2 40.00%
  • HOLDEN

2 40.00%
  • SKYLINE

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD vs HOLDEN vs SKYLINE

FORD vs HOLDEN vs SKYLINE

which 1 is faster? many think its the holden.......but once a ford xr8 beat ma dads r34 296kw skyline and a holden commodore acclaim.........the ford was like miles infront..........my dads skyline was kinda trailing behind and the holden was left collecting the dust.............HONEST!!!

once the cars arent stock anymiore though it changes form the best manufacturer to the one with the most money in their cars

Most Skylines you see seem to have modifications done. Despite their cult status the "wondercars" that the GranTurismo set continually sing the praises of seem to have upgraded intercoolers, custom exhausts and unichips or the like.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

umm isnt the acclaim a lame arsed v6 eccono car? Just wondering if it is what is it doing being compared to a XR8 and a skyline?And the queastion arises what kind of Xr8 and did your father actually realises that yous were racing? I am a ford fan but seriously even the new BA Xr8 with 260 kw compared to a 296 kw skyline (which is a heap lighter and has a traxction advantage) it all seems a little unfair.

none of the cars would have been stock. only an idiot would take on a skyline in a stock xr8 or acclaim

You need to get out more. There are plenty of idiots out there. Assume nothing , much less the credibility of what you read on the net.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yeah like someones really gunna think theyre 150kw acclaim's gunna beat a 206kw+ skyline

Yeah well i took on a subaru wrx in my crook datsun sunny and beat it off the line he ate me alive though that was a great laugh i had trouble beliving how hard he tried to stop me from up staging him I was actualy asking was he sure it was an acclaim? And the queastion about did he realises he was racing was like the time i raced a turboed gemini I was winning untill he realised i was racing him

u mustve been racin someone on their l plates. anyone should be able to make a wrx launch better than most other cars on the road

Better reaction time but i spun the tyers. I was stiring him up more then anything else had a chat to the lad at the servo found out what mods (2 in total exaust and blow off valve) and i was stiriing him up at the lights after we took off he promtly slaughterd me.

so intimidation got the better of him. one of my friends saw this classic car chase, where this xr8 coppa was chasin a wrx down the highway. for the best part of it, the xr8 was behind for about 4 seconds, but the coppa ended up catching him. pretty impressive considering the cops have to use autos

Pursuit cars are always that little bit faster ive seenm those rodeo paddy wagons outrun bloody some of those sporty little jap buzz boxes which when you put into comparison is fair moving especially since their desils and before you say the drivers wernt going as hard as they could they were at it hammer and tongs i was cruising along at 60km/h and they came roceting past then the paddy wagon went by and i could feel the suck on my car like a truck went by

the rodeos used have the 3.2 v6 fitted. they actually made it illegal or something for the rodeos to be involved in pursuits cause of their high centre of gravity

plus most manual xr8's would just be a match for most wrx's out there, and an auto plus all the extra cop equipment, plus the possible extra coppa working the laptop wouldve made it about 1.5 secs slower, but especially with the new BA, the cops are playin with the ecu's gettin more power and just by tappin away at the laptop they get theyre xr6 turbos to have 270kw, and the xr6tubro auto would be as fast as the manual version, but with the auto falcons the cops are now using, theyd be too temted to use the manual shift

With the ammount of non-pursuit kays the cover they probly use the ****-it-gears more often but yeah i never knew about them being banned from pursuits? Queanbeyan coppas gone bad (no it couldent happen ) bnut yeah they also have an older wrx as an unmarked car and a black VR with a bull bar they catch a lot of people out that way. And the only other times i see the copper is whenever im going to car yard they sitting at the maccas car parks or the kfc one it really bugs me when they pull me over and "have you got anything in the car we wont like son?" or "your rear tyers are a little blad have you been doing burnouts?" when theirs little tards who fair dinkum race eachother around!

Thread Information