Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Aguri

Quote Originally Posted by dimlight
    Lets just focus on points, podiums and grand prix wins, not sponsorpship .
    But do you realise that is what the "sport" is abotu ?
    Since Bernie made it a circus it is ONLY about attracting the sponsors -- hence some of the crazy changes over the last 20 years
    By wnning you only enable the team to attract bigger and better sponsors for longer contracts enabling higher investment.
    Hate to say it, but this is the new Minardi.
    What do you REALLY know abotu Minardi ?
    In 1996, they gave Giancarlo Fisichella his first break, and since then Jarno Trulli, Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber have been launched by the team.
    Would all these good drivers have maanged to win a seat in the big teams ?
    Smaller teams have always been very good at spotting the talent adn growing it for the driver to then move to better teams. Without them we'd have likely ended up with more inexperienced idiots driving around in some of the best equipment out there Minardi has produced better talent than IRL and Cart for F1
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Since Bernie made it a circus it is ONLY about attracting the sponsors -- hence some of the crazy changes over the last 20 years
    By wnning you only enable the team to attract bigger and better sponsors for longer contracts enabling higher investment.

In 1996, they gave Giancarlo Fisichella his first break, and since then Jarno Trulli, Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber have been launched by the team.
    Smaller teams have always been very good at spotting the talent adn growing it for the driver to then move to better teams. Without them we'd have likely ended up with more inexperienced idiots driving around in some of the best equipment out there Minardi has produced better talent than IRL and Cart for F1

Yes .. THAT i know about Minardi Matra.. they give breaks.. but they DONT win.. im focusing on winning.. not achievements.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Yes .. THAT i know about Minardi Matra.. they give breaks.. but they DONT win.. im focusing on winning.. not achievements.
    The Honda team you cited earlier have yet to win a race.
    As do Toyota. Oh, and BMW-Sauber. And the two Red Bulls.
    You see, half the teams on the grid haven't won a race - are you saying they're all wasting their time?

It was a shame to see Minardi go

Quote Originally Posted by dorricc
    The Honda team you cited earlier have yet to win a race.
    As do Toyota. Oh, and BMW-Sauber. And the two Red Bulls.
    You see, half the teams on the grid haven't won a race - are you saying they're all wasting their time?

NEVER.. but what good does it do to have a new engine with an old chassis ???? These new cars rely on cutting breeze rather than powerful engines. These guys were 4 seconds slower than the slowest cars on track the other day.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

And they are building a new car....which, for all we know, is probably an up-to-date design based on maybe a previous BAR. The Arrows is just a place holder....Like I said, they bothered to run the old car(and bothered to update it) is to satisfy whatever their money source demend. They need to be there on the grid at Bahrain, and this allows them to do so. Besides, a powerful engine certainly can't hurt, 2002's Arrows, ironically, lacks one....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

and missing 90% of the sport
    Sorry, you are the kind of "fan" Bernie built his business on attracting
    Why I hated him

They DO "win" just not in the narrow way you want to judge the sport by !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

and missing 90% of the sport
    Sorry, you are the kind of "fan" Bernie built his business on attracting
    Why I hated him

They DO "win" just not in the narrow way you want to judge the sport by !!!!!

So you hate me
    "In UCP I TRUST".

NEVER.. but what good does it do to have a new engine with an old chassis ???? These new cars rely on cutting breeze rather than powerful engines. These guys were 4 seconds slower than the slowest cars on track the other day.
    Just not getting how to succeed in a sport
    You'd rather EVERY team bank-rolled a MASSIVE organisation and development like Toyota ?? How many wins has that got them ??? ( I'll naswer for you -- 4th has been their best )

Stewart-F1 were an evolutionary development team that was getting to the top -- until a fool organisation decided they could do better by OUT-spending and took over the team. Yeah good move Ford

SO WHY should a team want to do what you suggest ??????

So you hate me
    No, what I said -- please re read - was I hated Bernie.

I pity you

Renault started from scratch in 2002 and had awful results until they decided to drop the 110 degree engine at the end of 2003. By 2005 they were world champions. This points out that you need time and money to develop a winning team.

Auguri Suzuki besides being an ex-F1 driver (not too good I have to say) runs the Dome racing team in Japan. That teams runs some Honda NSX in the japanase touring car championsip with some succes. I guess it would be the Japanese equivalent of Prodrive entering F1 (which they are in 2008, but that's other news).

SA might not give good results this year, but if they are well funded and have the correct talent at hand, they *could* be at the front in a couple years, you never know.
    Last edited by magracer; 03-01-2006 at 11:19 AM.
    Zag when they Zig

No, what I said -- please re read - was I hated Bernie.

I pity you

F1 is very complex, to me at least. I remember watching it when i was a kid, I remmeber Mansell, Senna, Schumi, Hill .. all of those guys .. it was much more exciting.. but this Bernie guy isnt doing so bad. It has attracted far more ppl. I live in Dominican Republic and oohhh God how much women watch F1 now.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Renault started from scratch in 2002 and had awful results until they decided to drop the 110 degree engine at the end of 2003. By 2005 they were world champions. This points out that you need time and money to develop a winning team.

Auguri Suzuki besides being an ex-F1 driver (not too good I have to say) runs the Dome racing team in Japan. That teams runs some Honda NSX in the japanase touring car championsip with some succes. I guess it would be the Japanese equivalent of Prodrive entering F1 (which they are in 2008, but that's other news).

SA might not give good results this year, but if they are well funded and have the correct talent at hand, they *could* be at the front in a couple years, you never know.

But they had experience already and were the best engine suppliers on F1. Not to mention that they introduced the V10 engine.
    "In UCP I TRUST".

But they had experience already and were the best engine suppliers on F1. Not to mention that they introduced the V10 engine.
    And yet they still got it wrong with the wide-angle V10....the 72 degree engine they are running now had to be based on the Supertec(aka, 1997 Renault V10) as they scrap the wide angle....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

but this Bernie guy isnt doing so bad. It has attracted far more ppl.
    Well on that basis NASCAR is the best motorsport out there :cough:

Thread Information