Page 478 of 500 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Holy shit! 12's! OMG!
    (This is sarcastic BTW.)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Compared to the group of bikes that were running consistant 10.6's I agree
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i find it hilarious that it's badged as 335kw and puts out 353kw.. at the wheels.

that guys times are shit though. a reflashed F6 runs 12"s anyway?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Maybe it was a typo.. or the marketeers thought that 335 looks better than 353.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i find it hilarious that it's badged as 335kw and puts out 353kw.. at the wheels.

that guys times are shit though. a reflashed F6 runs 12"s anyway?
    Stock F6 auto's are running around 12.5's, the manuals are about half a second slower. Some are predicting the GT will see a flat 12 with an auto and a decent driver.

Supposedly the same dyno that saw a GT pull 353rwkw saw a GS do ~300rwkw. I dont know whats going on with those 2 particular cars and the freak numbers as the general consensus seems to be the GS will be around 260rwkw and the GT will be around 290rwkw.
    I am the Stig

very happy dyno going by the times at least.. probably the same dyno they use at autosalon
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That ford has also been tested on the Castle Hill Exhaust dyno and made 328kw at the wheels. No shootout mode and other shenanigans to inflate the final HP its what he runs for all his customer cars, it ran 8 psi at max boost, he has sucked the tune out of it to see if it compares to non press release cars. They have measured the pulley to see if its running a non standard pulley. The tune in the car is pretty fluffy with A/F around the 10.1 up high, and from what the guys at Ford are saying is the engine doesn't show its best until about 10,000km are on the clock. Looking at the a/f with a decent tune and a i/c close to 400rwkw would be a breeze

Figures from Dales dyno at CHE
    328rwkw@6120rpm
    541nm@4900

That figure makes the 317kw HSV look a bit sad as Dale has dynoed heaps and a really healthy one make a bit over 240rwkw. The LS forum is in meltdown

thread here, the language is fairly fruity so be warned
    [ame="http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67260047"]BOSS 335 GT Runs 12s - PerformanceForums[/ame].

very happy dyno going by the times at least.. probably the same dyno they use at autosalon
    I'm no drag race expert but the 2000kg getting going hampers times/speeds etc from what the guys on PF are saying
    Last edited by charged; 10-22-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

just heard about the CHE test.. damn.

320rwkw seems more realistic than 350rwkw. Key point still seems to be about 50rwkw more than the GS though. Plenty of people waiting for an auto be run, thats for sure.
    I am the Stig

that plus they only have 245's on the back, definately needs wider rubber haha

They're still only on 245s? ****ing hell.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    320rwkw seems more realistic than 350rwkw. Key point still seems to be about 50rwkw more than the GS though. Plenty of people waiting for an auto be run, thats for sure.
    Roy the editor of Street Fords has driven both and says the GT feels like it has 50 more Kw than the GS, some of the guys on PF think a mid 12 is very possible with a auto as the zf trans are quicker than the manuals at the 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that plus they only have 245's on the back, definately needs wider rubber haha
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    They're still only on 245s? ****ing hell.
    The safety component for the warranty, better wheelspin or TCS cutting in than ZF, clutches drive shafts etc all over the place
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I was reading in a book after a dyno of the GS. they measured the amount in the league of 355-360 fwkw after they run it on the dyno. this is the area ford has always been off since boss motors. i'm not sure who is doing the number figures down there, but they can't get the number on the car/spec sheets to match the real world numbers they produce...
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    but they can't get the number on the car/spec sheets to match the real world numbers they produce...
    Thats intentional. HSV are a couple of years away from being able to either install an LSA/LS9 or go their own blown route and until then theres no need on face value to blow them into the weeds.

245's are shit i agree, and look like they wont be changed until either the series 2 update or when the "351kw" engine gets launched, but on the street theyre enough. Consider the G6E Turbo has pulled faster street acceleration times than both the XR6T and the F6, and it doesnt have an LSD. The DSC will handle it under normal circumstances.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Thats intentional. HSV are a couple of years away from being able to either install an LSA/LS9 or go their own blown route and until then theres no need on face value to blow them into the weeds.

245's are shit i agree, and look like they wont be changed until either the series 2 update or when the "351kw" engine gets launched, but on the street theyre enough. Consider the G6E Turbo has pulled faster street acceleration times than both the XR6T and the F6, and it doesnt have an LSD. The DSC will handle it under normal circumstances.
    Holden has always had trouble getting fwkw to the back wheels with minimal loss. but i tell you. if they bring the ls9 here, it's going to cost to much.

from what i know. turbochargers always increase boost once they loosen up. so you would expect a turbo 6 to run 12's easy.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Thread Information