Thread: Courage LC70/75 2006-

Courage LC70/75 2006-

The Courage LMP1 car LC70 came actually in two versions and several raced both as LMP1 and LMP 2.

This is chassis 1, shown in two different liveries, both as LMP 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by henk4; 09-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Chassis 2

first as Swiss Spirit,with the Judd V10 and then the AER powered LMP2 version in three different liveries.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Chassis 3, first with the AER V8, then with Mugen power and finally as Oreca during the tests in 2008, just before it got rebodied.

Chassis 4, with the Judd engine as far as I know

Chassis 5 wuth Mugen power and Japanese sponsorship.

Thanks Henk

BTW, best way to tell what engine is in what car is by looking at the left hand "headrest" or the sidepods in front of the rear wheels.

If the restrictors are stacked on on top of the other, it's the Mugen 4.5 V8, if it's got two stacked between the rollover bars, then it's the Judd 5.0 V10, if they're in the LH headrest at an angle, then it's the 5.5 Judd V10 as installed by Oreca.

Finally, they'll have the AER 3.6 TT V8 (LMP1) or 2.0T 4 (LMP2) if they have the turbo snorkels that are were/are the trade mark of the AER line of turbo engines. The LMP2 will have 1, the LMP1 would have 2.

Is that about it, or is there more? I know that HQ photos of those cars have to be fairly rare.

Also, the first and last car pictured in post 1 is a Pilbeam 93 LMP2 car from 2006, another rarely encountered car.
    Last edited by Chernaudi; 09-03-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Thanks, I have replaced the Pilbeam shots with three from the real LC75. I have several more of mostly the LMP2 cars. Do you actually want me to post them?

here are some more action shots of chassis 1 in LMP2 guise

Sure. I'm not big time into the LMP2 cars, but it would complete the thread.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Chassis two as LMP2 in two different liveries
    Last edited by henk4; 09-03-2014 at 11:47 PM.

another livery as LMP of chassis 2.

Here chassis 3 as LMP 1, the mishap is at the Nurburgring.

There's just something charming about these cars, especially the LMP1 versions, flawed though they were until HPD/Acura and Oreca worked their magic on them.

The LC70 always seemed to be let down by less than optimal engine combinations in spite of their speed and winning poles and leading races in '06 and being among the fastest non-diesel LMP1 cars at some races in '07, namely the Nurburging where one of the cars could've podiumed if not for a spin.

But then Oreca bought control in Courage Competition, and rebodied the LMP1 cars twice in as many years. But the chassis and crash structures found their way into the Oreca 01 and 03, and the FLM09/LMPC cars are based on the LC70's chassis, crash structure, gearbox, and bodywork.

Would you or anyone else here have some shots of the LMP1 LC70s at Monza in '07 where they ran the jury-rigged mesh "louvers" in the engine covers? Or what about Le Mans the same year, or are all those photos in the feature article on these cars?

Courage LC70/75 #10
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Courage LC70/75 #11
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information