Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new ride

My new ride

My curent recidence is in Taipei City. The trafic here is kind of diferent from the european one and a new car's paintjob is going to look like it's gone trough one of those british races(banger races I think it's called) so new car don't tempt me to mutch. I will just cry like a girl the first 3 times I get a scratch.
    80% of the cars here is asian brands and therfore cheap so this is what I will go for. I would like a RWD car with a OK performance that I don't have to make myself become broke to buy. Something that is easy and cheap to tune up and modefy in time.

Hope to get some nice sugestions here.

Please don't add a body kit
    Nissan 350Z would be good

How about 240SX or Silvia or whatever it's called in Taiwan.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Please don't add a body kit
    Nissan 350Z would be good
    Thanks.
    I just browsed trough a webpage in Taiwan for used cars and no 350Z shoved up. I think a friend of mine in norway used to have one and it's a car from the 70's right? I think that is too old because it look like people here don't love there cars. All cars are 10 years or less and my lucky guess is that the reason is not that they are ritch, but because they don't know how to show the car some love.

Some people paying others to wash and polish the car. Do you pay other men to make love to your girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    How about 240SX or Silvia or whatever it's called in Taiwan.

SENTRA,300ZX for under 3000USD,but no exsact match

Now I have to pay for not noticing asian car models. I don't know annything about this two car's
    Last edited by stian1979; 02-23-2006 at 11:31 PM.

350Z is one of these.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...highlight=350z
    Obviosly not 70's
    Kind of expensive, but theyre awesome cars. If you have the money, dont shoot it down until youve seen one, and the interior.
    Although they are new.
    Try the silva or 180SX or 240SX
    All about the t-tops

Hey. Alot of your cars in Taiwan would be japanese market names I presume. Try looking for Nissan Fairlady Z instead of 350z, as Fairlady Z is the JDM name for the 350z.

No can't find it, but I did find a 2000 Honda S2000 for 1380000 Taiwan dollar (42000USD) Don't like to use that mutch on buying a car.
    I'm more interested in something that is ok. I don't nead a japanese ferrari.
    A turbo would be ok since it's so mutch you can do to them, but it's not a must. I really love Taiwan until I find out what car's you can get here.
    It's like if funn and not imported to Taiwan is the same word

My reference to cars http://www.eauto.com.tw/OldCar/searchCarResp.m

I would suggest a Nissan 180sx or a 240 sx. They have quite powerful engines and look pretty good in my eyes. They are supposed to come turbocharged at stock. Have you checked if there´s any Toyota MR2:s for sale. It´s a small mid engined car, that look pretty ok in my eyes. It shouldn´t be too expensive. Take your time, so you can find a car you like.

I miss my 1976 opel kadett with turbo.
    I'm shure you feel so lonely in the garadge in norway.
    Alone in parts why could I not bring you with me on the flight?

Is Taiwan RHD? If so, why not consider picking up a used car in Japan and shipping it to Taiwan. I hear older cars are very expensive to register and a lot of otherwise nice cars can be picked up for cheap. However, with the whole drifting scene RWD still might draw a premium.

Here a Silvia that sold but just to get an idea:
    http://www.ridhaa.com/user/details.p...&currency_id=1
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I don't know how much you have, but if you're into having fun, try the Toyota Trueno GT Apex Shiguno ed. I should cost about 20,000 with high mileage. If not that, try just a standard Trueno for about $6500.

I can't access the car list..

Some questions so we can answer better:

- Can you import used cars into taiwan? If you can, Japan is your answer my friend.
    - What brands have local representation or are built there?
    - Are you looking for a sports car, coupe, sports sedan, sedan, etc.
    - Give us an example so we can evaluate how expensive cars are there. For example how much is a 2000 Hyunday Accent there? Then we can extrapolate.
    - Do you want to tune it?
    - What is your budget?
    Last edited by magracer; 02-24-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by RISE AGAINST
    I don't know how much you have, but if you're into having fun, try the Toyota Trueno GT Apex Shiguno ed. I should cost about 20,000 with high mileage. If not that, try just a standard Trueno for about $6500.
    the shuichi shigeno is a GT4 car
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

mabye a used skyline gts? RWD with turbo, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Is Taiwan RHD? If so, why not consider picking up a used car in Japan and shipping it to Taiwan. I hear older cars are very expensive to register and a lot of otherwise nice cars can be picked up for cheap. However, with the whole drifting scene RWD still might draw a premium.

Here a Silvia that sold but just to get an idea:
    http://www.ridhaa.com/user/details.p...&currency_id=1
    Taiwan drive on the right side of the road and japan and hong kong on the left. Old cars have to go to tecnical exsamination every 6mounth. I have seen Vectra and stratus 1995-2000 go for 65£

Quote Originally Posted by RISE AGAINST
    6500$ could be acepted

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    I can't access the car list..

Some questions so we can answer better:

- Can you import used cars into taiwan? If you can, Japan is your answer my friend.
    - What brands have local representation or are built there?
    - Are you looking for a sports car, coupe, sports sedan, sedan, etc.
    - Give us an example so we can evaluate how expensive cars are there. For example how much is a 2000 Hyunday Accent there? Then we can extrapolate.
    - Do you want to tune it?
    - What is your budget?
    To day I can't access it myself eather.
    Import? everything is posible, but I allready know the norwegian import regulations and have no plans to fill my head with another country's regulations. Japan no thanx(they got the stering weel on the wrong side)
    Sedan it must be since I really dislike coupe's.
    I can't access the internet page I use to locate cars, but you can get a opel vectra or chrysler stratus for 65£ If the owner is really desperate to get it out of he's hands.
    Tune it? That kind of things is ulegal here so visual modifications wont be made, only some polishing of manifoil and top and a airfilter, maybe some playing around with the fuel preshure. New pistons could be considered with time. If I have 150hp I'm pleased for now, I'm going to live here for 3 years so putting too mutch money into a car is not something I want since I will not get annything back when I sell it.
    My budget is as smal as posible.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    mabye a used skyline gts? RWD with turbo, why not?
    They are not easy to find, and I'm looking for a street car, not a teenage computer controlled fantasy.

Thread Information