So earlier this morning, at around 0500 (5:00am) I felt something that was similar to the garage door opening - the house felt like it was mildly vibrating, and being right over the garage, this would have been the second time in my memory that someone tried to get in there (My room is right above the garage). I didn't really think much of it, being more confused than anything....and about an hour later found out a very mild (3.6) earthquake had hit the Washington D.C. metro area!

I am not really worried, but more amazed as I have never heard of an earthquake in this area before. My oldest sister recently came home from where she lives now (San Diego), and was talking about how she had experienced her first earthquake recently and am now rather amazed as I had thought "This sort of information won't apply to me for a while". As said, I don't even know when the last "quake" here was.

Given that a lot of people here live in far more earthquake-prone areas than the tectonically quiet mid-Atlantic USA, anyone have any stories to share?