Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    which can be used all through 2010,2011,2012 etc...
    i meant something like this.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ly-season.html
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

The season has not been very silly yet. All predictions have proven to be true.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

We indeed said we were going to rule them all with just one well spent dollar.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The season has not been very silly yet. All predictions have proven to be true.
    give it time. with 3 new teams coming in, BMW leaving, and toyota looking shaky, there could be some interesting driver movement in the next few months.

Four new teams.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

sorry, my bad.

Four new teams.
    Maybe even five if we take Qadbak/Sauber/ex-BMW into account...

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Maybe even five...
    Campos
    Manor
    USF1
    Lotus
    and??

(Ted Joans)

I have edited my post, so the answer is there By the way, there is apossibility that Manor will be called Virgin, as they will move to the new team from Brawn.

Qadbak look like theyre only going to be on the grid if one of the others dont make it, which people continually speculate USF1 wont.

Toyota look pretty desperate to get a big named driver, with Raikkonen now in their sights after they lost Kubica.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Toyota look pretty desperate to get a big named driver, with Raikkonen now in their sights after they lost Kubica.
    Räikkönen has stated many times that he'd rather stay at home than drive a car in which he's not able to win. His manager has told that they're actually negotiating with a couple of teams that aren't considered to be looking for drivers, perhaps Webber's seat at RBR isn't safe after all.

The latest rumours have been against Räikkönen joining McLaren, but I can't believe Kovalainen would keep his seat for next season, unless his pace dramatically changes for the remaining two races. Glock maybe? Then there's Heidfeld, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Toyota in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark View Post
    The latest rumours have been against Räikkönen joining McLaren, but I can't believe Kovalainen would keep his seat for next season, unless his pace dramatically changes for the remaining two races. Glock maybe? Then there's Heidfeld, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Toyota in 2010.
    Heidfeld once was McLaren test-driver right? Perhaps Mercedes-Benz would not mind getting a German in 'their' car.

(Ted Joans)

Heidfeld once was McLaren test-driver right? Perhaps Mercedes-Benz would not mind getting a German in 'their' car.
    He was, but I don't know if they'd gain anything in replacing Kovalainen with him. And Glock's German too...

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark View Post
    He was, but I don't know if they'd gain anything in replacing Kovalainen with him. And Glock's German too...
    What do you make of Kovalainen? He was really good in the junior classes, unbeatable almost. But now...

(Ted Joans)

What do you make of Kovalainen? He was really good in the junior classes, unbeatable almost. But now...
    I really don't know. He flashes his speed at times, sometimes even being faster than Hamilton, but then he just disappears barely scoring points, while Hamilton drives the same car to an easy win. It would be easy to blame the car being tailored to suit Hamilton, but I doubt that alone would have that big of an effect. Maybe a team change and a bit less pressure would be good for him. Luckily, there's plenty of teams looking for drivers.

Thread Information