Thread: I met the REAL Band of Brothers!!!

I met the REAL Band of Brothers!!!

September 18th, 1944: the 506th Airborne Division Easy Company liberates my city Eindhoven from the German terror that has been there for almost 5 years. The Easy Company got global fame a few years back when Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks together made the (beautiful) tv show 'Band of Brothers'.

Yesterday I had the luck to meet two of the men who where there during all the battles and were lucky to survive the "hell" as they like to call it. Yesterday I met Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron... Both of them fought with Easy Company all the way through Normandy, Market Garden, Bastogne and all the way up the the Eagles Nest in Berchtesgarden.

Bill Guarnere tragically got his leg blown of in Bastogne but as he said himself: "it was worth every second of pain if I say the joy of today's people". We had a five minute conversation about who grateful I am and respect I have for them. I said they are heroes but they denied it. "The real heroes are the guys that have lost their lives, although I think they immediatly do it again if they see what they have reached." (Babe Heffron).

I am very happy to have met both men in real-life and it hasn't changed my image about them at all. They are both very kind men who deserve all the respect. Those men have seen death, hate and anger in it's purest and hardest form. This may never be forgoten...

(I was only able to take this worthless picture as both men passed in a Jeep)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

nice!

if people havent seen the series, its definitly a masterpiece.
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

spears kicked ass

I have that entire series on DVD.

This makes me want to watch it so bad.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I have that entire series on DVD.

This makes me want to watch it so bad.
    Yeah I've got it too... I've watched it 6 times now and everytime you see it, you see something new it seems...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

i love the series, its.......somewhat the best description on how bad WWII really was.(i too have it on dvd)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I too have the DVDs, an absolutely spectacular series, one of the best I'd seen in years.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

dude, that's awesome...

I as well have the DVD...

I just found a great site about all this:

www.abandofbrothers.org

You can either choose english or dutch... It has a great photo album with 36 pages. On various photo's you can see the real men of Easy Company...

I also have got some other news. Major Richard 'Dick' Winters will recieve the highest decoration of honour from Eindhoven. Our mayor will soon travel to his house in the US to formally give it to him.

wow you actually met them? thats amazing. I have the series and have watched it many many times over. I became a sort of emotionally-attatched fanatic on Band of Brothers for a while so I appreciate how you mustve felt

i really love this series. and these men deserve respect.
    autozine.org

I have it on cassette tape and hope to get it on VHS next week...
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

That's amazing. To actually meet Heffron and Guarnere must've been so cool. Those guys are living heroes.

Thread Information