Thread: Mazda RX-8 HO vs Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Monaro

Mazda RX-8 HO vs Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Monaro

Before you all go "omg what a dumbass, comparing a car that had 4 times the dispalced ment and twice the power as the other, not even the same size and price", let me explain why I am comparing these two. Both these cars are low volume sports cars that are very fun according to auto-journalists and practical compared to other cars that compare like it and they are both lovable cars no matter how rich/poor/fast/slow you are.

so basically, which one would u rather have ?

oh sweet, i frogot to make a poll, whatever.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Before you all go "omg what a dumbass, comparing a car that had 4 times the dispalced ment and twice the power as the other, not even the same size and price", let me explain why I am comparing these two. Both these cars are low volume sports cars that are very fun according to auto-journalists and practical compared to other cars that compare like it and they are both lovable cars no matter how rich/poor/fast/slow you are.

so basically, which one would u rather have ?

oh sweet, i frogot to make a poll, whatever.
    omg what a dumbass, comparing a car that had 4 times the dispalced ment and twice the power as the other, not even the same size and price

Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Well i would take the RX-8 (what's the HO stand for?), because there are way too many pontiac gto's over here in america so i'm kinda sick of them, so badged as a holden or whatever i still think i wouldn't really wanna drive it.

High Output (The more powerful one)

I would much rather have the GTO/Monaro because of it's V8, you can use it's low end torque for normal street driving without stressing out the engine. And when you go to the track, you've got all those ponies under the hood to shove you back in your seat

Oh yeah, what a dumbass
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    Well i would take the RX-8 (what's the HO stand for?), because there are way too many pontiac gto's over here in america so i'm kinda sick of them, so badged as a holden or whatever i still think i wouldn't really wanna drive it.
    the couple of thousand sold over there are comparitively a drop in the ocean as far as cars go, quit complaining
    I am the Stig

Now this is hard .. I think Id have to go for the RX8 because its different and it hasnt got a Vauxhall badge on Theres something about the RX8 I really like which the Monaro lacks. I may change my mind if my local Vauxhall dealer takes me for a spin in their test car *fingers crossed*

tough choice, rx8 though, mainly cuz of the gto comment

but to tell you the truth id rather have the late generation rx7 instead but that might just be a bit too hardcore for daily use

GTO
    beautiful exhaust note
    usable powerband

For me it would be a much more rewarding car to drive.

I'd go for the manaro because its the first out of many to come out of vauxhalls/opels/holdens.
    Mazda RX8 lacks the power in many ways.

Thread Information