Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Multimedia > Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out

Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by faksta View Post
Ok, one man agrees to upgrade his FXX and says that it's 'perfect' (or 'bullshit'). You have nothing to do except to believe him? Where is the researchement here?
Ferrari said they would be collecting telemetry data from their track-meets, the owner's opinion's are only part of the "research project."
Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Enthusiast

Moscow, Russia
Send a message via MSN to faksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
Ferrari said they would be collecting telemetry data from their track-meets, the owner's opinion's are only part of the "research project."
Every driver has his own habits. You can't commit researchement judging only from one driver's telemetry data. You will need several drivers to receive authentic information.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Every driver has his own habits. You can't commit researchement judging only from one driver's telemetry data. You will need several drivers to receive authentic information.
sure, but Ferrari has "some" experience with telemetric data from different drivers...
Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast

Moscow, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
sure, but Ferrari has "some" experience with telemetric data from different drivers...
Of course, but the program won't be complex then
Old 10-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Supporting Member

Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Of course, but the program won't be complex then
as complex as they want to make it...
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Novice

omg, i think i just dropped a nut. Ooo...the things i would do to own this car...

If you can still see the cops,
you're not going fast enough.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast

Calgary AB
i think that Ferrari should at least try to make it's cars look good
Old 10-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Rookie

California
Another awesome Enzo-based supercar.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Fanatic

True North
Quote:
Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
This is not a streetcar, or a car that will be regularily seen by the public. So why?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Kansas City
Send a message via MSN to nopassn Send a message via Yahoo to nopassn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
As far as any race/track car is (read: should be) concerned: Function > Asthetics
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Warsaw
Send a message via MSN to dydzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
Oooh, low-blow

The FXX seems to become more attractive every time I see pics of it. I still can't quite get the point of it though.

Is this like a series development-mule that will result in a better F60(70?) one day? So the clients are paying to do what employees would've done previously?

I probably have it all wrong, but even if that is the case, it's pretty cool.
it is, but it was stated in the press text back in 2005 and made it even more desirable for the clients

Quote:
Oh, this is interesting. And if no one wants to upgrade his car? I lose the point of this program then - wasn't it aimed to wide researchements based on all 30 (or 29?) car owners' results and performance? Ok, one man agrees to upgrade his FXX and says that it's 'perfect' (or 'bullshit'). You have nothing to do except to believe him? Where is the researchement here?

EDIT: From the other hand, it could be considered as an effort to save some cars in natural form, i.e. to make every car more expensive in future, to increase their value for collectors. I mean, if all the cars will differ, they all should become a 'one-off', and not 'one of thirty'.
it's not like that 30 people bought these cars two years ago and it was last time ferrari people met them. you can't get out your ferrari on a track without a group of 15 ferrari technicans, simply because noone apart from them knows how to start the engine and set it up. FXX are an object of very complex project, which aim is to develop highest-performance supercar, thus during last two years and more than 30,000 it's reasonable to offer an upgrade packet exploiting what they've come up with yet.

to my logic this upgrade will be added to cars that are commonly used during track events or at least have contact with ferrari management, like benny caiola's car which took part in FXX event for the first time just this weekend. that should be about 24 cars.

i see in this also additional punishment for those who decided to sell the cars on their own, which is against the agreement owners were signing when taking up FXX project
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

United States of America
Send a message via MSN to F1_Master
Quote:
Oh, this is interesting. And if no one wants to upgrade his car? I lose the point of this program then - wasn't it aimed to wide researchements based on all 30 (or 29?) car owners' results and performance? Ok, one man agrees to upgrade his FXX and says that it's 'perfect' (or 'bullshit'). You have nothing to do except to believe him? Where is the researchement here?

EDIT: From the other hand, it could be considered as an effort to save some cars in natural form, i.e. to make every car more expensive in future, to increase their value for collectors. I mean, if all the cars will differ, they all should become a 'one-off', and not 'one of thirty'.
As far as I know, many are already on board. The FXX owners who are signed up to FChat seem to be giving hints that they're doing it. And I'm sure even Schumacher will do it.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Furniture

East Coast of the United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
i see in this also additional punishment for those who decided to sell the cars on their own, which is against the agreement owners were signing when taking up FXX project
Punishment? I don't think that's the least of your worries.

If you need an army of technicians to start the car, selling the FXX and breaking the contract is going to make you find your own team of technicians to start, service and look after the car.

Have fun looking for non-Ferrari technicians to start the car.

I'm sure McLaren has some classified information in their HQ somewhere.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Enthusiast

Moscow, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
as complex as they want to make it...
Don't you count a human factor? Or do I underestimate the possibilities of telemetry?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Rookie

more pics?