Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    What difficulty did you do it in clutch?

It took me seven and abit hours to complete it on hardened.. Could do it faster if i had done a few battles differently..

I liked the ending, Made me all warm and fuzzy. It's short but much better than the story in just about every other game I've ever played. Maybe manatee's have a short attention span but games on a huge scale like fable/mass effect and the like just bore me after a while/as soon as you repeat mission styles. I hate grinding with a passion, so as far as I'm concerned the joy I get from a shorter campaign more than offsets the length issue.
    the one above normal. it felt like it ended in the third quarter so to speak, i dunno.

single player was well executed, still has the same old infinite enemies etc etc but it works.

apparently crack russian paratrooper units still have AK-47's, a weapon phased out of frontline use 30 years ago seriosuly IW, L2AK74/AN94/AK104 etc etc
    other than that, wepaons are sweet. audio is improved a notch, not quite bad company/far cry 2 level. yoi'll never be bored in the single player.

Multiplayer is always fast paced and rewards solid teamwork and good communication so sometimes wont be your style Clutch-hideinthegrasswithsilencedweapons-monkey..
    commnicating only gives me away!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'm finding the new perk system really good, As well as the kill streak rewards.. Selecting your own bonus is a hoot. 25 Kill streak and you get a tactical nuke.. So uhh. Be aware..

Though I passed over the tac nuke option and selected at 11 kill streak to be the AC130 gunner.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    You mean you're not boycotting it due to the lack of dedicated servers?! Gasp!
    lol, I play COD mainly for SP not MP, so not that passionate about the cause...though the small 9vs9 match will be less interesting, I've had some great time playing MP in COD4 on PC in big matches...

I just hope it'll run ok...though it seems they really made this more console game biased...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

you mean 360 biased?

its entirely obvious that MS has done its trademark move and ploughed cash into this title to be backed up as its own. so they can advertise it with their mark. and have it made to their needs. its a shame because the prospect of modern warfare could have been innovated to such a higher mark on the PC. Or even the ps3. Or even all of the platforms at once.

I think that's a developer/publisher decision. Same shit happened to the Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon series. They used to have a "PC" version and a "console" version. But now they just make the console game and port it verbatim to PC....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

eh, guess it's easier/more money to develop for consoles. mulitplayer is as normal so far, good but feels a little empty - no ultimate goal? will try different game modes.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

No ultimate goal? Killing assholes online isn't a goal?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I hear the lack of dedicated servers for MW2 on PC is a huge matter of contention for PC players. I've personally always maintained that FPSs are best left to the PC where you have the precision and accuracy of a mouse to shoot - the sticks are awkward, and once I left my early gaming games on N64 and played FPSs on PC, I never really turned back to consoles for them barring Halo which was a shitload of fun, but maybe coulda even have been more fun on PC with a controller for vehicles. I sorta wish consoles had mice and keyboards.

Anyways back to MW2. What are the multiplayer play modes and what do they entail?

It's a goal, and an awesome one at that. I love the intensity of MW onlinel; its great fun for the.. err Family. Yeah.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

no, because i'm an asshole
    it's fun, but.. you kill a whole bunch of guys but you never get anywhere, they just respawn. idk. it's less modern warfare and more bitchfight in a locker room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I hear the lack of dedicated servers for MW2 on PC is a huge matter of contention for PC players.
    i think it's just IW recognises where the money is? i don't know how much it would cost to do the usual MP setup, but why bother to support a fanbase who would happily just torrent the game rather than pay for it.
    I've personally always maintained that FPSs are best left to the PC
    you're confused with RTS..

- the sticks are awkward
    sure, if you're unco-ordinated.. it's a level playing ground. you can definately turn faster in PC games and it's more precise for sure, but it just means i depend on whiteballz to cover my back (a critical mistake, perhaps). the upside is no need to dick around with a PC, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    sure, if you're unco-ordinated.. it's a level playing ground. you can definately turn faster in PC games and it's more precise for sure, but it just means i depend on whiteballz to cover my back (a critical mistake, perhaps). the upside is no need to dick around with a PC, i guess.
    I wasn't uncoordinated at all - I was a hot hand in Halo back in the day. The setup is just inferior and not as fun to use as the mouse and keyboard due to it's awkwardness. I'd rather face competition that is more accurate and where kills and the time between reaction and shot are faster on PC than where the interface is clunky on console.

The problem with PCs is that there's little money in it I guess as you've mentioned. All the cash is in consoles. I thus propose once again that consoles get mice and keyboards to yet further blur the line between console and computer. This could even potentially serve to draw gamers away form PC and hammer another nail in PC gaming's coffin.

The major drawbacks to PC gaming for me - Upgrade costs/Asshole hackers.

Depending on me to cover your back? It's the best decision you've made since you decided to stop porking the cops underage daughter.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I wasn't uncoordinated at all - I was a hot hand in Halo back in the day. The setup is just inferior and not as fun to use as the mouse and keyboard due to it's awkwardness. I'd rather face competition that is more accurate and where kills and the time between reaction and shot are faster on PC than where the interface is clunky on console.

The problem with PCs is that there's little money in it I guess as you've mentioned. All the cash is in consoles. I thus propose once again that consoles get mice and keyboards to yet further blur the line between console and computer. This could even potentially serve to draw gamers away form PC and hammer another nail in PC gaming's coffin.
    that would actually be pretty good. what i would like to see is a joystick movement/light gun aiming system like what the wii almost but completely failed to be. if executed well i think it would be close to mouse/kb... interesting anyway
    Depending on me to cover your back? It's the best decision you've made since you decided to stop porking the cops underage daughter.
    i didn't decide to stop though?
    besides i can see it now, those tactical insertion flares? you're gonna stick it in the back of my belt every time i try and snipe.

semtex/throwing knife are more my style.. But if I wanted to be a real c**t I'd drop a relief package on your position.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- MW2-AMAZING Knife Throw- Modern Warfare 2[/ame]

Thread Information