Thread: Renault Nepta Concept

Renault Nepta Concept

Nepta: A prestige cabriolet for genuine driving pleasure

Renault is unveiling its new Nepta concept car, a four-seater cabriolet
    with fluid lines and a thoroughbred profile. The low-slung body shape is an
    expression of elegance and movement, while the spacious and comfortable
    interior has all the hallmarks of a top-end model. Nepta is a dynamic four-seater GT cabriolet, offering performance at the wheelthat is worthy of a prestige sedan.

“The breath-taking proportions and innovative elegance of Nepta are a clear expression of Renault's great tradition in body style design. With its unique opening panels and a style that combines volume and vitality, Nepta is a resolutely modern vehicle.”

An attractive and dynamic cabriolet

This flowing, elegant four-seater cabriolet is an expression of Renault’s vision of driving pleasure. The wave-shaped side panels give an impression of fluidity and highlight Nepta’s long body shape; an effect that is further enhanced by the special anodic aluminium colour treatment on the lower part of the body shell, the mud flaps and the front and rear
    spoilers.

The front end is simple yet expressive. The LED headlights are made up of three assemblies: the daytime running lights, the dipped and main beam
    headlights and the steering lights. The headlights use a technology based on the reflection and propagation of light. The light beam from the main headlights is reflected by crystal-shaped transparent blocks that are electronically controlled for more precise lighting. The quantity and distribution of the light automatically adapts to the driving conditions. The rounded forms of the front wings are enhanced by the innovative boomerang-shaped indicator lights, positioned at the top of the lighting units.

The long and tapered rear end, which is punctuated by the crystals of the rear lights, adds a further sense of movement to Nepta. The overhang is longer at the rear than at the front, highlighting the vehicle’s attractive proportions and flowing line. Nepta is an echo of the golden age of automotive styling, while remaining resolutely modern and innovative. Nepta is a combination of the dream car and the love of fine mechanical engineering. The motor-driven gull wing doors open to reveal the interior and the engine, which is elegantly housed in its compartment. The centrally positioned door hinges are covered by polished aluminium panels representing a shooting star that runs the full length of the front bonnet,
    contributing to the impression of movement that the body shell creates.
    The doors are fitted with electronic obstacle detectors and an anti-pinch device for greater safety.

A luxuriously welcoming and roomy interior

Nepta boasts all the features found in prestige models with discreet technology for greater on-board comfort. The dashboard appears to be suspended, while the extensions of the windscreen illuminate the pedal
    unit and make for a bright and clear driving station. The rev counter and cone-shaped instruments are surrounded by leather trim. The design of the
    instruments pays tribute to vehicles of the past, while the aluminium
    treatment adds a modern touch.

The combination of analogue and digital displays is a further expression
    of classic cars and the modern era. The air conditioning controls located
    at each end of the dashboard can be independently adjusted by each
    occupant and combine advanced technology and ease of use.

The intuitive controls are inspired by the Touch Design approach. The centrally-mounted, rotary gear shift is easy and comfortable to use. The conveniently positioned multimedia information controls can be easily reached, while the stalk switches and control paddles mounted on the steering wheel are designed to match the shape of the driver’s hands.
    The seats are fixed, but the steering wheel and the pedals can be adjusted by a motor-driven mechanism to match the driver’s dimensions.

The dashboard features special storage compartments for glasses and
    other personal objects, while the central console also has a sliding cubby located between the rear seats. The red leather upholstery creates
    an impression of continuity between the vehicle interior and the engine
    compartment. Both bench seats are coated with leather decorated with
    printed patterns. The four comfortable seats are secured to the floor by
    aluminium struts reminiscent of sailing boats.

DVD screens with folding protective covers are installed in the upper sections of the backs of the front seats. The lower sections are decorated with elegant leather netting that is ideal for storing magazines. The rear passengers are protected against turbulence by the transparent air deflectors positioned between the front and rear seats.

