Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing circuits from the air

Racing circuits from the air

I was flying to Munich on Monday for business and looked out of the window about half way through my journey. I recognised a shape carved out of the dark green carpet below - it was an amazingly clear day! Took me a few seconds to realise that I was staring down at Spa Francorchamps. Have any of you seen GP (or any racing) circuits from the air? Which ones? (and no Google Earth doesn't count!!)

Edit: I can move this to Misc. threads if it bothers anyone that it is in the Racing forum.
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

Spa as well, on trip down from Amsterdam

and I hope and expect that you consider Munich to be one of the lousiests airports in Europe
    Last edited by henk4; 09-23-2005 at 01:13 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Depends if you fly Lufthansa (or Star Alliance). If you do, you get to fly from the new terminal and it's OK. If not, it's pretty sh!tty.

Do you get to Spa very often - as a "local" lad? One of my sales guys in Belgium has been promising to get tickets for the Belgian GP as corporate entertainment for clients and says I'll be one of the first in the queue. 5 years on, I've still not been

RIP Richard Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus
    Depends if you fly Lufthansa (or Star Alliance). If you do, you get to fly from the new terminal and it's OK. If not, it's pretty sh!tty.

Do you get to Spa very often - as a "local" lad? One of my sales guys in Belgium has been promising to get tickets for the Belgian GP as corporate entertainment for clients and says I'll be one of the first in the queue. 5 years on, I've still not been
    normally once a year, but only for the historics, modern F1 does not provide enough value for money.

(if Munich is your destination then you are lucky, if you have to catch a transfer, then you are in deep shit...even with Lufthansa, they don't like the airport either)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thankfully I rarely transfer, usually I am lucky enough that there is a direct flight heading to my destination. Or at least I stay in Munich and get driven around at ridiculous speeds by colleagues.

Last F1 race I went to at Silverstone was 2 years ago. Tickets were ridiculous. Pretty good race tho'. Where would you recommend sitting at Spa? Radillon must have a good (if not rather brief) view of the cars.

RIP Richard Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutus
    Thankfully I rarely transfer, usually I am lucky enough that there is a direct flight heading to my destination. Or at least I stay in Munich and get driven around at ridiculous speeds by colleagues.

Last F1 race I went to at Silverstone was 2 years ago. Tickets were ridiculous. Pretty good race tho'. Where would you recommend sitting at Spa? Radillon must have a good (if not rather brief) view of the cars.
    The Raidillon grandstand shows the cars coming out of La source (in the distance) and then until they really pass you. The Grandstand opposite the original pit box section (so after the La source hairpin) has may be a better view, because you can see them going up the Raidillon from there.

Monza...
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you have Google Earth then you can see most race tracks from the sky. I will try find a link to Matra's thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    If you have Google Earth then you can see most race tracks from the sky. I will try find a link to Matra's thread about it.
    see post number 1: Google Earth does NOT count

i dont have google earth...
    can anyone find me some pics of nurburgring from the air?
    nurburgring nordschlief in germany
    i dont tihnk the last word is right
    its an awesome track though
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    see post number 1: Google Earth does NOT count
    Damn!

TVR - Give me a few minutes, il see if i can get something from google earth.

nurburgring - with an outline.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks dude thats kool
    i love nurburgring GT4!!!!
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    nurburgring - with an outline.
    Hey you haven't asked my permission to use the images created for the UCP tracks file.

That doubles my fee. Please send TWO pints to me at ...........
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information