Thread: Audax - a mysterious French sportscar

Audax - a mysterious French sportscar

Hello everybody!

I am looking for partners to translate an article from French about the Audax - one of those mysterious sportscars. The translation would be used to write a short article about this rarity and would be posted here: . : : FIND RARE CAR : : . » Audax (France), mentioning You as my contributor.

Here is the article: Audax

Can't wait to get any serious answers! Thank You!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ulimator; 11-03-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

those rear lights look a little small....

The car has some nice lines. The interior looks very simple in design.

Why don't you just use Google translator to translate a lot of that article. It may not be the best, but it's a start.

edit. Nevermind. Just checked your site and it has a Google translation.
    Last edited by Equinox; 11-03-2008 at 07:44 PM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Looks like an S2000 thats been frenched.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    The car has some nice lines. The interior looks very simple in design.

Why don't you just use Google translator to translate a lot of that article. It may not be the best, but it's a start.

edit. Nevermind. Just checked your site and it has a Google translation.
    Thank You for the tip! Sometimes, google just distorts the meaning and since I don't speak French it is pretty important to understand the text correctly.. Google translation is not the worst idea, but if there is someone who just could help, I would never reject it.

P.S. Thank You for visiting my little website
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Looks like an S2000 thats been frenched.
    Looks like a dodge viper that has been "frenched"... I don't like it...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

I don't know French, but I have this car in a catalogue, where there is some info on it and a photo, which is not in a first post.

In spring, 1997 Audax engieering company has presented its new product - two-seater roadster designed in a quite agressive style. Audax has low fiberglass body and a steel spaceframe, which is good for different engines. In a basic modification it has a 4,4-liter BMW V8 engine with an output of 286hp, mid-placed, and a 6-speed manual gearbox. New independent suspension with adjustable springs from racing cars provides a good stability. Roadster's length - 3,7 m, weight - 950 kg. The company plans to make 100 cars per year, though its price of half a million franks (more than a hundred thousand USD) will hardly be able to attract customers.
    The photo will be scanned and posted later today, when I'll get to my PС.
    Last edited by faksta; 11-04-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Here is a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I don't know French, but I have this car in a catalogue, where there is some info on it and a photo, which is not in a first post.

The photo will be scanned and posted later today, when I'll get to my PС.
    Thank You, faksta, for the help! You're doing a great job here! I highy appreciate that!

I'd like to help you with the translation, but I'm afraid I've got little time lately. You know, I still haven't finished that AML Lanta translation you asked for
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    I'd like to help you with the translation, but I'm afraid I've got little time lately. You know, I still haven't finished that AML Lanta translation you asked for
    Hi go.pawel! Nice to see You here again! I still continue the research about Audax and I've found some nice stuff I'll post in blog (I hope You'll find some time to visit it).. I would be greatly pleased if You helped me (at least with Audax, while AML Lanta is still in queue to be reviewed...).. I am also extremely busy especially this month and have minimum time both for cars and my blog

Can't wait to get any news!

Hello Ultimator. This is the proper translation of the site you pointed. Hope it helps in anything.

Cheers.

"For the passionates about cars, a true sports car must gather three fundamental qualities: an exciting design, a briliant mechanical background and a perfoming chassis. However, a sports car worthy of such name must also ban three main flaws: the excessive weight, the dampening of sensations and the driving aids. Therefore, it's based on these 6 principles that the Audax is conceived and built, always keeping in mind, above all, the pursuit for the utimate pleasure of driving.

A young physics degreed, Olivier Moret-Bailly, was the responsible for the designing of the car's body. The specifications required for this project dictated the dreation of a roadster with a long hood and a short tail, with the engine placed in the mid-front position, having fluid but aggressive main lines, with the wheels thrown to the body's extremes.

An agreement with BMW dictated this company to supply almost all the mechanical components chosen: engine, 6-speed gearbox, final drive, clutch, steering, brakes, driveshafts, pedals, front hub and electronics. The engine, essential organ for any car, was the latest birth of old: the alloy, double camshaft 32v V8. On the basic trim, it produced 286hp, but evolutions were foreseen for the upcoming M5.

With 286hp, the power-to-weight ratio was of 3.3kg/hp, alowing it to rank in the top 10 at the time!

For the chassis, an inverted 3-pontoon system (made of aeronautic grade steel) is the base for the exceptionally stiff multitubular frame, designed by Gérard Hély, much stiffer than the monocoque structures, and incomparably lighter: 85kg.

The suspension's a whole new type: the Mono Interactive. This system , developed with the EUROFAC society, french importer of Billstein dampers and Eibach coil springs, allowed the setup of a single damper, mounted perpendicularly to the car's length, using the compression forces produced by the wheels while cornering to mechanically recover that energy on the opposite direction through a trapezoidal tipping system in the inner wheel, which naturally tends to rise and due to the reaction force, will be stopped from rolling; this forces the vehicle to curve totaly flat.
    After 4 years of efforts, the small group of passionates considered in producing their car in limited run, around 100 units per year on a 2500m2 facility, with 29 qualified laboureurs and 11 engineers and executives. The assembly line should have 10 work posts, fed by 4 manufacturing shops, allowing them to build a car in 24 hours.
    Unfortunately, the financing and orders ceased and the adventure ended there."