Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Marino GP

I enjoyed that race since they were actually racing. The last few have started well and just become a procession IMO. I liked this closer racing. Hopfully we'll get more of it.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

We usually get the direct ITV broadcast, but that last 15 lap battle, we got to see basically all of it, minus about 1-2 minutes of ads in the middle. I think its just the ITV commentary we get though, Network 10 have gone to an ad simultaneously with ITV before and came back before ITV, so Bill Woods and Neil Crompton have had to make up their own commentary, probably better than ITV's anyway, and bridge the 1 minute gap before ITV came back.
    I am the Stig

Well ITV have put a large apology up on their web site - but still not really offering any chance that in the future it won't happen again.

In fact from the description give it would suggest that it twill happen MORE often if we have close racing !!! WTF

ALSO, Button's Honda is below weight. The Italian steward accepted BAR explanation that although it weighed below the minimum 600kg dry weight with driver that during the race the fuel level was never low enough to dip below the minimum weight !! HOW they managed to pull that one I don't' know.

It's going to the FIA for final decision, so Button and Honda may lose the points.

Rightly so too. The regs are clear, HOW they conned the Italian stewards on the day I dont' know !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus
    I couldn't agree more Cov. ITV obviously know they screwed up as they showed the final laps after the race - but they had to cut off the end of the press conference to make way for it!! Idiots.

If only the BBC would buy back the rights for F1...
    That would be fun: than I could chose between 3 diferent channels to watch F1!
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I said last season that unless it was interesting I was giving up F1 - the first four races were good (in parts). Having seen that from now on it looks like another Schumacher/Ferrari whitewash + all the crap you have to put up with from ITV; Barcelona will probably be my last GP untill next season.

Maybe not if McLaren's "new and improved" package proves better or equal to the Ferrari ensuring some semblance of competition, and I might watch Spa; which usually proves to be a good race.

Depressing isn't it?
    You're almost as depressing as Coventry!!
    Ferrari's pace was down to the tyres. Who knows which maufacturer will get it right for Barcelona? Michelin do most of their testing at that track, so it should be interesting. (Yeah, If Kimi's Mac can make the distance)
    Pulling CV's

Well, I got a personal apology from ITV but I imagine it is simply a copy and paste of the apology on their website. However, I am staging my own little protest by not giving their website any more hits and denting their advertising revenue by at least £0.05 a year.

Here is their pathetic reply in full. Sorry it is so long and note they spell Jenson's name wrong... they are obviously still idiots:

"ITV would like to apologise for cutting to a break at the climax of yesterday's Grand Prix and we are sorry that it affected your enjoyment of the race.

As you are probably aware, we always try to cut to adverts during the least contentious parts of the action and update viewers with anything they may have missed as soon as possible after the commercials.

ITV is contractually obliged to include a certain number of adverts during the race - we are a commercial channel and Formula One is a commercial sport.

On Sunday, the race was very exciting throughout and it was a tough call as to when to cut to adverts - for example, we didn't want to interrupt the race when Jensen Button was in the lead. Our production team make these decisions and have done so since we started F1 coverage in 1997, by and large they get it right.

In the event we delayed taking the break until the last moment but had to do so with three laps to go. Yesterday's race was a particularly difficult one to call as Michael Schumacher caught Fernando Alonso so spectacularly. It appeared that he would take the lead at any moment and we were reluctant to cut away from the action.

Unfortunately, the pass moment never came and we were forced to take the scheduled break too close to the finish. Coverage returned for the final lap to see Schumacher and Alonso battling for the lead. We know it is of little consolation but their positions didn't change hands during the advert break and we screened the final three laps in their entirety after the race finished.

Nonetheless, we are well aware that the timing of this advert upset many viewers and can only apologise to you again.

Whilst the strategy for cutting to adverts is not an exact science, we will do our utmost to ensure that this scenario does not happen again in future and your comments have been passed on to the production team plus the Controller of ITV Sport.

Thank you for writing in to us.

From the Duty Office, ITV"

Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

What's the email address for complaining at ITV?
    Thanks for all the fish

go to www.itv-f1.com and their is a feeback/comment button
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information