be an enormous horror story for those who have not been raptured, it will be a time of great joy and wonder for those who are raptured," according to the Family Radio website. [Infographic: A Brief History of Doomsday]

Camping uses a mathematical formula linked to prophecies in the Bible. He once predicted Sept. 6, 1994 as Judgment Day, but that math didn't quite work out. This time around, Camping's organization took out an ad in Reader's Digest, stating: "The Bible guarantees the end of the world will begin with Judgment Day May 21, 2011."

me too. We have offered the services of our band as well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

If it happens, don't let heavens door hit you on the ass on your way up, I suppose.

Otherwise, I have my eye on a new Plasma

He could be right you know, aren't the US, Israel and the Palestinians supposed to be negotiating at that time? The rapture is only meant to start then, it's supposed to wrap up in october...
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    If it happens, don't let heavens door hit you on the ass on your way up, I suppose.

Otherwise, I have my eye on a new Plasma

He could be right you know, aren't the US, Israel and the Palestinians supposed to be negotiating at that time? The rapture is only meant to start then, it's supposed to wrap up in october...
    Actully LED has a better picture than Plasma, that is what you should go for.

There's some really crazy stuff that people get out of prophecies and decoding The Bible. I was watching the History Channel on one of them and it said that bin Laden was one of the 3 anti-Christs that was going to be put on this Earth (Napoleon and Hitler were the other 2). Maybe killing him marked the start of the judgement process? I'm not buying into this guys theory though, he's already been wrong once and prolly is again since his math is so complex and decoding/prophecizing is even more complex. I still have my money on 2012

Damn it, can't the world end after I finish my school semester? I'm having a good semester.

I thought gods were accommodating.

Well, I'm going to take this opportunity to build up my car collection. I'm going to start with a Porsche 911, a F40 with Tubi exhausts, a GT-R, and maybe a 458.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It's a fallacy that LED is "better" than plasma.
    Unless you go for the real state of art led per pixel back lighting then it's lacking in real contrast depth. LED tweak the numbers to make them look better
    BUT Plasma still has aging issues, so in 3 years time it's halved

I'm with K, but doing it by knowing all the "religious nuts" who have lots of goodies.
    Let them ahve their rapture, I'll be happy driving a Lambo and Ferrari and see if any of his demons can catch me
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Unless you go for the real state of art led per pixel back lighting then it's lacking in real contrast depth. LED tweak the numbers to make them look better

I'm with K, but doing it by knowing all the "religious nuts" who have lots of goodies.
    Let them ahve their rapture, I'll be happy driving a Lambo and Ferrari and see if any of his demons can catch me
    actually ive done a lot of research and put the same size led and plasma and lcd next to each other. Plasma all say they have 1,000,000:1 contrast, but if you put them next to each other they just don't look as good. The black on a plasma just doesn't look as black, and the white isn't as white. Maybe it is a color issue and not a contrast, but they just don't look as good. They are much cheaper however. I was going to get a 65 inch 3D LED but then changed my mind, since i already have a 42" LCD and I didn't want to have to buy a 3D tv and 3D projector for watching movies, I decided to comprimise and get the 82" DLP Mitsubishi Diamond series, which is only $3,000. I then changed my mind and decided to settle for the smaller 73" Mitsubishi 3D DLP wich is only $1,200. It is less expensive than a 55" Led 3D tv and also has better 3D technology and a larger screen for less price, and if it burns out you only have to replace a bulb

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

My family owns a plasma television. It's a Sony 50 inch from 2004 and it shows incredibly. I think it was one of the last lines of the Sony plasma televisions.

Yep, Plasma contrast figures are REAL. LCD contrast figures are "tweaked" Well to be fair now all the marketing bods have got on the BS bandwagon with "dynamic contrast" all of them are lies
    FD, I suggest borrowing a colorimeter and setting up your LCD so it's not so vibrant and more natural and then compare.
    Black on a plasma is "generated" by NOT exciting it. On an LCD it requires all 3 pixels to block the backlight. For a screen to look more black when NOT producing any light means something is wrong somewhere
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thank goodness I didn't cash out all my stocks and max out all my credit cards on booze and hookers, I was ready to do that but I got the dates mixed up. Next year the weekend before Dec. 21, I'm going to the "Moonlight bunny ranch" Everybody's invited. The weekend's on me, Booze, Cigars, Hookers for the entire weekend. I just hope the Mayans are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaven View Post
    Thank goodness I didn't cash out all my stocks and max out all my credit cards on booze and hookers, I was ready to do that but I got the dates mixed up. Next year the weekend before Dec. 21, I'm going to the "Moonlight bunny ranch" Everybody's invited. The weekend's on me, Booze, Cigars, Hookers for the entire weekend. I just hope the Mayans are right.
    Actually the same guy that predicted this last one said he revised his math and found Oct. 21st to be the actual date of the rapture. I don't know if you'll alter your plans to fit accordingly to this, that is if 0 for 2 still leaves room for persuasion

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    Actually the same guy that predicted this last one said he revised his math and found Oct. 21st to be the actual date of the rapture. I don't know if you'll alter your plans to fit accordingly to this, that is if 0 for 2 still leaves room for persuasion
    I have more faith on the Mayans than that nut.

Is anybody else still alive?
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information