Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Important: User Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    You mean 20 posts or 20 rep points?? I have more than 20 posts and I've given people rep points (approve/disapprove) and their points still the same...
    20 reputation points. Looks as if you're well on your way

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    20 reputation points. Looks as if you're well on your way
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I'm not sure that a week is enought for a gutless shot like that but your the modulator. It is good to make known that the moderators CAN see who does this.
    You may be right, a week is what first came to mind as a first offence it should probably be longer, second offence will be a permanent ban I have informed that user via E-mail.

Thanx NoOne. its good to know that we have responsible moderators/modulators like urself.
    as for the racial slurs, they are the lowest form of communication and reflect the stupid nature of the poster.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Can somebody explain how or where to look for rep comments. Pointing at the green dot only tells me that I am still on a distinghuised road.
    just click on "User CP" and u will get a list of the latest comments left to you be other users.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    just click on "User CP" and u will get a list of the latest comments left to you be other users.
    Thank you, never too old to learn new things

check out post number 26 of this thread
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...?t=2275&page=2
    for more info on rep system.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I have been recently propelled over the 20 rep. point mark and when I tried to add a rep. point to someone the computer said "must spread some more rep around." Now I had NEVER, EVER given any rep. points to this person. Has anyone else ever experienced any thing like this? I would really like to be able to give somone rep. points without having to give 10 other people them.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    I have been recently propelled over the 20 rep. point mark and when I tried to add a rep. point to someone the computer said "must spread some more rep around." Now I had NEVER, EVER given any rep. points to this person. Has anyone else ever experienced any thing like this? I would really like to be able to give somone rep. points without having to give 10 other people them.
    Its happened to me plenty of times. I fling the things around all over the joint. It has only happened when I try to add to people I have added to previously though. A couple here would have about 70 points otherwise.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Its happened to me plenty of times. I fling the things around all over the joint. It has only happened when I try to add to people I have added to previously though. A couple here would have about 70 points otherwise.
    hay Crisis have one on me

I think the problem is activated by posts. When I tried to rate a different post of the same person it worked just fine. I had only given out about 3 more rep. points when I had rated the second post. This also happened a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago when I had just come itno the forums. I clicked on the little rep. box and it said "must spread more rep. around."That was my first rating ever. Is it just me or is someone else having the same problem?????? It happens rarely though so it barely ever gets in my way.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Actually, the information is easy to access, this is great forum software ... at least from my perspective.
    How do you acsess the information?

Actually this is inspired by another post by Matra

So think this one through, when you see someone with a high rep make a statement about a car problem you bring to UCP. How will you know to trust it ?

It may only have been earned by pimping for threads like this
    Is it possible to have 2 different rep point systems posted side by side...one being earned via helping others (by posting answers to problems) and the other for 'pimping'?

Of course the Moderators have to find a way to monitor these.

Just a thought.
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    Is it possible to have 2 different rep point systems posted side by side...one being earned via helping others (by posting answers to problems) and the other for 'pimping'?

Of course the Moderators have to find a way to monitor these.

Just a thought.
    nah, I think it's best to keep UCP as a friendly place where mates are willing and happy to help each other out.

'pimping' brings capitalism in and it's nasty side could lead to the future when folks could become mercenary and ONLY willing to post if they get rep for it. THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE>

I think it's best that rep is for QUALITY and that a simple "thanks" and "hello" is for all the rest
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I agree with Matra. Were rep to become capitalistic nobody would post or help anyone else unless it became profitable, leading to a useless web-site. It seems to be working not too badly now.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Thread Information