Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Jaguar XJ

2010 Jaguar XJ

I don't have the press release or all the photos but this news is just a few hours old and I wanted to fire up a thread so we can get to discussing this new car.

It will feature Jaguar's new AJ-III engines, including the top of the line 5.0L supercharged unit which produced 510 horsepower @ 6,000-6,500 rpm and 461 lb.ft. @ 2,500 - 5,500 rpm. Also offered will be an engine with 385 hp @ 6,500 rpm and 380- lb.ft. @3,500, and a mid-level supercharged engine with 470 hp @ 6,000-6,5000 rpm and 424 lb.-ft. @ 2,500-5,000 rpm. In Europe, a 3.0L diesel will be available. The 510 hp version is supposed to hit 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds.

I see a lot of C-XF and XF in it; I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The way the grill stands out and the lights are set back make it look a bit like the Quattroporte. i like the look but it just doesnt feel like a jag to me, especially not an xj. i mean i understand the desire to design a more modern car but there is literally nothing tying it to the jags of old that were some of the most classic designs ever. throw a bit of xjs, xk120 and xj6 together with some new xk styling, mix it up and that should be what it looks like
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    The way the grill stands out and the lights are set back make it look a bit like the Quattroporte. i like the look but it just doesnt feel like a jag to me, especially not an xj. i mean i understand the desire to design a more modern car but there is literally nothing tying it to the jags of old that were some of the most classic designs ever. throw a bit of xjs, xk120 and xj6 together with some new xk styling, mix it up and that should be what it looks like
    agree with everything you say...

but i still want one. XJ-R though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

No new XJR apparently. The nameplate won't be carried over according to Jaguar's officials care of Autoblog. The XJR may as well be the 510 hp version though as it'll probably be faster than any stock XJR of old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    No new XJR apparently. The nameplate won't be carried over according to Jaguar's officials care of Autoblog. The XJR may as well be the 510 hp version though as it'll probably be faster than any stock XJR of old.
    give it time.. it will be back.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I really really don't like the rear. And the front is just a remade XF. Nothing new or nice here. Just redone.

Not all that interesting, Jaguar.

I don't know. Maybe it's the pictures but I don't like the way it looks. I was expecting a lot from this car but I'm a bit disapointed. The interior doesn't look bad though.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congratulations Jaguar! You just made a bigger XF, but thought the back of a Continental GT looks epic, so stuck that on. Not soooo sure IMO.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gear dot com
    Take a look at that arse. Even Ian Callum, the designer of the XJ, admits it's not an easy shape to swallow. Er, figuratively, we mean.

"I know you're struggling with the rear end of this car," says Callum. "Lots of people will. That's the point."

Callum is pitching the XJ as a design for the future, a shape that might challenge people now but will look right, glamorous even, once we've all got used to it.
    I'm still hoping the XJ12 comes back.. everyone go buy one of these so Jag have some cash to develop it.

This design is very confused and does not flow.
    The rear is shit, plain and simple. The grille needs to be lowered and shrunk and the beltline needs lowering. Aside from that, it is alright, but is going to need some serious improvements imo.
    I do like like the specs behind the naturally aspirated bent eight though, so all is not lost.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

the jaguar on the steering looks pretty bad
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    this is a good looking car but the head lights remind me of a Hyundia Elantra. no offense to Hyundia and Jaguar. but i bet its a fast sucker.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I need to see this car in person. From the front I thought it was just a big XF (which would be a mistake), but the rear is totally unexpected. I'm REALLY curious how the proportions look in real life.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I've never been a fan of the original XJ styling, so I'm definitely not offended by the change in design. In fact, I'm quite happy with the way this turned out. Its very clean and aggressive. I like the sideways pouncing cat badge on the boot lid and steering wheel, too. I'm sure this car will do well.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    back side of XKR = huh?
    i thought it didn't look bad in the front but the back is just unexpected.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information