Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

MGS4, at the end of Act2 there is a portion with the APC and you are shooting brainless PMCs....I can't believe they squeezed in a zombie shooter in there....lol
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Just got my Xbox 360 back from being repaired and have been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Graphically good but doesn't grab me like the first game did. Could be due to being too simplified.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Metroid Prime:Trilogy package. Playing the 1st and 2nd Prime games. Mainly the 1st one though.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    MGS4, at the end of Act2 there is a portion with the APC and you are shooting brainless PMCs....I can't believe they squeezed in a zombie shooter in there....lol
    There's a difference! They have nanomachines in them!

I played it through, I still have no idea what the hell is going on in the story.

I played the MGS2 on PS2(up to the final level and I just sorta gave up on the boss battle), and then this, so story wise I don't know much about it since much of the stuff is referring to the original MGS on PSX....

I liked the MGS 4 though...the control with the game pad is not as nice as keyboard and mouse that I am used to, but with time I do get a hang of it....aiming manually always seems to take forever though...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I played the MGS2 on PS2(up to the final level and I just sorta gave up on the boss battle), and then this, so story wise I don't know much about it since much of the stuff is referring to the original MGS on PSX....

I liked the MGS 4 though...the control with the game pad is not as nice as keyboard and mouse that I am used to, but with time I do get a hang of it....aiming manually always seems to take forever though...
    I'm kinda familiar with MGS2 because I saw bits of it when my cousin played, but I did play MGS3. That didn't help me story wise with MGS4 though.

Aiming does take a while, but it's not horrible. The controls in MGS4 are still way better than MGS3 any day.

Funny thing, I kind of gave up on the final Bowser battle in Mario Galaxy. The platforming is a pain in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Drop it gently a few times and see if you can get it to RROD.. or is it older than three years?
    Tea towel over the vents is the best way.. Let it run overnight and cook itself.

Its just out of my 3 year warranty by five weeks. Bastards.

So I've run around and EB will sell me a 2nd hand xbox20Gig for 250 bucks. Thats the best offer I've had.

And I still can't afford it right now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

If we've not had price cuts yet we will, so it may be worth holding out. Also there's strong, all but confirmed rumours of a 250GB model happening, so that might drop second hand pricing some when it happens.

The 250GB is confirmed. The MW2 and ODST special edition boxes are 250GB.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Might want to snap up those special package boxes while you can.....MS has already said there are no intentions to offer the 250gb units as a standalone model. They'll only be available with those bundles, and I don't know for how long. Kinda sucks. Thought about selling my 360 to my brother (who wants one so he and I can play online) and picking up the 250gb unit for myself. Of course, I'm still in the works to pick up a PS3 (for my blu-ray and Killzone needs) in the near future as well.......so I dunno.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

ODST is pretty good. atmosphere and gameplay better than Halo 3. actually get to do fighting retreats and stealth actually matters, whereas before as a spartan you'd always be attacking.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    ODST is pretty good. atmosphere and gameplay better than Halo 3. actually get to do fighting retreats and stealth actually matters, whereas before as a spartan you'd always be attacking.
    You say that like it's a bad thing. I did try stealth in the earlier games but it didn't seem to make that big a difference and I decided I liked tons of random explosions everywhere better anyways.

I've been unsure how this was going to turn out with no MC, seemed kind of like it would be missing something. Do you get that feeling at all, or is it just a completely different game or what?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

I downloaded Fat Princess the other day for the PS3... addicting, fun game. Partly because it's so ridiculous... capturing fat princesses like you're capturing the flag. Where cake eating is forbidden! You also splatter into a bloody mess when you get killed, but in that cartoon way so it's kind of cute. Good game so far. Haven't really messed with the multiplayer yet..but that's what it's supposed to be all about anyway, the multiplayer. Single player campaign/story mode is pretty short, beat it in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. I did try stealth in the earlier games but it didn't seem to make that big a difference and I decided I liked tons of random explosions everywhere better anyways.

I've been unsure how this was going to turn out with no MC, seemed kind of like it would be missing something. Do you get that feeling at all, or is it just a completely different game or what?
    i liked it better because there was no MC. it's like the game is a little less dumbed down somehow, i dunno. the difference is sort of like how RB6:LV is to COD4, if you see what i mean.
    The atmosphere of being alone in this dark wrecked city is pretty awesome, much better than being some unstoppable cyborg ready to teabag all in his way.
    overall i like it, got it for free on three crappy trade in games lol.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Currently playing Watchmen The End is Nigh. Got the disc version for a couple bucks at Gamestop. Not the greatest thing ever, but it is definitely satisfying my long unquenched thirst for a good, brutal brawler. Just wished it had online co-op. I miss brawlers....haven't see a good one in years (unless I've missed it).

Still don't know why we haven't seen a next gen Double Dragon game yet. I wonder who even owns the rights to that IP nowadays...

Ah well.....bashing in heads as Rorschach will do fine for now.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Thread Information