Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F1 driver market is clearing up

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R
    whats everyones view on that engine freeze?
    It defeats the object of F1. Limiting budgets is fine, but you can't tell them to 'stop developing' - what's the point of racing in the series?!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Well Matesitch has made no secret about wanting the fastest drivers available for RBR and with Kimi only interested in McLaren, Ferrari or Renault, Webber becomes arguably the highest profile driver on the market now.

It also rules out Massa joining one of the RB squads if Kimi joins Ferrari whilst MS stays on and doesnt retire.
    Kimi better keep his a** at McLaren.

I have a feeling that they're turning it around.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    It defeats the object of F1. Limiting budgets is fine, but you can't tell them to 'stop developing' - what's the point of racing in the series?!
    The teams had their chance to keep a small amount of development though, but they didnt seem to like the idea of putting forward $10M each whilst saving who knows how many times more than that, so the FIA could keep one of the independant engine makers like Cosworth on terms with the manufacturers.
    I am the Stig

that engine freeze is ****in bullshit and i am going to stop watching if they do that. anyway webber will be going to renault in 2008. mark my words.

Formula 1 just contacted me via E-mail. They asked me to formulate the engine-regulations for the 11 teams next year.. I think I'll turn it down though.

In the latest edition of the finnish sports magazine Urheilulehti it is implied that Michael Schumacher will be continuing his career at Ferrari, but only if his team mate for 2007 will be Felipe Massa. Knowing this, McLaren and Mercedes are said to be willing to offer Kimi Räikkönen a huge deal for staying in the team.

Apparently Mark Webber was also considered at McLaren, but being asked to wait for the decision from Räikkönen and Red Bull demanding a quick "yes" or "no", Webber made the safer decision to join Red Bull, writes the long term F1 journalist Erkki Mustakari.

The information about Ferrari signing Schumacher and Massa for next year is also backed up by Red Bull and Toro Rosso already having their drivers set for next season, as Ferrari had promised Massa to have a seat in either a Ferrari, or one of it's sister teams next year (with Red Bull changing to Renault engines this would only mean Toro Rosso).

Rumours rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    Apparently Mark Webber was also considered at McLaren, but being asked to wait for the decision from Räikkönen and Red Bull demanding a quick "yes" or "no", Webber made the safer decision to join Red Bull, writes the long term F1 journalist Erkki Mustakari.
    Sounds alot like the deal he mightve had with Renault. Raikonnen must have half the grid on their toes with where hes going.
    I am the Stig

I'm in the driver market

^^^^
    The word in the F1 paddock is you couldnt drive a nail into a bit of wood, let alone a F1 car
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    ^^^^
    The word in the F1 paddock is you couldnt drive a nail into a bit of wood, let alone a F1 car
    The other word in the paddock is I am as fast as Raikkonen in a Midland

Thread Information