Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friggin GM!!!! >:(

Friggin GM!!!! >:(

stupid GM is planning to make a Corvette SUV by 2007!

it is basically a hummer h2 with the doors being reengineread to open suciede ways, the back end sloping back like an Aztek, with corvette taillights and a 65 front end with a little squarer styling and a trans am ram air hood with 65 wheels.

I heard of it in my version of Autmobile magazine. I have found no pics on the internet but they said at automobile that they created computer generated photos from what they saw from them (GM) testing it in heavy camoflogue in Arizona.

here's the article:

If the latest computer enhanced images are correct, changes for the recently redesigned crovette include all wheel drive, brush guards, and seating for nine. Ace soy shoter Hans Meisterkafftsmann captured the heavly disguised mule near a soccar field in Arizona, and worked with analyst Paul Potemkin to generate the photos shown.
    " The corvette abvisouly needs additional cargo capacity, and it's ability to seat nine increases it's market penetration" the photographer noted.
    Chrvrolet division head W.W. Brent Dewar refused to confirm and planned changes to the corvette, offering only that "You people are fruitcakes"
    Potemkin stands by his colleague's enhancements of the images. "This is the inevitable evolution of GM's curent driection. The next corvette will conbine the off road capabilities essential to 50 year old suburbanties with key model identifiers like crossed flag embroidery and automatic transmission. Most Corvette owners' families, budgets, and waistlines have expanded beyone 2 seaters anyway- I mean, just try getting into the current car after all-you-can-eat fish night at Stuckey's, Tilt/tele my ass.
    The LS2-powered car could debut as a 2007 model. Meisterkraffsmann and Potemkin predict that Cehvy will base, Sport and Rochester Big and Tall editions.

/\ article by Jay Lamm.

I say it's stupid as hell and GM has gone too far with the SUV thing.

wadda you say about this stupid ass idea?

where the hell did you get this information?
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

I already said, the latest issue of Automobile Magazine.

Sounds Like a bunch of BS too me.
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Why do you care if they make it or not. Its just another vehicle, your biasness about anything suv is just a pain in the ass. I dont understand how you could stick a vette front end of a hummer, it doesn't make sense, and like kko said, its sounds like a bunch of BS.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

GM is notoriously bad at keeping secrets. Prime examples are the solstice, the HHR, the H3, the new corvette C6, the new Z06. I think that we would have heard something about a 2009 corvette SUV variant by now. I mean they're pretty much announced everything else up to 2012. I seriously doubt that...not to mention that automotive weekly is horrible for their reliability.
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

is that.......possible? if it is.....they better not. over 50 YEARS of amazing heritage is just going to be shot to death and cremated?!?!?!?!?! please, give links to where you saw this, i wanna keep a tab on how that idea goes.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I don't have a link, it is in A MAGAZINE!!

when my normal CPU is workiong again i'll scan it in.

i'm currently on a Laptop so I can;t do anything.

It's a joke.

it better dam well be!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aero
    It's a joke.
    the sad part is that you are the first one to figure it out

well, im a huge american car fan, and i was kinda......blinded quite literally by the incredible insane stupidity of the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    ...Hans Meisterkafftsmann... ...W.W. Brent Dewar... ..."You people are fruitcakes"... ...waistlines have expanded beyone 2 seaters anyway- I mean, just try getting into the current car after all-you-can-eat fish night at Stuckey's... ...Rochester Big and Tall editions.
    How can you not see this is a blatant piss-take?

Did you have your brain removed? I mean - come on Meisterkafftsmann?? Rochester Big and Tall editions???

Senior Chevrolet management calling people "fruitcakes" in a press statement???

Americans really need to catch up on satire.

I think the brave work of Chandler from "Friends" has successfully introduced 'sarcasm' to the American people, but some areas of humour appear to be seriously lacking.

Thanks for that though - I had a good chuckle whilst reading it, and then in a 2 for 1 type deal got another bout with the people thinking it was true
    Thanks for all the fish

I think I just lost my faith in humanity...
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

heres a link so you can all read satire
    http://www.satirewire.com/index.shtml

Thread Information