Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which McLaren is this

Which McLaren is this

A yellow F1 was sold at some auction recently, I don't really know what auction it was as I don't follow car auctions. My question is does anyone know the chassis number of this particular F1?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lotec_Sirius View Post
    A yellow F1 was sold at some auction recently, I don't really know what auction it was as I don't follow car auctions. My question is does anyone know the chassis number of this particular F1?
    Chassis #014, originally from the collection of the Sultan of Brunei.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotec_Sirius View Post
    It was 2006 Monterey Sports & Classic Car Auction by RM Auctions (as can be seen in the background on the first pic). The car was a 1994 model, sold for 1,705,000 USD (est. 1.7-1.9 mln. USD). Chassis No. SA9AB5AC4R1048014. It's 'special' feature is Michael Schumacher's sign on the left sill. More info here: RM AUCTIONS
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    It was 2006 Monterey Sports & Classic Car Auction by RM Auctions (as can be seen in the background on the first pic). The car was a 1994 model, sold for 1,705,000 USD (est. 1.7-1.9 mln. USD). Chassis No. SA9AB5AC4R1048014. It's 'special' feature is Michael Schumacher's sign on the left sill. More info here: RM AUCTIONS
    Actually the auctioned amount was US$1,550,000, but extra costs inflated the final price. The signature has now unfortunately been removed in the refit. Currently the car resides in or around New York and is white with a high downforce kit and black wheels. It is owned by an teenager who's made a lot of money in the music business.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Actually the auctioned amount was US$1,550,000, but extra costs inflated the final price. The signature has now unfortunately been removed in the refit. Currently the car resides in or around New York and is white with a high downforce kit and black wheels. It is owned by an teenager who's made a lot of money in the music business.
    likely to be seen on you tube soon in some freak accident then....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It is owned by an teenager who's made a lot of money in the music business.
    There are teenagers who can make that much money by making music? I always thought you need some time to be good enough to sell that much records
    I actually tried to think of any names, but couldn't come up with any. Care to enlighten my totally-out-of-touch-with-current-musical-bestsellers person?
    Last edited by go.pawel; 11-26-2007 at 02:05 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    likely to be seen on you tube soon in some freak accident then....
    Actually apparently the kid has taken a lot of care into learning how to drive the car. It even shows that he's not the typical young artist with a Hummer, Range Rover and F430, all with chrome wheels over 20".

Actually apparently the kid has taken a lot of care into learning how to drive the car. It even shows that he's not the typical young artist with a Hummer, Range Rover and F430, all with chrome wheels over 20".
    black wheels are also not an encouraging sign though...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Pity that, you'd think you'd leave it there.

Come on, just say who the hell it is.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    black wheels are also not an encouraging sign though...
    White with black wheels looks great, very nice combo.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The only teenagers I can think of who would have enough money to buy this thing are Chris Brown and Lil' Romeo, if that's what he calls himself.

I'll have black wheels as of today again, they carry the winter tyres

Pity that, you'd think you'd leave it there.

To be perfectly honest, I've forgotten the name of the kid who owns it. Once I remember it I will post it, but I simply cannot find it back and I have a complete mental blank. What I do remember is that it was bid on at the auction by Martin Schein, I'm not fully aware of how it got from his hands into the current owner's. Also if I remember correctly, the kid's a producer, who's - with the help of his also famous father (another blank) - produced songs.

Schumacher's signature has been replaced with Hamilton's.

Yeah I was guessing 14 thanks for the info guys. Got another one, which one is this in the photoshoot with the Porsche Carrera GT? And the one with the Veyron?
    Attached Images Attached Images

black rims = no brake cust able to be seen so clean!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    black rims = no brake cust able to be seen so clean!
    i have taken up the advice from Spaceballs: "I brake for nobody", hence no problem....

Thread Information