Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Sam are you just testing this weekend or actually running in a sprint?...either way, take some advice given to me when I started "Hasten slowly"...learn the track, be mindful of other users, but most of all enjoy whatever you do
    Believe me, once this bug bites it bites hard
    I'll probably be out for the Nov 18th, looks like Kev won't run at the Morgan Park round, as you have probably seen the damage will take too long to fix
    I am thinking about taking out a contract on the dill that caused it however.
    i think a few drivers will have a chance to say they overtook a GT3 in a civic on saturday...
    actually not sure if we're driving yet, got the helmets and extuingisher etc in case we can, but going to check it out anyway
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

good evnin fellow revheads
    thank's to HONDAREC/ROKEMTPT the civic will possably make the next round
    i cannot say enough about these two bloke's who between them have supplied part's or funds to fix the car these dudes rock
    now it's all up to me and guru to fix what needs fixing and as big bro knows the guru can fix anything anyway as of saturday it's on and i'm going to be a busy sluf for a while once again thank's hondarec &rokem tpt
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Quote Originally Posted by ballast
    i cannot say enough about these two bloke's who between them have supplied part's or funds to fix the car these dudes rock
    now it's all up to me and guru to fix what needs fixing and as big bro knows the guru can fix anything anyway as of saturday it's on and i'm going to be a busy sluf for a while once again thank's hondarec &rokem tpt
    good to hear you're back in the race, so to speak
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

just noticed you're post mark you're to late took one out sunday nite just joking but i think i'll have a quite word with him at some stage

Looks like this is contagious. Have no idea what car I will run, but due to Classic Adelaide next weekend I'm joining a club and getting a L2(S) licence Monday evening.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    Looks like this is contagious. Have no idea what car I will run, but due to Classic Adelaide next weekend I'm joining a club and getting a L2(S) licence Monday evening.
    we could run with UCP livery?

If W gives it the OK, can't see why not.

BoJ stickers somewhere too

and im the only one stuck with no race in my near future.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    and im the only one stuck with no race in my near future.
    i give it a year until you have one - approx 10 months to pay off debt (variable) + 3 months to get funds and help to make it raceworthy
    or, borrow one of ours until then anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    If W gives it the OK, can't see why not.

BoJ stickers somewhere too
    definately

i can design the stickers
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by ballast
    Do you need me to pick anything up? How long does the guru think it will take to fix?, and does that include painting etc?
    clutch-monkey, mate don't worry about who overtakes you, get your lines right,braking markers correct, make sure the tyre pressures are right and all the fluids checked, belts tight, be happy with your driving and the speed will come with time and experience DO NOT take the Porker home on a tilt-tray, it isn't a good look.
    To cyco, good to see you taking the first step, good luck
    whiteballz, make some enquiries, join a club, it's easy from there. Fellas believe me, it is so much better to do it (motorsport, that is) in the controlled environment of a sprint/hill-climb/race meeting etc, there are people on hand to help if you get in the sh#t, and not so many things to hit, it's so much safer than stuffing around on public roads, take it from a man who knocked 3 of the 4 corners off his newly re-built car in his youth (Dad aka tyke had just finished it and I knocked some Armco out of the ground with it )
    It's more fun on a track
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

little bit up in the air at the moment on how long it willtake
    going to hondarec in the morning so got to get chook's ute first then the guru is coming around sat afternoon but he think's we'll have it sorted by sunday at the latest then all i have to do is put it back together don't know wether we'll get time to paint it

Memories

Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda
    Do you need me to pick anything up? How long does the guru think it will take to fix?, and does that include painting etc?
    clutch-monkey, mate don't worry about who overtakes you, get your lines right,braking markers correct, make sure the tyre pressures are right and all the fluids checked, belts tight, be happy with your driving and the speed will come with time and experience DO NOT take the Porker home on a tilt-tray, it isn't a good look.
    To cyco, good to see you taking the first step, good luck
    whiteballz, make some enquiries, join a club, it's easy from there. Fellas believe me, it is so much better to do it (motorsport, that is) in the controlled environment of a sprint/hill-climb/race meeting etc, there are people on hand to help if you get in the sh#t, and not so many things to hit, it's so much safer than stuffing around on public roads, take it from a man who knocked 3 of the 4 corners off his newly re-built car in his youth (Dad aka tyke had just finished it and I knocked some Armco out of the ground with it )
    It's more fun on a track
    I remember it well. The Yamaha motor for the sillycar. "She slots straight in mate". Yes, after you construct a new exhaust system, change the bell housing, use the original sump pan which requires the oil pick-up to to be re-manufactured to suit the different pan, different engine mounts, make a new throttle system because we now have a crossflow engine, and then those Japanese Dellortos! I think they had the SU label on them, but really they bore more resemblance to a Dellorto. Finally I got them to deliver something like the power that they should, or at least enough to get you to 360 it, bouncing off each corner as you went! Fortunately only pride was hurt.

oh the yello turd tin spend's all that mony and still couldn't catch my grotty old rx2 ,tyke rember the trip back from the touring round at lakeside damn that was a giggle you're skyline mark's sillycar and my rx2 we drove like a bunch of juvinile delinquant's havent had that much fun in a road car since

As of last night I now have 1 of these
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information