Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile acceleration : Old school vs New School

Re: 1/4 mile acceleration : Old school vs New School

Originally posted by NoOne

I'm between hot cars right now - wife giving me the "not practical with the kids" speech - but I really do see a rice burner in my future, especially when I consider the insane prices of older cars lately.
    Any comments are welcome.
    One problem with Jap cars is that despite the performance you are able to squeeze from them, they are generally small to medium sized at best. If the missus wants a car for her and the kids you wont find much in the way of perfomance oriented cars that can accomadate comfortably from Asia.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Why not try a 4 door Gs-r They did come in 4 door didn't they? of an Rx-8 it has 4 doors all be it 2 are suicide doors.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Re: Re: 1/4 mile acceleration : Old school vs New School

Originally posted by crisis
    If the missus wants a car for her and the kids you wont find much in the way of perfomance oriented cars that can accomadate comfortably from Asia.
    Infinity Q45? Acura TL 3.2S? Nissan Maxima? Honda Accord V6?

Thanx for the input guys, but I think i've almost made up my mind, A Tahoe/Yukon for family outings (3 kids, the wife and myself), and something for myself ... not sure what yet ....tho the RX 8 really does appeal to me.

I should have mentioned the garage currently holds a 2000 Ford Windstar and a 1998 Hyundai Tiburan. I'm tired of both ... especially the van , as it is our 3rd minivan.

My garage used to be a place I wa proud of ..... now it is a shrine to family transportation and practicality.

Get a station wagon what is the skyline one the stagea (kidding of course)
    But that seriously is somthing i would suggest a station wagon somthing that you can pack the family into and cart them around with luggage and in you apretime drive it around as a normal vehical. Now heres the hard part for me I know what we have here but not over there if you where here you could get a V8 holden wagon a brand new SS wagon or an Falcon wagon v8 or XR6 but over there i have no idea.
    Also there are some euro cars that might be worth looking at puegots fair move though they aint too big and for jap cars one i would suggest is the nissan silvia they arnt brand new but if you look around youll find a good one they fair move and their ok for moving people around (though getting on the small side)

some more japanese "practical" sports sedans are the infinity G35, the lexus IS300(and many other lexus's for that matter), and the new altima and maxima are nice cars bar the fact that they're fwd. im jelous of some of those aus. cars you guys have down there, why dont we have any domestics like that up here...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Re: Re: Re: 1/4 mile acceleration : Old school vs New School

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Infinity Q45? Acura TL 3.2S? Nissan Maxima? Honda Accord V6?
    Do any of these qualify as hot/performance cars. My point is that there are very few Asian performance cars that can effectively double as genuine 4-5 seaters with any degree of comfort.

Originally posted by megotmea7

im jelous of some of those aus. cars you guys have down there, why dont we have any domestics like that up here...
    Oh yeah - right

We don't have Dakotas, Rams, Silverados, Vettes, Saleens or Vipers.

I'd be real jealous if I was you.

We're finally building some V8 crew cabs and 4x4's which will give us something to thrash 'outback'

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    Oh yeah - right

We don't have Dakotas, Rams, Silverados, Vettes, Saleens or Vipers.

I'd be real jealous if I was you.

We're finally building some V8 crew cabs and 4x4's which will give us something to thrash 'outback'
    What do the yanks have that compares dollar for kw with a SS or XR6T. There are not many cars available from any manufacturers worldwide that can compare with these. There are faster, better built cars available but all for a lot more money. You wont find 230+ kw rear wheel drive large sedans anywhere else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One for the Ford fans

man thats what im talking about... we have cadillacs but their FWD with 300hp, i want a RWD car with ~300hp that i can take 4 friends along with a V8 and room for mods...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7
    man thats what im talking about... we have cadillacs but their FWD with 300hp, i want a RWD car with ~300hp that i can take 4 friends along with a V8 and room for mods...
    The closest you'll get will be a Pontiac GTO which is a two door version of the Commodore. They do have fairly good rear seating for a two door. This is the Oz series three version called a Monaro.

Just another shot of a HSV enhanced Commodore.

Originally posted by crisis
    The closest you'll get will be a Pontiac GTO which is a two door version of the Commodore. They do have fairly good rear seating for a two door. This is the Oz series three version called a Monaro.
    Mercury Marauder? Can you say 300hp RWD sedan?

A little bland looking but I cant argue with that much HP, V8, RWD and a blower.

Thread Information