Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it that Today's Youths like rice so much?

Why is it that Today's Youths like rice so much?

Why is it that Today's Youths like rice so much? Why are they (for the most part) not into American cars? Especially when its IMHO the golden age of American cars.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    Why is it that Today's Youths like rice so much? Why are they (for the most part) not into American cars? Especially when its IMHO the golden age of American cars.
    I suppose you mean the american youths. In Europe the question would not make sense,
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well in Germany there are many asian cars as well.
    But it's not the youth who buy them.
    Many adults are positive about the reliability of asian cars.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

I had white rice yesterday, great stuff!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Style over substance. Stuff like the COPO Chevy with the plain paintjobs, bench seats and pie-plate hubcaps would make no sense to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I had white rice yesterday, great stuff!
    Uncle Ben's?
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Well in Germany there are many asian cars as well.
    But it's not the youth who buy them.
    Many adults are positive about the reliability of asian cars.
    Well he never said Asian cars... He said rice. But it did sound as "America vs Japan" from the first post.

Early93Viper, did you mean Japanese cars by any chance? Because American cars can actually be ricy too..... If being so I see an equal amount of Japanese and American cars on the streets. They both have different target markets and with the huge variety of people in the US they both end up selling well.

Japanese cars are also going through a golden era en my opinion.

http://www.anti-rice.com/ricepics/mustang.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a 205 in the Backgroundwith a Nos sticker?

Is that Rice fest?

Because the cars they're modifying are a dime a dozen. Nice examples of a Honda CRX can be found for $1500 and less. Civics are EVERYWHERE. Eclipses are everywhere. And the lesser models are cheap to insure. A 4 door, 4 cylinder VW Golf costs me $1600/year (19, no accidents or tickets they know about). I'd looked at insurance for a 2003 RSX Type S about a year ago. Insurance was roughly $3300/year. Insurance on something with 8 cylinders would most likely be in the $4000 range. Then there's gas.

The parts for imports, especially those of low-quality (the APCs of the world), are cheap. APC altezzas for a 93-99 Golf are $90 on eBay, compared with $175 I paid for my M3 style In.Pro's from Germany. An 'N1 style' exhaust is $27 on eBay, compared to $450+ for a GHL stainless steel cat-back 2.5" system. And the cheap muffler will probably end up robbing you of horsepower.

Kids will run out and buy a Neuspeed chip for $100 because it promises them gains. But if they had looked around, they'd see that a GIAC chip will net bigger gains for a little more money- and the chip is upgradable.

It takes a lot of money to make a nice domestic. It takes even more to make a nice import. Most kids simply don't have the money or attention span to save their pennies and buy quality over quantity. I blame a lot of it on the change of the tuner culture starting around the time 'those two movies' came out. There was a sudden and huge drop in the quality of modified cars. People wanted their cars to be like the ones in the movie, but after seeing the money that it took to get there, decided to chince out on it.

(I used my car as an example because I know what parts for it cost... Replace Golf with any cheap import FWD econobox.)

Sorry for the rant. I just really don't like where some of the scene has gone.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Fast and Furious .. its all down to that. Oh .. and Pimp my Ride Have the same problem here but they mainly do it with French hatchbacks. Oh how wonderful it is watching pimped Renault Clios parading Hastings seafront .. how graceful

it was the fast and the furious., a bunch of poorkids wanted to get cars that looked fast.

but what I don't understand is why they like 4 foot tall wings and 3 inch mufflers, I never get why ricers love those things.

I just think it's funny that these huge spoilers they stick on their cars do exactly the opposite of making their car perform better. Most of these cars they are modifying are front wheel drive, yet they put the spoiler on the back - hense not increasing downforce over the drive wheels. Plus they add weight and drag.

Its also funny how they put stickers on their car, as if that part magically installs itself in the car if the sticker is there!
    UCP's MR2 Turbo Guru

Ignorance mainly.
    They'll get thier first car and want to make it "fast." What they dont realise is that you could more easily get a much quicker car for cheaper money. And after "suping up" these little economy cars, they're going to eat more gas, and be higher on insurace than most other real sports cars, that they could get for cheaper, and still be faster.

Same question here: Whats up with rappers (and wannabees) putting huge ass rims on their cars, and mainly thier large SUVs? I see no appeal to that at all, it overall hurts the performance of the car, and usually downs ride quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    and be higher on insurace than most other real sports cars, that they could get for cheaper, and still be faster.
    How do you figure insurance would be more? Are you really going to tell them that you've installed $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts? Keep your receipts, take lots of pictures, and you'll be covered. But you are not obligated to tell them beforehand.

I can swap a VR6 or 1.8T into my car, and its VIN will still read as an ABA 2.0L 8 valve. That's all they need to know about my car.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 02-17-2005 at 12:16 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

[QUOTE=Quiggs]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    and be higher on insurace than most other real sports cars, that they could get for cheaper, and still be faster.[/QUOTE
    How do you figure insurance would be more? Are you really going to tell them that you've installed $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts? Keep your receipts, take lots of pictures, and you'll be covered. But you are not obligated to tell them beforehand.

I can swap a VR6 or 1.8T into my car, and its VIN will still read as an ABA 2.0L 8 valve. That's all they need to know about my car.
    Well if the kids want their "race car" to be under full coverage it would be a smart thing to do...

Thread Information