Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citroen again

Citroen again

Again Seb Loeb assured victory in the Germany Rallye, third consecutive victory in three years time. Sainz came third, behind Duval. Conditions were absolutely abysmal, with have rains and thunderstorms making the track very slippery. Gronholm crashed out of the rallye in the first corner olf the first stage. Solberg crashed out, Panizzi had a very have crash with the EVO and the respective stages had to be stopped.
    Good to see the old Xsara doing so well before its replacement by the C4.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Old Astra in Btcc, is that due to be replaced by the new Astra?? oh hell, wait for it.
    Sorry miss read the thread post, im an idiot.
    Last edited by UK CARS; 08-22-2004 at 01:42 PM.

wasnt Duval amazing though 44 seconds behind and then at one time was in a lowish place 1 min behing and he managed to finsh 2nd 42 ? seconds behind

Ford and Duval are going to be a great partnership in the cmoing years, If he could just get as good on the other surfaces as he is on Tarmac then he would be amazing.

well done to Loeb for getting his Hatrick, ha the 3 years the rally has been part of the WRC he has won them all

im not too happy that Martin was just costing the whole rally i feel that even after being 44 seconds down after the first stage he should still of kept pushing but i guess after tha off in argentina and seeing solbergs accident he thaught it better to keep on track
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Solberg's crash was a bad one, the rollcage didn't do too well.
    They were lucky to get out uninjured I think.

As to it being "too dangerous" as the ITV commentators intimated is proposterous. Most of the drivers were on cut slicks or intemediates, why not use full wets if it is that bad? Or just use common sense and don't push your luck.

Gronholm was on cold slicks, and went speeding into the first corner, with no real idea of what grip levels were like, and as a result went off backwards into the shrubbery.

Loeb entered the corner about 10mph slower, survived the corner, and won the stage.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Old Astra in Btcc, is that due to be replaced by the new Astra?? oh hell, wait for it.

whats that all about i think he means that he is happy to see that the Xsara is doing well before its exit for the NEW C4 rally car looks like a good car
    i dont know what your on about does that have anyting to do with this convo ?
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Eh?
    Thanks for all the fish

Does anyone have any pics or videos of solbergs crash?

also has anyone else noticed how Duval always has his tongue out licking his lips whilst he is driving

If you are an Opel fan, I hope it will
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Does anyone have any pics or videos of solbergs crash?
    Just for you
    The added blue lines drawn on show what USED to be the straight section of the roll cage above the windscreen !!!
    I'll post Pannizi's later, glad he was OK, and happy it was the drivers side for once.
    As a nav, I've had the same happen to often on my side
    also has anyone else noticed how Duval always has his tongue out licking his lips whilst he is driving
    Surprised, I was warned when I started out and I DID learn the hard way and now don't.

Imagine a crash like Solbergs with your tongue between your teeth - YEP it hurts
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thanks Peter, have you got that show recorded or something ?, bit of a poor pic but i can just about see where the guys are and that the cage is in a real mess, imagine if it wasnt there

did you see that concrete block that he hit ?? when they had a shot of what it was there was no damage to the block atall didnt even move a bit

Surprised, I was warned when I started out and I DID learn the hard way and now don't.
    i have always thaught that it was strange why he did that, bet it wont be a pretty ite once he crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    Thanks Peter, have you got that show recorded or something ?,
    Yes, will gab tonights summary too.
    If I can't watch it coz I'm working I tend to use the computer to grab it and watch it later and occasioanlly edit clips out for use elseqhere
    bit of a poor pic
    It's a grab from the video clip so the car was still boucing arund - pretty much a miracle the camera was still working
    did you see that concrete block that he hit ?? when they had a shot of what it was there was no damage to the block atall didnt even move a bit
    As these are there to make sure the tanks don't stray off the road when on exercise, a 1200kg rally car is NOTHING comparied to a 70 ton tank !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    As these are there to make sure the tanks don't stray off the road when on exercise, a 1200kg rally car is NOTHING comparied to a 70 ton tank !!!

suppose thats a good point, those things must be stuck so far in the ground and then concreted in

stupid block... why was it there?
    Anyway, very impressive crah, and very strong car (hopefully for them... )

Panizzi's crash is impressive too, they waited 2 or 3 seconds (during their slide in the field) watching what the hell they could hit on their way. Viewing by the camera inside i would never think that the crash would be so violent. thanks to the car, both are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by biggysmalls
    stupid block... why was it there?

those roads are on an army tranining ground those are there to stop tanks from going off the road never mind cars

Loeb and Citroens . wins in Germany .. was there any doubts ??? .. none here

off topic .. BTCC .. i've heard they will replace the Astra with the Vectra
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

Thread Information