A powerplant designed for pleasure

Nepta’s longitudinally mounted 3.5-liter V6 petrol engine is the embodiment of pleasure at the wheel. This 420hp powerplant takes just 4.9 seconds to
    reach 100kph from a standing start. Coupled to the seven-speed automatic gearbox with flick-shift controls mounted on the steering wheel, this direct
    injection petrol engine combines an outstanding drive with a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.

Valeo

Nepta’s lighting systems use high-performance LEDs (light-emitting diodes). The colour of the LEDs improves visibility and is more gentle on the eyes. The LEDs are more durable than current light sources and consume less energy, making them the ideal choice for future vehicles. At the front, the dipped and main beam functions are housed in a single unit. They use Valeo’s T.I.R. (Total Internal Reflection) technology, which is based on the faculty of light to be propagated and reflected through matter without
    loss. This technology, which is also used in optical fibres, is applied in this case to the three dimensions of a block of crystal, offering improved
    performance, more compact parts and a unique appearance.

The main beam lamps feature a steering function that switches on a line of LEDs as the steering wheel is turned. Nepta is the first vehicle in the world fitted with rear lights that use Valeo’s 2.5D technology, which allows for a whole new approach to the design of signalling functions. Based on the combination of LEDs and light guides, this technology brings together more
    compact dimensions and greater freedom in shape design.

Michelin

This tyre was designed specifically to take account of the aerodynamic constraints related to the effects of speed and the loads generated by
    the tyre as it moves through the air. The effect is created by a tread with a large pattern that is shallow and gradually deepens from the inner to the outer shoulder. The shape of the tread is reminiscent of the air flows and the vortex effect.

The inside, which is smoother and more solid,provides the stiffness required to transmit the engine torque and provide traction, very much like a slick tyre. The tread on the outer shoulder is deeper for better grip and improved control of vehicle direction.

The outer wall of this tyre was designed for a more sporty drive and increased comfort, while retaining the road-holding and the grip offered by
    the PAX tyre.

TECHNICAL DATA SHEET

Dimensions

Overall length 4,995mm
    Door length 3,760mm
    Width (excluding rear view mirrors) 1,956mm
    Height 1,332mm
    Height with doors open
    (excluding rear view mirrors)
    1,864mm
    Wheelbase 2,845mm
    Front and rear track 1,674mm
    Front overhang 890mm
    Rear overhang 1,260mm
    Ground clearance 175mm
    Unladen weight 1,490kg

Powertrain

Engine V6 3.5-liter 24 V IDE twin-turbo petrol engine
    Power 309 kW / 420hp and max. torque of 560Nm at 3,000rpm
    Acceleration 0 to 100kph in 4.9s
    Consumption Max. CO2 emission of 222g/km, i.e. fuel consumption of 9.4l/100km in standard cycle
    Gearbox 7-speed automatic with steering wheel-mounted flick-shift

Transmission

Rear wheel drive with front, longitudinally-mounted engine

23’’ wheels

Tyres: PAX 275-710 R 750 EOLUS

Partners

Valeo Total Internal Reflection technology for the front lighting functions
    Exclusive 2.5D technology using LEDs / light guides for the rear lights
    Steering function that switches on a line of LEDs as the steering wheel is turned
    Michelin EOLUS tyres
    Montupet Special 23’’ lightweight alloy wheels, six brushed and polished aluminium struts

Interior equipment

• Four independent seats made of leather with printed decorations
    • Anti-turbulence air deflectors between the front and rear seats
    • Motor-driven adjustment of the steering wheel and pedal positions
    • Analogue and digital instruments
    • DVD screens in the backrests of the front seats with folding protective covers

Exterior equipment

• Motor-driven gull wing doors for access to the front and rear seats and the engine compartment
    • Electronic obstacle detection and anti-pinch devices
    • Carbon bodywork
    • High-performance LED lighting and signalling functions
    • Canvas hood with rigid cover
    • Anti-roll bars that can be mounted at the rear
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Cool lights...I thought they were P.B. headlights...most cars use them now

Renault Nepta Concept #5

I already LOVE this car.

great car. i love the way its doors open.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Holy frick. That's amazing!
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Renault Nepta Concept #6
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information