Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dutch real estate agent sells 30 Ferrari's

Dutch real estate agent sells 30 Ferrari's

The Eindhoven real estate agent Harrie van de Moesdijk gained a couple of million Euro's, but lost 30 Ferrari's. Thursday he sold a part of his Ferrari collection.

Van de Moesdijk now has 'only' 20 Ferrari's left (with amongst others a F40, F50 en three Enzo's), which he all keeps in his possession. The cars were already for sale for several weeks. But after an ad was placed in the Netherlands's biggest newspaper (de Telegraaf), all Ferrari's were sold in no time. There is no information about which Ferrari's were sold and how many money was involved.

On a side note: Harrie van de Moesdijk is known for owning and selling some of the most expensive houses in Eindhoven, including a villa worth around €8 million. Van de Moesdijk also gained publicity by offering the city council € 26 million for the Philips Stadium, home of football club PSV Eindhoven.
    Last edited by jorismo; 01-17-2008 at 08:07 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

has the housing/credit crisis hit Holland?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Future note-to-self: Sell car in the "de Telegraaf".
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    has the housing/credit crisis hit Holland?
    I don't know. Perhaps it has got something to do with the storage of the cars. When vd Akker Audi & Bentley opened their new showroom in Best, he financed the entire second floor. This became his private showroom for his car, including the F40, F50 and Enzo. But there is no way 50 cars could fit in their.

BTW, his wife drives a fire truck red Bentley Continental, most tasteless colour ever on a Bentley.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

He supposedly needed to free some cash to build an art collection. So he sold one collection for another.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Wouter, since you know a bit more information about his man I have got a question. The thing about him owning three Enzo's, is that true? Because somehow I thinks this is a bit of a metaphor.

There are quite some errors in that article. There was only 1 Enzo btw.

--- yesterday:

The Dutchman Harrie van de Moesdijk has had it with his car collection. He says it gives him too much ballast. He enjoyed it, but wants to collect paintings now (he wants to buy 1 painting with the proceeds of this sale). He's also selling his other cars. An SLR 722 has allready been sold and he cancelled his orders for his 2nd and 3rd Veyron.
    He will keep his Bugatti blue Veyron, Phantom Black Edition, Drophead Coupé, Continental T, Ferrari 328 (his 1st Ferrari), 430 Scuderia and 612 Sessanta.

There's no rush - the cars will only be sold for a good price. Apparently someone allready made a bid on the GTO, F40 and F50.

--- this morning:

Frits Kroymans bought all of the Ferrari's, says Van de Moesdijk in an interview. Supposedly for around 7,5 million euros.

BTW: of the 51 cars 33 are Ferrari's.

- BNR Nieuwsradio

edit: the 599 and the F40 were sold to other people

Well I guess that's the story then. I just translated the article that was on the teletext service of Omroep Brabant....

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Wouter, since you know a bit more information about his man I have got a question. The thing about him owning three Enzo's, is that true? Because somehow I thinks this is a bit of a metaphor.
    Well, he wanted a yellow and black one too (at least that was on several car sites). He tried purchasing a black one from Japan, but the owner didn't want to sell after all.

Quote Originally Posted by basman007 View Post
    Well, he wanted a yellow and black one too (at least that was on several car sites). He tried purchasing a black one from Japan, but the owner didn't want to sell after all.
    And the rumour I heard is that he owns a red, blue and yellow one... But I guess he doesn't anymore seeing he sold almost all his Ferrari's now.

Apparantly he had a problem remembering which car he drove last.
    He'd leave his sunglasses in one car, his wallet in another, and just got fed up chasing and finding his stuff.

Here, have a look:

Petrolhead.nl Te koop: 51 Ferrari's

Only one Enzo in the pictures, but four 360s (spider, CS, challenge (hot!), coupe).

Don't have a clue what the article says thou...

p.s. exchanging "performing art" for art = epic fail IMHO
    Zag when they Zig

I love red Ferrari's, but when you have 33, for the love of God you need to have at least one that isn't red!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by macoran View Post
    Apparantly he had a problem remembering which car he drove last.
    He'd leave his sunglasses in one car, his wallet in another, and just got fed up chasing and finding his stuff.
    oh, the poor bastard.

Buy more sunglasses. When talking about money in these kinds of proportions its only chum change anyway.

Apparantly Frits Kroymans has purchased the whole lot of them.

Thread Information