Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    don't knwo if you were listening, but Porsche isn't profitable recently...
    Haha, I havenīt. My Porsche comment was fail, I accept that. But still there must be a commercial reason why they keep selling 2WD and 4WD regular 911īs.

Maybe Lambo is changing the strategy. Maybe their marketing dudes didnīt see the need for RWD carsītil now. As you said yourself it is an experiment. Maybe thatīs what they learned from their track-tuned Superleggera. "Why make a track only car when you can make a harder-core but still luxurious version?"

I absolutely concur on your comments on why make a V10 R8 and differentiating from the R8 before.

EDIT: And btw Iīll take mine in the older body style, with the new wheels and green. Good taste is a dreadful thing, as Picasso said it so rightly.
    Last edited by teatako; 06-29-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Haha, I havenīt. My Porsche comment was fail, I accept that. But still there must be a commercial reason why they keep selling 2WD and 4WD regular 911īs.

Maybe Lambo is changing the strategy. Maybe their marketing dudes didnīt see the need for RWD carsītil now. As you said yourself it is an experiment. Maybe thatīs what they learned from their track-tuned Superleggera. "Why make a track only car when you can make a harder-core but still luxurious version?"

I absolutely concur on your comments on why make a V10 R8 and differentiating from the R8 before.
    I was referring to the Superleggera as "the experiment" as opposed to this, but you may be right.
    Still think that has an harder-core car 30 kg are an save weight I wouldn't even quote in the press release. All at once Edo's 2wd Murcielago with a saved weight of just 70 kg makes a huge sense, or at least it stands for a good engineering achievement...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Well, that tells you theyīre very serious about their shedding weight

Itīs a different kind of "hardcore", more hedonistic, less wannabe racer/petrolhead. Very Lambo. However,the driving characteristics ought to be very noticeably more exciting, or else itīs fail.

Who knows, if this goes well, we might get a really nice 2WD hardcore Gallardo ā la Scud, but with carpets. Thatīd make me happy.
    Last edited by teatako; 06-29-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

The proof thereīs a place in the world for a 2WD Gallardo is thereīs a certain company that sells RWD and 4WD versions of their sportscars. Which happens to be a very profitable one.
    I thought it was the other way round...

I'm with teatako, I don't think the experiment (if there's one) is within the hardcoreness of it. It's within the rear wheel driveness of it, if there's any.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I agree with all of the arguments above, but whatever...

I'm disappointed.

I'm fine with 10 less bhp, but only 30 less kg... come on. Lambo, remove at least 100 kg, ditch everything that's luxury and give us an hardcore version of the Gallardo in which we can die in a fiery fireball doing barrel rolls through the Pearly Gates.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 06-29-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

EDIT: And btw Iīll take mine in the older body style, with the new wheels and green. Good taste is a dreadful thing, as Picasso said it so rightly.
    Porsche is not profitable because they bought more than they could handle. As far as selling cars and making money on them goes, I think they're doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I agree with all of the arguments above, but whatever...

I'm disappointed.

I'm fine with 10 less bhp, but only 30 less kg... come on. Lambo, remove at least 100 kg, ditch everything that's luxury and give us an hardcore version of the Gallardo in which we can die in a fiery fireball doing barrel rolls through the Pearly Gates.
    agreed, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Porsche is not profitable because they bought more than they could handle. As far as selling cars and making money on them goes, I think they're doing just fine.

agreed, absolutely.
    A 30% drop in sale could have helped their own crisis though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    is everyone really missing the most important thing-- that 2 at the end of the name would refer to it being rwd... which would be very interesting indeed. probably considerably lighter and drive way different than any other gallardo
    +1

I would love to see this car in RWD, it certainly should weight less, the only major problem with the -4 models thus far, oh and the understeer should be gone.

Officially Official: Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (968.6 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (790.3 KB, 8 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (935.9 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (749.9 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (997.7 KB, 3 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

I still can't understand this car. And I tried reading the press release.

This also bodes very well with what Lamborghini's boss said about four wheel drive being an integral part of Lamborghini's DNA time ago...

And by the way if I was a ma like Balboni with such a history within the company I'd be annoyed that the car that honours me is an Audi.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And by the way if I was a ma like Balboni with such a history within the company I'd be annoyed that the car that honours me is an Audi.
    LOL, too funny.

They should have built him a one-off Diablo 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    these article may be a little help about the details...

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 in the works? | Motorward

it says there that it will be limited to only 250 units and it will be cheaper than the LP560 by almost 10 percent.
    Sadly, it won't. The price is actually shooting up $20,000 & Lamborghini has decided to add Valentino Balboni's name to it, calling it another special edition model.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    But... but they are!

I like the rear wheel driveness of it, but why make it lighter and then stuff it full of equipment? Why have an engine 10bhp less than the four wheel drive car? Why have that awful paint scheme?
    You've been asking for rear wheel drive from Lamborghini for such a long time, and when they deliver it - you complain! The relative weight of it is puzzling though - what was added? The less power is very odd as well - why not a bit more power. Isn't that how limited editions work?

I woulda figured for you Ferrer that the fact it was rear wheel drive would eliminate the other "problems" with this car. I recall reading a review of the 560-4 and it was amazing; I don't doubt that this one will be amazing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    You've been asking for rear wheel drive from Lamborghini for such a long time, and when they deliver it - you complain! The relative weight of it is puzzling though - what was added? The less power is very odd as well - why not a bit more power. Isn't that how limited editions work?

I woulda figured for you Ferrer that the fact it was rear wheel drive would eliminate the other "problems" with this car. I recall reading a review of the 560-4 and it was amazing; I don't doubt that this one will be amazing either.
    I like the fact that it is rear wheel drive. And I also like the press pics with a manual car, no flappy paddle nonsense.

But I still can't understand it. As you say why 10bhp less? And why lighten but then add a ton of equipment? Experiments? Limited editions?

In my opinion there should no experiments or anything, just make all Lambos rear wheel drive and call it a day. I honestly can't see the point of this car, altough that doesn't mean I hate it.
    Visca Catalunya!

Would this car be your selection in the current Lamborghini lineup?

Thread Information